RIP Hana Kimura

Wish someone was there to just give her a big ass hug. Of course that’s not a cure for depression but man she needed to feel that love that everybody clearly had for her. Maybe she’d still be here.

Apologies for invoking my feelings about wrestling fans when it wasn’t even them this time. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EJ! said:

Wish someone was there to just give her a big ass hug. Of course that’s not a cure for depression but man she needed to feel that love that everybody clearly had for her. Maybe she’d still be here.

Apologies for invoking my feelings about wrestling fans when it wasn’t even them this time. 

No need to apologize dude. Everybody on this forum knows you have a strong passion for Joshi. Heck, it's what inspired me to search out all of the Stardom and Ice Ribbon content that I could find.

What's really sad about all this is that she was only 22 years old. I just turned 28 in March, and to hear what she went through just tears you up. 

15 minutes ago, Motown Saint said:

No need to apologize dude. Everybody on this forum knows you have a strong passion for Joshi. Heck, it's what inspired me to search out all of the Stardom and Ice Ribbon content that I could find.

What's really sad about all this is that she was only 22 years old. I just turned 28 in March, and to hear what she went through just tears you up. 

Appreciate that man but you got the wrong guy. I haven’t gotten much of a joshi person at all, I just know Hana (and a few others) because she’s everywhere, there were GIFs, clips, and pics of her pretty much daily on Twitter. I would have to go out of my way to not know who she was. 

4 minutes ago, EJ! said:

Appreciate that man but you got the wrong guy. I haven’t gotten much of a joshi person at all, I just know Hana (and a few others) because she’s everywhere, there were GIFs, clips, and pics of her pretty much daily on Twitter. I would have to go out of my way to not know who she was. 

Oh yeah, it was E37. My bad, EJ.  

For everyone who cheered, befriended and loved Hana, I am sorry I could not protect her. I am sorry we now have this painful memory m.

If you are in pain, Hana will be be in pain, too. Please keep the cheerful memory of Hana in your hearts.

In order to best put what Hana would say into words, I’ll become stronger.

That's from her mother.

Hana Kimura Cause of Death Reportedly Determined

Hana Kimura, a pro wrestler for the Japanese promotion Stardom and cast member of the Netflix reality series Terrace House, was found dead on Saturday at the age of 22. The news of her passing first broke via Stardom's Twitter page, which announced, "Stardom fans,We are very sorry to report that our Hana Kimura has passed away. Please be respectful and allow some time for things to process, and keep your thoughts and prayers with her family and friends. We appreciate your support during this difficult time." Since then new details about her death have come out via Wrestling Observer Newsletter's Dave Meltzer.

According to Meltzer, Kimura died after ingesting hydrogen sulfide. He explained that concerns about her health first popped up when she posted a tweet early Saturday morning indicating that she was going to cause self-harm.

"She sent out the tweet... it was in the middle of the night and no one in Japan knew about it because they were all asleep and Kairi Sane, Kairi Hojo who was in Stardom, she, I guess was up and somehow saw it and called the office," he said on a recentWrestling Observer Radio. "She called Jungle Kyona and [she] went to the house but by the time Jungle Kyona got to the house, it was too late."

Sane confirmed that via a tweet (translate from Japanese).

"I was able to notice her tweet right away because it was afternoon in the United States by the time difference (midnight in Japan time) and I called Jungle Screamer and Rossi Ogawa with Io immediately," Sane said. "Kyona went with all her might. However... I didn't make it in time."

An incident on Terrace House and her subsequent reaction recently resulted in Kimura being on the receiving end of cyberbullying, which she indicated in her final tweets did serious damage to her mental health.

"Nearly 100 frank opinions every day. I couldn't deny that I was hurt," Kimura wrote. "I'm dead. Thank you for giving me a mother. It was a life I wanted to be loved. Thank you to everyone who supported me. I love it. I'm weak, I'm sorry. I don't want to be a human anymore. It was a life I wanted to be loved. Thank you everyone, I love you. Bye

3 hours ago, E#37 said:

One thing that is not correct in that artice is that it says she was  going to cause self harm. But the sad truth is, she was already way past that stage at that point. ?

I heard about the pictures, but I didn't see them. Like I said, I heard they were graphic. Plus, a friend of mine that I've known since Kindergarten almost committed suicide last week, and the news of her going through with it just tore me up.

16 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

Of course Sunny would make it about herself. 

Hide contents

"hAtErS gIvE mE pOwEr"  Give me a *censored*ing break.

RIP Hana Kimura. I didn't really know who she was, never seen any of her matches or anything.; but this is such a horrible and tragic situation.  People on the internet bullying other people into committing suicide is just disgusting.

Wow. Haven't followed the Japanese scene ever since the Elite peaced out but this is just a bummer. Didn't hear about her until now but why do people have to be so petty to cyber bully her over a Netflix reality show?!

I'm 27 years old, and i've been where she was in terms of state of mind. It breaks my heart that that feeling is what she felt when she took her own life, it is not a feeling I would wish on my worst enemy.

I know very little about japanese law, but I do hope those who started to attack her following the reality show incident are given some kind of punishment or at least something done.

Archived