Full Launch Roster!

ThreeG

Taken from their Twitter account. (@RetrosoftStudio)

Launch roster is set:

?? Hawk
?? @RWAnimal
?? @THETOMMYDREAMER
?? @RealNickAldis
?? @ColtCabana
?? @TheRealMorrison
?? @TheMattCardona
?? @myers_wrestling
?? @BlueMeanieBWO 
?? @bWoStevie
?? Nova
?? @NikitaKoloff1
?? @RealJeffCobb
?? @zacksabrejr
?? @JPWARHORSE
?? @AUSTINIDOLLIVE

IMG_20200515_154605.jpg

10 minutes ago, Monarch98 said:

Still less random than some of the recent WWE 2K games.

Disagree. There is a common theme there, being based around modern day WWE at the time with a dose of legends thrown in. I fail to see how Brian Myers, Nikita Koloff and the bWo all fit together.

On another note though I hope we can edit the names of the guys in there. I wanna change Nick Aldis to Mangus, Big Stevie Cool to Steven Richards, and a couple others.

On 5/15/2020 at 8:24 PM, King RyderFan said:

Disagree. There is a common theme there, being based around modern day WWE at the time with a dose of legends thrown in. I fail to see how Brian Myers, Nikita Koloff and the bWo all fit together.

On another note though I hope we can edit the names of the guys in there. I wanna change Nick Aldis to Mangus, Big Stevie Cool to Steven Richards, and a couple others.

Yeah. Only way you can do that in the 2k games is to make an alt Attire, set it as a separate slot and change the name.

Edit: read the names list at the top and read nova and got hyped but it's Hollywood Nova. ?

All things considered, it's hard (or foolish) to fault the devs for working with who they can get. WWE/2K just has so many names locked down that Retrosoft isn't left with a lot of options for starpower.  & I don't think this game would've gotten the attention & hype it has if it went for off-brand Hogan & Warrior knock-offs instead. Supposedly they got more guys lined up for future DLC, so maybe the roster will look a lot better in the long run.

EDIT: A FAQ on the roster has been posted:

https://twitter.com/RetrosoftStudio/status/1262759920337743874

Cheers Mike for bringing the FAQ to everyone’s attention; 

really interesting to see they are thinking of bringing in a creation suite as well as female wrestlers - it’s a real stake in the heart when they have so many problems with the ‘E holding the reigns for everyone, but then it makes things interesting to start showcasing unknown talent from the indies and legends from the past. 

On 5/31/2020 at 10:00 PM, Ernez said:

I'm excited for this as I am any wrestling game, but I'm curious what the replayablity will be. 

Obviously depends on how fun it is to begin with. It does have a number of match types & game modes (rumble, cage, 8-man tag, story, arcade, etc.) & isn't limited to the fewer options Wrestlefest had.

• 4 weeks later...

I am assuming there will be no creation suite for this game? if not, it's a big hurdle to get over , as it would be for ANY wrestling game now a days, it's just a huge community that can only add to the experience , The bar has just been set to high by the 2k series and it's a must for me in wrestling games. the replay ability is just 1000% more with it. 

Archived