#SpeakingOut

Guest Fight Me.

You know, I always say that the performers' personal lives shouldn't be your concern and you shouldn't factor it in your decision to like (or dislike) them as performers, but stuff like this... I just don't know man. This is something you just can't overlook, because their actions are directly ruining the lives of others. It doesn't make Riddle, for example, any better or any worse as a performer, but all I can say is that I used to absolutely love him and what he did (if true) is something that'll stick out like a sore thumb whenever I watch him from this point onwards. 

You just can't forgive and forget stuff like this. I really hope that he's innocent but if he's not, I'll be incredibly disappointed and just not able to view him the same. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I definitely think it biases. I’ll probably still end up being a huge fan of his unless I heard more and more stories or said something incredibly racist and offensive. 

But then again, I’m super pro black, but when watching old WCW footage I can’t help but love Hollywood Hogan’s antics. 

That’s why I said I hate twitter. It’s like, I’m glad these people are getting exposed, but as a FAN, I almost just wish I never knew. 

2 minutes ago, Crazy. said:

You know, I always say that the performers' personal lives shouldn't be your concern and you shouldn't factor it in your decision to like (or dislike) them as performers, but stuff like this... I just don't know man. This is something you just can't overlook, because their actions are directly ruining the lives of others. It doesn't make Riddle, for example, any better or any worse as a performer, but all I can say is that I used to absolutely love him and what he did (if true) is something that'll stick out like a sore thumb whenever I watch him from this point onwards. 

You just can't forgive and forget stuff like this. I really hope that he's innocent but if he's not, I'll be incredibly disappointed and just not able to view him the same. 

This is exactly how I feel about this. There's certain things that I just can't forgive. Rape, pedophilia, sexual assault, etc. I really like Riddle and hope this isn't true, but if it is... I really won't be able to watch him perform without feeling kinda gross.

The one instance ever of someone getting called out and it not shattering their image for me was Dan Harmon, because of how he handled it. He owned up to what he did (sexual harassment) on a live podcast, explained the situation in great detail (which absolutely painted him in the wrong) and issued a sincere apology. The woman who accused him also publicly forgave him following that. 

12 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

I’m curious as to if you’d guys would still be fans of wrestlers who wee accused of something. 

Because look at Michael Jackson. He was accused for DECADES (and got off) but I still personally feel like he’s guilty. However, although I’m a casual fan of his, playing his music doesn’t bother me and he’s still one of the GOATs. 

GsKor49.gif

If it’s proven of someone I’m a fan of then I’m no longer a fan. Cut Hogan off, I can do the same for others. I look at some of these wrestlers with the side eye anyway, but I still hold my judgement till something is proven

Hopefully nothing ever comes out about The Rock or I’m *censored*ing done.

5 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

I’m curious as to if you’d guys would still be fans of wrestlers who wee accused of something. 

Because look at Michael Jackson. He was accused for DECADES (and got off) but I still personally feel like he’s guilty. However, although I’m a casual fan of his, playing his music doesn’t bother me and he’s still one of the GOATs. 

the easy thing about MJ is, guilty or not, he’s dead. like enjoying his music at this point doesn’t hurt or help anybody. if i’m not mistaken, there was proof of extortion on the side of at least some of the accusers. like i know a not guilty verdict isn’t proof of innocence, but there was enough reasonable doubt there for people to accept it and still honor him and shit like that. it’s not like OJ where everyone knows he did it to the point where Twitter won’t even verify his account and no corporations wanna touch him. i personally think MJ was just strange and i think a lot of what he did was in the interest of living the childhood he never really got to have. i don’t think he did anything sexual but i also don’t think i would leave my kids with him but in the same way i wouldn’t want to leave my kid with any stranger.

to answer your question though: no. doesn’t mean i’ll hate em immediately but i’ll definitely stop supporting them until more info comes out and i 95% of the time am on the side of the accuser because these things are statistically true more often than not. for example, i’m still not claiming to be a fan of Velveteen until that shit gets for sure cleared up.

50 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

In cases of rape and sexual assault, no. It's just something I can't get past. If they were falsely accused and their innocence was irrefutable then even that would depend on how they handled the whole thing.

Replying to all of you: Yeah, I don’t know guys. I don’t know if any of you guys have watched Leaving Neverland but I was just appalled and disgusted at what I heard when watching that. In MY opinion, I don’t know how anyone can watch that and say he DIDN’T do anything. It’s been at least a year or two since I’ve watched it, but those arguments were way more compelling to me than the accusations made against wrestlers (Enzo, Riddle, Wolfgang, etc.)

But anyways, I don’t wanna get too off topic. Just wanted to bring up a comparison in how people will mostly side with the accuser if they’re a huge fan. Same can be said about the wrestlers. I just really don’t know what you do in a situation like this. Keep him off TV? Fire him ? Put him on TV & job him out ? What if the situation never clears up ? If this is all true, I just don’t know why we as men can’t keep our hands off of people or stop sending unsolicited messages. Hopefully this is a lesson going forward for everyone. 

13 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Sometimes yes, but in this case im glad...this stuff should have been exposed way before.
God knows how many people have to go through this stuff and worse in the last 40-50 years.

Yeah, i mean i think the guy is bonkers and unpredictable...but on the other hand he doesnt strike me as a person who would do such a thing and be really aggressive and so.
But maybe that is the trick, the ones that dont look like bad guys...are some of the worst.

To be fair, a lot of rapists (and I think even Ted Bundy) look like good people who wouldn't hurt others. It's how they get away with their crimes for so long as they're the last people anyone would suspect, and if called out, people would just say "oh but he was a nice guy to me, he helped me a lot!" It's why we can't really dismiss allegations even if the person's a philanthropist. 

11 hours ago, AONO. said:

idk, this story smells tbh. 

I can see how she is either lying or missed out on some important details. 

I mean, there might be various reasons why she may not have her story straight, but it wouldn't mean she was lying. Sometimes victims try so hard to block out what happened that they don't remember details so well, or they may have blanked out. 

9 hours ago, Oresama said:

In cases of rape and sexual assault, no. It's just something I can't get past. If they were falsely accused and their innocence was irrefutable then even that would depend on how they handled the whole thing.

Same. They made the choice to commit a horrific act, without regards for the other person. 

5 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Lmao they fixed it.

Didn't his accuser post a screenshot of his wife asking for a convo or something for some reason? 

Also, I don't know why people keep insisting on proof. Should victims say "hey, hold on a sec and let me get my phone out, I gotta record you raping me so I have proof!"? Even then, that won't do much in court given how women are treated. And of course most guys will deny having done anything wrong, they don't want to get punished. Also, anyone bring up Ashley Massaro's rape by a military personnel? That story was retweeted into my timeline, and it was more disturbing than I thought. I know that was a topic few months ago. 

that seems like a real easy defense and actual investigators could easily verify if texts are doctored or not. if she was gonna lie i’d like to think she would be smarter about it than that.

Archived