WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

In the wwe for sure.
But there was a time when Lower card titles were treated as more important that the actual big world title.
Lower card titles are cool and beef up a show, afterall the lower and midcard is what is supposed to carry a show to the main event...but the wwe has long ago given up on any structure or even the idea that win/loses and titles have any value.

Having said that...raw sucked, god damn did it suck.
A show were Eva Marie is part of and where this dumbass isnt even the worst part of the show...is pretty bad.

When and what promotion?

3 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

When and what promotion?

I mean wasnt the Ic Title in the WWF New Generation Era treated as more important than the World title?
Or might just have been me that felt like stuff like the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title and so on had more value than the big titles.

51 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

I mean wasnt the Ic Title in the WWF New Generation Era treated as more important than the World title?
Or might just have been me that felt like stuff like the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title and so on had more value than the big titles.

No, the World was always the most important belt they had. And the IC title is a mid card title, which I’m fine with. It’s titles like the 24/7, Hardcore, TV, and European which I think are useless.

The IWGP Junior Heavyweight title is a weight division title and as long they abide to a weight limit, I have no problem with it since it’s its own thing like a tag division title. As for it being more important than the World title? Back when I watched NJPW, it certainly wasn’t.

55 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

British Bulldog was the inaugural champ and for the most part it was just there as decoration. Not really a big deal. Triple H got it from HBK who intentionally lost to him which exemplifies my point. lol

Lower card  belt on their world champion definitely gave it a huge boost

6 minutes ago, X-zero said:

I don't remember in the WWE when it was but the X-division in I believe 2007-2008ish was more important then the World title in TNA.

He's talking about lower card titles, not midcard titles. Only times I've considered X-Division lower card was when they tried pushing the TV title or the Grand title, but the X-Division has outlived both of those.

46 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

He's talking about lower card titles, not midcard titles. Only times I've considered X-Division lower card was when they tried pushing the TV title or the Grand title, but the X-Division has outlived both of those.

But can you have a mid anything without having atleast three of something? Since TNA only had two singles titles at the time the X-division would be the lower card title by default.

1 hour ago, X-zero said:

But can you have a mid anything without having atleast three of something? Since TNA only had two singles titles at the time the X-division would be the lower card title by default.

No, the mid-card refers to the talent in the middle of the card. That’s where the name comes from. You don’t need three titles to make the secondary title the mid-card title.

would take that with a grain of salt tbh. being fresh off Independence Day weekend *may* have had an effect as well as hockey(?) and baseball having high stake games. Raw wasn’t exceptionally worse than it usually is.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived