Official The Horror Show at Extreme Rules Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Grudge Match
Eye for an Eye Match (winner determined by extracting the opponent’s eye)
Rey Mysterio (w/ Dominik) vs. Seth Rollins
8h7Dw3g.jpg

United States Championship Match
Singles Match
Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP (w/ Bobby Lashley)
ChN7afO.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wyatt match reminds me of what 2K did in WWE 2K20. On a side note, I hope they didn't just give up on The Fiend.. I'm guessing they are giving it a long rest, which is fine and probably good for him.

I'm just now realizing there's a lot more double champions in the biz right now than usual, even in the bigger promotions lol. 

I hope Sasha wins for the simple fact that I felt like she should've won the RAW Women's title last year when she returned - or at least by the end of the year or something. Sasha has accomplished a lot, yet it feels like she's always gets the shit end of the stick when it comes to wins/loses and title reign longevity. 

As convoluted as it would be I see potential in Sasha and Bayley flipping Titles. Beyley as Raw champion, Sasha as Smackdown champ, eventually Bayley would cost Sasha the tag titles and the smackdown women's title and Sasha can win the royal rumble.

WM main event is set.

40 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

They’ve been teasing friction between the two for months now, though. It would be silly not to follow through at the appropriate time which could be as early as SummerSlam.

They've been past the appropriate several times by this point. Atleast with them both heels Incould see the storyline going to WM.

They’ve been teasing it for years, not months. But all I’m saying is to end it next month while they’re still hot may not be such a good idea. It’s just unfortunate Mania is so far away. 

I'm referring to this current, heel iteration of their team. They began teasing friction since at least around WM, I believe. That's what I'm talking about.

You break them up when they're hot. That's exactly when you do it. Breaking them up after they're no longer hot is the worst time to do it because it's less meaningful and people don't care as much. WWE does this sort of booking way too often. They have a tendency to miss their shot at the perfect climax. And the WM thing is so arbitrary. The specific event the breakup occurs doesn't matter at all. 

On 7/16/2020 at 12:01 PM, PaperThinWalls said:

I'm referring to this current, heel iteration of their team. They began teasing friction since at least around WM, I believe. That's what I'm talking about.

You break them when they're hot. That's exactly when you do it. Breaking them up after they're no longer hot is worst time to do it because it's less meaningful and people don't care as much. WWE does this sort of booking way too often. They have a tendency to miss their shot at the perfect climax. And the WM thing is so arbitrary. The specific event the breakup occurs doesn't matter at all. 

If you do it right you can keep them hot through this run and then get them hotter when you break them up.

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived