Does anyone play this?

Ernez

I can’t get into wrestling games where you have to grapple before you do almost anything. FirePro was an exception and I even got bored with that. We gotta face it...ever since WWE games borrowed Midway’s concept of seamless move initiation, it’s been the best gameplay out there. For example....the example I used back when I first started bringing it up....you shouldn’t have to grapple before doing an arm drag; you should already be going into the animation and are hopefully close enough to the opponent to complete the armdrag successfully. It’s like people are nostalgic for a style of gameplay that just won’t fly nowadays. This is why I’m hoping Virtual Basement isn’t another one of those.

51 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I can’t get into wrestling games where you have to grapple before you do almost anything. FirePro was an exception and I even got bored with that. We gotta face it...ever since WWE games borrowed Midway’s concept of seamless move initiation, it’s been the best gameplay out there. For example....the example I used back when I first started bringing it up....you shouldn’t have to grapple before doing an arm drag; you should already be going into the animation and are hopefully close enough to the opponent to complete the armdrag successfully. It’s like people are nostalgic for a style of gameplay that just won’t fly nowadays. This is why I’m hoping Virtual Basement isn’t another one of those.

This stuff is why I keep getting worried when these various developers site various old games that they want to be like. Its like, guys, those games were fun, but we've made vast improvements since those days for a reason.

The cool About this game is that it includes a free creation tool with which you can create your own:

- wrestlers

- arenas

The creation tool can be downloaded and used for free without even purchasing the game so give it a try. :)

They are making free updates to increase the Content and intergender Wrestling is possible in it too.

They just added the tag Team mode last week and the tag moves look good in my opinion!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1072100/CHIKARA_Action_Arcade_Wrestling/

It is on sale for 7,49$ at the Moment and in Overall it doesn't cost much even if you would buy it in full Price.

Asuka.png

Asuka goes for the German Suplex against Chikaras Whisper! :)

On 5/21/2020 at 4:15 AM, Saturi said:

The cool About this game is that it includes a free creation tool with which you can create your own:

- wrestlers

- arenas

The creation tool can even downloaded and used for free without even purchasing the game so give it a try. :)

They are making free updates to increase the Content and intergender Wrestling is possible in it too.

They just added the tag Team mode last week and the tag moves look good in my opinion!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1072100/CHIKARA_Action_Arcade_Wrestling/

It is on sale for 7,49$ at the Moment and in Overall it doesn't cost match even if you would buy it in full Price.

Asuka.png

Asuka goes for the German Suplex against Chikaras Whisper! :)

Can you use it on mobile or desktop 

On 5/23/2020 at 11:20 PM, TheBLACKESTManOnEarth said:

Can you use it on mobile or desktop 

I have it on my Desktop pc. Not sure if you can use it on mobile too. :)

There are templates though with which you can load a whole set of textures of real life Wrestlers so you can have them in the game.

There are a lot to download on the males Department. The women lack a bit but so far I was able to download Asuka, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Luna Vachon and Alexa Bliss.

• 5 weeks later...

I have played it, and no, it's not a substitute for fire pro, but it is goofy fun, I wish they leaned into the goofiness a bit more in fact. It would make it a must play. As for now , I don't really play anymore, I kinda see this as a "Wow that was pretty good, I hope they do a sequel , because if they take what works in this game [Crazy moves, A more creator friendly creation suite] and add to it with less stiffness and more over the top antics, It would be great.

Archived