WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

20 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Did you watch the show? He's still heel. He lured Riddle into a sneak-attack by Corbin and in doing so, he showed he's even more of a scumbag than we had thought. He's probably going back to Chad Gable, too, because Corbin keeps calling him Chad. This Corbin/Gable/Riddle storyline has been booked well so far.

Tbh no, I didn't watch it, but it still makes 0 sense to me that Chad is allying with the one guy who made fun of his size storyline wise, when he debuted as Shorty G.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, T-Hell said:

Tbh no, I didn't watch it, but it still makes 0 sense to me that Chad is allying with the one guy who made fun of his size storyline wise, when he debuted as Shorty G.

Oh man, don't make me go on a rant again about people who talk definitively about something they haven't seen. lol

The story is Corbin is a manipulative son of a bitch who preyed on this guy's self-esteem but through some reinterpretation of history (Corbin claiming he was a motivator), good ol' sweet-talk, and alluring promises of money and saving Gable from obscurity, he was able to get Gable to help him out. It's perverse but plausible because this kind of manipulative behavior happens all the time in real life. If Gable had randomly sided with Corbin with little to zero explanation that would be a problem but that ain't the case here. WWE actually spent time to tell a story here and what they've done so far has been surprisingly convincing.

4 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Oh man, don't make me go on a rant again about people who talk definitively about something they haven't seen. lol

The story is Corbin is a manipulative son of a bitch who preyed on this guy's self-esteem but through some reinterpretation of history (Corbin claiming he was a motivator), good ol' sweet-talk, and alluring promises of money and saving Gable from obscurity, he was able to get Gable to help him out. It's perverse but plausible because this kind of manipulative behavior happens all the time in real life. If Gable had randomly sided with Corbin with little to zero explanation that would be a problem but that ain't the case here. WWE actually spent time to tell a story here and what they've done so far has been surprisingly convincing.

Lol, that seems ok then. I usually don't trust them anymore to make logic storylines and character development so I just took it as another case of "we have no clue what to do with him". Thanks for explaining.

1 hour ago, snakebiteSB said:

I wonder if Fox pumped money into Thunderdome? Seems weird why they wouldn't unveil it at SummerSlam. Unless it's a dry run to iron out the kinks before SummerSlam. 

Probably bc Raw was already taped. NXT is done at Full Sail. So it’s logical that Smackdown would be the first episode in the arena.

I'm sorry but what the *Censored* was Shawn doing last night? He basically no-sold the RKO & Punt. Dude was getting back to his feet before the show went off the air. Even Drew stayed down longer from just 1 RKO. To me, that was poor work by Shawn and it made Orton look weak. 

Probably over thinking it, but man I didnt enjoy the finish to that segment.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived