Nihon-1 Wrestling 2K19

Oz70NYC

At long last, after months of slacking off and a catastrophic HDD failure, I'm proud to present to everyone the "2K19" edition of Nihon-1 Wrestling. A bit of backstory, Nihon-1 (N1) has existed for 30 years. Created to rival View Japan Pro Wrestling (my brother Thr33x's Japanese based promotion), N1 was founded by combat sport and wrestling legend Makoto Tennouji following parting ways with VJPW. He envisioned a promotion where the individual talent and personality of the wrestlers could shine every bit as their combat prowess. In recent years, N1 has seen a massive growth in popularity with a mix of seasoned vets and young talent all vying for the top spot. Not beholden to just Japanese talent, wrestlers from all corners of the world compete in the N1 ring. From Europe, to Mexico, to the US and all points abroad...to call yourself the best in the world, means you have to prove yourself in Nihon-1 Wrestling.

And now, the wrestlers:

CICAXZl.jpg

Known as "The Serpent", Gorou Maeda is one of the most infamous figures in N1. A no-nonsense shoot style wrestler, he prefers grinding his opponents into with strikes, holds and slams to set up his "Serpent's Grasp". A treacherous man who only looks out for self, Maeda's presence always brings with it unease.

0ll39FG.jpg

The legendary "Samurai Sanada" is one of the greatest wrestlers Japan has ever produced. With a career spanning 25 years, Sanada has seen success in every aspect of the business. A multi-time champion in VJPW early in his career as well as in N1 since he joined the organization in 2008, Sanada is the definition of a "professional" wrestler. Rightly so, as he is the descendant of the famous Edo period Daimyo Yukimura Sanada, he carries his name and family heritage with pride and reverence. Though he's the later years of his career, he's till among the best technical wrestlers on the planet.

KQs9l1o.jpg

One of N1's newest wrestlers, Okabe is the disciple of retired legend Tetsuo "Tetsujin" Ishii. In the 2 years since going pro, Okabe has fast made a name for himself as one of N1's most fierce strikers. Known as the "Steel Soldier", his nickname is an homage to his mentor, as well as a nod to his time serving as a Japanese Naval officer before deciding to pursue a career in pro-wrestling. His "Steel Cutter" finisher hits as sudden and hard as an artillery strike.

IIOjnkT.jpg

The youngest wrestler on the N1 roster, Kazuya has been wrestling since he was 14. Now 21, he's already a veteran of the industry even despite the age difference he has with the rest of the field. Deceptively strong, it's his "Hyperflyte" style he's known for. A mix of techniques from Lucha Libre, Kick Boxing and Parkour he's molded into a unique wrestling style that's as entertaining to watch as it is effective in the ring.

AEX08MP.jpg

If ever there were a man in N1 who embodied pure murderous intent, It's Kenzo Hasashi. The man once known as The Rising Sun, Niro Oni and Izanagi as various points of his career has shed the masks, face paint and mystery to make his mission very clear...he aims to hurt people. A world class martial artist, with black belts in Shotokan Karate, Jujitsu and Judo, delivering pain is a specialty of his. While he may not be as mysterious as he was in past aliases, make no mistake...Hasashi is every bit, if not more dangerous as ever.

All 5 are on CC right now. Tags are OZDBX and N1. As this an alternate account I've made them on, I only have 5 upload slots to use. So the rest of the roster will be released over time. Also, the N1 Arena and Show are also uploaded with the same tags.

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, here's the 2nd N1 update.

PyahsLN.jpg

The "Flying Warrior". The "Flyboy Ace". No matter what the moniker, what can't be denied is the impact Ichiro Tennouji has made in N1. Grandson of the legendary Masato Tennouji, Ichiro has cut a path all his one in time in pro wrestling. Regarded one of the most complete talents in the industry, wherever the match goes, Ichiro is more then capable of pulling off the win.

llhxFRp.jpg

"The Prodigy" has fast become one of N1's top draws. Brash, confident and cocky...but with a work ethic beyond reproach, Kyo took the business like a duck to water. Only 4 years into his career, he's demonstrated skill that far surpasses his experience. Since aligning himself with Ichiro to form "Prodigal  Ace", his stock has only continued to climb.

PMffRV7.jpg

The reigning, defending N1 World Champion...Rokuro Inoue has undergone a dramatic change in attitude since the year's begun. A more aggressive, calculating competitor, this change has seen a fundamental shift in how he's perceived among fans. Some love the change, while others long for him to return to his more noble ways.  Now calling himself "The Conqueror" in defiance to "Samurai" Sanada and "Shogun" Honma...Rokuro has no intent on relenting.

inmwed9.jpg

One name says it all...RYUNOSUKE. The most flamboyant, arrogant, self-serving man in N1...and maybe the entire industry, since bursting on the scene 2 years ago, one thing is certain: He's looking out for himself and ONLY himself. With model like looks and an imposing 6'6" frame, he matches his ego with unparalleled physical skill coupled with a nasty mean streak. He's not above breaking rules or hearts to get what he wants.

T5r1zyN.png

The legendary "Shogun", and eldest member of the active N1 roster...Shingen Honma has seen and done it all. Regarded one of the most influential men in Japanese wrestling, he's held titles in multiple promotions and in recent years, formed his own academy as well as his own stable "The Shogunate", which comprises of members such as Sean Trueth, Tarou Hayashi  and Shohei Tenrai to name a few. 

All of the above are available right now. Tags: OZDBX and N1.

Thanks guys. My faves out of the bunch are Rokuro, Ryunosuke and one of  remaining for to be posted Shingo Uchiyama. Rokuro because of the character's evolution. He's sort of a hybrid of KENTA and Katsuyori Shibata in terms of look and fighting style. I'd always struggled with finding a definitive identity for him, but I think I nailed it this time.  As far as Ryunosuke goes, the preview pic doesn't do him justice. You have to download and use him to get the gravatas of what kind of character he is. Then there's Shingo, who started out being a "joke" character like Danshuko Dino...but I decided "what if I make him look like a fool, but he's actually a stone cold bad ass?" You'll see what I mean when he's posted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey @Oz70NYC , I'm just curious, I kept meaning to ask but kept forgetting. You mentioned Rokuro taking some inspiration from Shibata/KENTA. Sanada kind of reminds me of Misawa, Honma reminds me a bit of Kobashi. Just wondering who else is inspiration. Ichiro is reminiscent of Tanahashi it seems, too.

I love that many of the characters seem inspired by real wrestlers, yet still feel original. Just curious to what wrestlers inspired some of your creations

3 hours ago, Kontra16 said:

Hey @Oz70NYC , I'm just curious, I kept meaning to ask but kept forgetting. You mentioned Rokuro taking some inspiration from Shibata/KENTA. Sanada kind of reminds me of Misawa, Honma reminds me a bit of Kobashi. Just wondering who else is inspiration. Ichiro is reminiscent of Tanahashi it seems, too.

I love that many of the characters seem inspired by real wrestlers, yet still feel original. Just curious to what wrestlers inspired some of your creations

That's a loaded question. Almost ALL of my characters draw influence from real life wrestlers or characters from other media. Jayson Jones draws from Booker T, Shelton Benjamin and Jay Lethal. Dru Mercer draws from Brock Lesnar and Michael Elgin. Evan Slade draws from Jeff Hardy and a piece of digital media that was shared with me ages ago. I can go on.  Over the years many have taken on unique looks and evolved to the point where you'd either have to have seen the earliest versions of the character or reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally be paying attention to tell.

Archived