WWE without Cena

Crazy.

So it's been a couple of years since Cena became a part-time guy and I know many people (on this forum especially ?) longed for the day this would happen but it seems it all just quietly happened and no one made a big deal out of it. His last proper match (if you exclude the stuff with The Fiend) was before last year's Royal Rumble and his last singles match was, if I'm not wrong, more than two years ago against Triple H at the Greatest Royal Rumble. 

So I just wanna know... how have you guys been liking WWE without Cena? I know he isn't technically gone yet but... he basically is for large portions. Is the overall product better/more interesting to you or do you miss him and wish he was there for often? What would you change about his appearances, if anything, if you could? Any "dream matches" involving him and some of the guys on the roster now?

Guess I’ma go ahead and be predictable as hell. *Censored* yeah I miss him. I hate that he started having these fire ass matches towards the tail end of his career. His last bangers came during his Undertaker chase when he put Balor over and was in that 6 Man match at Fastlane and that Gauntlet match with Seth. I would like him in a Jericho role at this stage. Obviously he can’t appear as frequently as Jericho but the idea of just putting on bangers and putting people over (in feuds, I don’t mean losing every match). No more facing guys from his era, like stay the *Censored* away from Orton and Brock. I actually would like to see an NXT run for him, that’s where all my dream matches are, at least as far as WWE goes. 

Outside of WWE, I know it will never happen, but Cena in a G1? 

22EBE548-22F6-4688-B9F9-537B84251009.jpeg.a9bf8a028113419de8760829df21cab6.jpeg

I dont really watch WWae anymore but I'll just say how I feel. I certainly miss the Cena we have had in the last few years... but do I miss the old Cena? The spotlight hogging glory-hound cheesey but not yet self aware Cena? Absolutely not.

I feel like we could have gotten a better Cena or best out of Cena if WWE allowed more than one top guy. I haven't watched WWE in a long time, but when I did, I didn't miss him too much. I'm assuming now that he's a part-timer, he can put on better matches? 

17 hours ago, EJ! said:

Guess I’ma go ahead and be predictable as hell. *Censored* yeah I miss him. I hate that he started having these fire ass matches towards the tail end of his career. His last bangers came during his Undertaker chase when he put Balor over and was in that 6 Man match at Fastlane and that Gauntlet match with Seth. I would like him in a Jericho role at this stage. Obviously he can’t appear as frequently as Jericho but the idea of just putting on bangers and putting people over (in feuds, I don’t mean losing every match). No more facing guys from his era, like stay the *Censored* away from Orton and Brock. I actually would like to see an NXT run for him, that’s where all my dream matches are, at least as far as WWE goes. 

Outside of WWE, I know it will never happen, but Cena in a G1? 

22EBE548-22F6-4688-B9F9-537B84251009.jpeg.a9bf8a028113419de8760829df21cab6.jpeg

Big Match Johnny v Ishii

4 hours ago, EJ! said:

You see the vision. I can see Ibushi v Cena being NUTS

I can really see it being a ton of fun. 

Okada v Cena would be a *censored*ton of fun too.

Cena to me became enjoyable after his match with Punk, that seemed to be the change in his untouchable character which kinda worked really well that night to help that match be incredible. He seemed to be totally up for keeping up with Punk and had a ton of awesome matches with him after that and i really appreciated that he decided to put on his worker boots in a more worker centric era that was happening. 

I hate it but I also love it. I hate it because I’m his absence or move to part time, I’ve grown to appreciate him. So now I want him around a little more. But I also love it because it really has shifted the power a little I guess. Meaning, Cena is willing to come back and put people over even more than before. Just never thought we’d see the day of Cena not opening the show, and overcoming 10 on 1 handicaps and etc. *Censored* I love that guy. Such a legend. 

Not really even though WWE is worse without him. Since he been gone from a top spot on one brand is  Brock  just hold one of the World titles for the majority of the time. And the title just fade from memory until around  one of the 5 times Brock may defend in a year. And while I think WWE waited too long on Braun. I am happy we got Braun vs. Bray. And are getting Drew vs. Lashley with MVP.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived