Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fight Me.

WWE COVID-19 Thread

Recommended Posts

There is reportedly a COVID-19 outbreak that is impacting WWE, AEW, and Impact Wrestling right now.

As noted earlier this afternoon, WWE Champion Drew McIntyre is now in quarantine after WWE announced his positive COVID-19 test. He has been pulled from tonight’s RAW main event with Randy Orton, but will likely be ready to face WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg at the Royal Rumble on January 31.

In an update, Fightful Select reports that McIntyre is not the only wrestler to test positive for the coronavirus coming out of the busy holiday season as there has been another string of positive COVID-19 tests to hit the pro wrestling world this week, impacting shows from WWE, AEW and Impact.

There’s no confirmation on specific changes as of this writing, but it was noted that several matches and appearances are being nixed due to the positive tests.

WWE sources noted that they expected positive tests from the holidays, and were surprised that things were not worse considering the circumstances. Impact is set to tape a few months worth of TV from this weekend into next week, while AEW filmed two weeks worth of Dynamite last week.

It was also said that there is confirmation on wrestlers scheduled for RAW, SmackDown, Dynamite and Impact being affected by the outbreak, but details have not been made public as of this writing, besides McIntyre.

It’s possible that the virus made the rounds as wrestlers working for all three promotions may have attended the same gatherings over the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.

Stay tuned for more on the latest COVID-19 outbreak in pro wrestling as we will keep you updated.

 

Folks we're defo having gatherings for Christmas and NYE. Cardona and Chelsea Green stay having stuff. 

Edited by Ziggy Vercetti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Vince McMahon Says WWE Can Produce A Live Event Within Six Weeks Of Letting Fans In

WWE reported their 2020 financial results today. In addition to generating their highest annual net income in 2020, the company also had their highest annual revenue in history.

We generated some pretty strong financial results in a challenging environment,” WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon stated during Thursday’s earnings call. “We need to produce content and we never missed a week. It shows the flexibility and the commitment to our audience, which we’ve always have.”

Outside of having a small amount of fans at the WWE Performance Center for various shows throughout the year, WWE has not run any events in front of fans since March of 2020. McMahon noted that while the challenges of the pandemic continue, they expect a gradual return to shows with fans.

Looking ahead to 2021, the challenges of a COVID environment, it continues on,” McMahon said. “We expect a gradual return to ticketed audiences. And that is something that is… OK, we’re going to have live events, but will the live events make any money? Are we going to have 20% [capacity], 30%, 40% to where you break even? I don’t think anyone has a handle on exactly when that’s going to happen.”

While the timeframe to return to ticketed events remains fluid, McMahon noted that they are ready when they are able to resume. He noted that they could turn around a live event in just six weeks when they’re able to.

We are ready,” stated McMahon. “We are the most flexible, adaptable media company in the world. We can turn something around in terms of live events in six weeks. It just speaks to our ability to innovate as a media company and continue in this current environment to create long term value.”

In their guidance that was issued on Thursday, WWE stated that they expect restrictions related to the spread of COVID-19, particularly related to the reduced capacity, postponement or cancellation of ticketed live events, to continue through “at least” the first half of 2021.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/02/vince-mcmahon-says-wwe-can-produce-a-live-event-in-six-weeks-when-they-can-resume/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire her ass for gods sake.
*censored*ing hell does that piss me off.

All this motivation talk etc from people like her, and then she can not even do the least amount of work and be a decent human that cares for others.
"Let her have some fun" my ass.

People die a miserable death every day, and she wants to party with ton of people...*Censored* you.
Grandparents dont see their Grandchildren, divorced fathers and mothers can not visit their own children, people had to say goodbye to family members through a *censored*ing phone...and she just wants to have some fun?
That makes me so incredible angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone brought up Bronson Reed's tweet about selfish & irresponsible co-workers. I guess Kacy was one of those he meant.
 

 

Edited by AegisAvenger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus, that would have been an awful timing...but the video is from april 2020.
Still, its like with Graves and so many others who spread all those motivation etc crap on the internet, while not practicing what they preach.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather they just combine the Thunderdome with cutouts and have as little fans and as far away from each other as possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the last calendar year WWE has greatly improved their safety protocols for COVID-19 following several minor outbreaks and a number of top stars contracting the virus, including former WWE champion Drew McIntyre. However, a new report confirms that Vince McMahon is extremely unhappy with members of his roster who were not taking the precautions seriously.

According to Fightful Select, McMahon was livid when he discovered that a certain talent attended an amusement park unmasked weeks back, an incident that occurred after the chairman had already spoken about taking more precautious to avoid COVID risks. The report states that he sent numerous messages, both directly and indirectly, to talent as a result of this particular incident, which was right around the time of the Super Bowl, as he did not want wrestlers attending parties without masks.

The publication also notes that certain staff members have had responsibilities reduced due to photos of them without masking emerging, a clear sign that WWE and Vince McMahon are taking these precautions very seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...