Whose booking has surprised you?

AEW has been around for a while now, and I was wondering who has been booked different than what you guys might have imagined since the program started to air? THis can be for the better or for the worse.

My Picks:

Joey Janela - Seemed like they were super high on Joey, and he was a big feature of all the pre-TV shows. Then after his feud with Moxley the dude just sorta vanished.

Jimmy Havoc - Like Janela, he seemed like a guy the company was really big on. Considering he won that extreme triple threat with Darby and Janela, and was even in a number one contenders match for the AEW title, I thought he would be a big name going forward. Instead he's a regular of AEW Dark.

PAC - Simply put, I thought PAC would be booked as a much bigger threat than he has been. His booking isn't completely bad, but he's not nearly as protected as I thought he might be, and seems his biggest moments were putting over Hangman and Omega.

Best Friends - I expected them to be a low tier, fun team. Instead they're consistently near the top of the rankings and are plausible future champions. Honestly, I'm loving it.

Going through the roster page now...

Dark Order - Between their debut and then laying out the Young Bucks (I think the whole Elite even if I recall?), you'd think they would put the titles on them by any means necessary.

Jurassic Express - One of the most over acts in the early days on AEW. Then sadly Luchasaurus got injured and that kinda killed their momentum for a bit. Even then, you'd think Jungle Boy would've found some success on his own if they had introduced the TNT title from the beginning. Perhaps eventually.

Kenny Omega - Yeah, he's tag champ right now and sometimes he gets to show up with the AAA Mega Championship...but who would've thought Kenny wouldn't be one of the first AEW World Champions within a year or so? Crazy to me.

The Young Bucks - Same with Kenny. Crazy to me they haven't been the tag champs yet. I know they don't wanna pull a Jeff Jarrett and always go over...but I'm not asking for multiple, long reigns here lol

Proud and Powerful - Again, going after the Young Bucks first, I was hoping for bigger things for them.

PAC - I get not everyone could be champion right away, especially in the first year. But I don't think PAC has even gotten a fair shot at the world title yet. Big win over Kenny Omega at the beginning, but not much after that. And now with the travel ban, who knows when we'll see him again.

Lucha Bros - Starting to sound like a broken record here, but yeah, these guys were the Young Bucks' first feud in AEW. I mean they were able to win the AAA tag titles from them, but I think they could've done more with them after that. In my opinion, these guys should've been the first AEW tag champs before SCU.

Shawn Spears - Seems like a common thing for everybody that got to tangle with The Elite early on in AEW. The feud with Cody was a one and done, nothing really big after that. Like Jungle Boy, I think he would've been a potential TNT Champion if they had introduced the title earlier.

And I agree with you on Joey Janela too, thought he would've been bigger by now and not as rarely used as he is.

Makes sense, probably why the Havoc-Luther "feud" took place on Dark. I put feud in quotations like that cause they just kinda teased months back (I think the Nightmare Collective may have even been a thing still), forgot about it and they finally had a deathmatch just last week lmao

Archived