MiniFigure -a -Day

Warbot

LyPdyL5.jpg

DC Comics Capsule Buildable Gashapon Vending
Reverse Flash  Cost  .75

If you're a collector with not much to spend, this series is the best bang for your buck, .  Colorful, Medium sized , stands well and goes deep into the roster, so you're highly likely to find one of your favs.  I have most of series 1 , which I got through vending machines [Walmart usually has them, be it DC, Spongebob or Looney Tunes] and a EBAY lot. [I would say go with ebay as a set is fairly cheap , 7 -10 dollars for up to 9 figures]  It's a series I will continue to collect on the side for sure.

N2bIo2h.jpg

Funko Mystery Mini Universal Monsters 2019 : Frankenstien  Cost 5-8 $

Classic Monsters meets Mini Figures, Consider me hooked. Add to that "Black and White Variants" And you have one of the best series Funko has produced. Well standing, Masterfully Sculpted and some of the best paint jobs we've seen.  Ebay lots are you're best bet, but Be PATIENT! a deal will come!

QZtxLhx.jpg

Series 7 WWF M.U.S.C.L.E Ted Dibase 3pk for 5 bucks

This was a steal! Found them just hanging on the shelf of a Five Below, It was  a easy Decision . 3 per pack, Super well modeled and tiny enough to display without much fuss. The stand varies figure to figure and yes no paint job, but the detail makes up for it. Been thinking about getting a M.U.S.C.L.E ring to display them with. The whole series is great even if they do have a few glaring Omissions [Hogan, Studd,Bundy] but all in all I love it.

4APufZp.jpg

Oh Microbrawlers, A lovely little series that allows the less known or regionally far wrestlers a chance at toy-dom right here in the U.S of A.  Where else can one get a Cheeseburger figure? or a rubbery idol of Bernie the Bear?, A trule love letter to all things wrestling, yet I'm conflicted, The price is steep and yes I grumble with each online purchase but even this I can get over if it nabs me a member of L.I.J. No, it's the Design that gets me, Now I am not asking for a perfect replicate of my grappler, in fact the Caricature design scheme to me seems like a perfect fit for such tiny content, But alas, the faces, The faces just don't feel connected to the rest of the form, Blank stares over a beautifully painstakingly lovingly sculpted body, where even some of the slightest of details are sometimes fit into the small frame.  It's this disconnect that causes me to not recommend [added with the stand ,which varies from, wobble to having to lean against something] . I'd say get the few of your favs you could find no where else, It won't be hard with the 12.99 each price tag.  Maybe if they gave the face more character I could see buying more.  Til then, these bring me joy but leave me as flat as the expressions of each figure.

[Note-You can also get a random Microbrawler from Pro Wrestling Crate, who you'll get? Who knows, but EBAY listings prove it's a good chance you'll be at best mildly amused ]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived