WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit:pwinsider

Slapjack (Shane Thorne) has also been shifted to the Smackdown brand, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

There is no word as to when he will debut or whether he will maintain his Retribution persona, but he will be part of the Smackdown brand going forward.

Note: John Pollock of POSTWrestling.com first reported the move for Slapjack.

not down for Murphy to be in another team but him and Thorne vs anybody is likely a MOTN candidate every time. Murphy is an upgrade from Nick Miller and Shane Thorne is an upgrade from Wesley Blake.

Just put him back with Brendan Vink and reunite TMDK. Wasn't Vince high on him? They had the weirdest callup ever. They beat Ricochet & Cedric and then nothing. MVP was their mouthpiece for a week before forming the Hurt Business. Then he just got sent back down to NXT and hasn't been seen again lol

Vince was [reportedly] high on a number of people, including at least one person who was released last Thursday.

I would definitely prefer a TMDK reunion over putting Thorne with Murphy simply because they're both Aussies. Hasn't Vink got a new ring name now though-- Tony Modra, I think?

On Monday's edition of The Pat McAfee Show, new SmackDown commentator Pat McAfee assessed his first performance as a member of the show's commentary team

"do not think I was anywhere near where I can get to as a commentator for professional wrestling. I used a lot of the words a couple times over and over. I was scared to have too much bass in my voice 'cause I didn’t want people to think I was trying to dominate the call or anything like that, but sometimes I sounded a little bit too soft.

The standing -- natural instinct was for me to stand when something happened. I guess a lot of people didn't enjoy that. I appreciate that because that was potentially something that could get me into some sh*t. A lot of people say like 'oh, you need to stay so we can.' The clip of us coming back to the two shot of me standing [and] him sitting and me kind of being caught in a situation where I’m like, ‘Well I don’t know if I should stand or sit right now.' That was one of those kind of ad-libbed moments that pop up that is incredible.

I had a blast. I think I stunk, but I have a chance to get better. I enjoyed it. I'm very thankful to all the people at the WWE and to anybody that happened to tune in."

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/pat-mcafee-critiques-wwe-smackdown-commentary-debut-339121

1 minute ago, Generations said:

I honestly like annoying little shit Riddle a lot more than I liked his previous persona. Lol

If Vince thought Ambrose was an idiot, I knew he was gonna have a field day with Riddle. I wish he was more serious but he’s asking for it with the whole “Bro” gimmick.

Just now, A N T I - said:

If Vince thought Ambrose was an idiot, I knew he was gonna have a field day with Riddle. I wish he was more serious but he’s asking for it with the whole “Bro” gimmick.

Ambrose was apparently Vince's favorite superstar when he was there. I could see it tbh, especially with how hard they tried to get him to stay. Even throwing a network special for his last match and apparently even trying to get The Shield to convince him on his last day lol

3 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Ambrose was apparently Vince's favorite superstar when he was there. I could see it tbh, especially with how hard they tried to get him to stay. Even throwing a network special for his last match and apparently even trying to get The Shield to convince him on his last day lol

Ambrose didn’t seem to feel that way. He thought he was booked to look like an idiot just because he said pooper scooper once. Lol

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived