WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Bray Wyatt? He's good in the ring and has a decent look for a big boy but he ain't a promo master. Fiend was only cool for about 2 weeks.

The fun house is sh*t, Mr. Rogers Bray is stupid and Fiend related stuff has been trash for months besides his look

lol if nothing else, Bray Wyatt is definitely a “promo master”. everything else is debatable but not that

13 minutes ago, EJ! said:

lol if nothing else, Bray Wyatt is definitely a “promo master”. everything else is debatable but not that

He has charisma and could sound impressive but his nonsensical bs and ramblings ain't as top quality. Most of his pre-fiend promos and segments weren't all that great.

Mr. Rogers Bray is also blah but at least better I guess. I am a fan of his and like him but overall  he's overrated and especially the praise he gets on here 

7 hours ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Bray Wyatt? He's good in the ring and has a decent look for a big boy but he ain't a promo master. Fiend was only cool for about 2 weeks.

The fun house is sh*t, Mr. Rogers Bray is stupid and Fiend related stuff has been trash for months besides his look

He’s not good in the ring.

16 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

He’s not good in the ring.

eh, tbh when he is allowed to have normal matches, he actually is, nothing special but he is good. And when his matches aren't riddled with crappy gimmick stuff (worms and shit like that lol). 

had no idea Retribution actually disbanded lol

guess they will revert back to normal now with MVP, or continue to do some shitty mercenary gimmick? Dijak didn't deserve this shit. 

So... Alexa goes on her own, cool. whatever actually. But Bray is just turning over a new leaf and doesn't care about Orton? lmao what idiots. They really just think they can do whatever with him in terms of characters and booking and how he will still do the work to sell the merch and gain the interest of his fans... does that speak a certain volume of Bray then? possibly. 

I was a huge Bray fan when he first moved from NXT to WWE. He was on some real shit back then...and he was a perfect character, IMO. But they went and made him supernatural for whatever reason, and that ruined the kind of "real world mystique" that he had about him. He started as a guy who was unsettling because he was saying some things that made perfect sense...and you could see his power to influence people for real. I've always said "strange truths are more interesting than strange fictions"...and that really sums up my disinterest in modern Bray, and the entire Fiend thing. 

I mean...take Bliss as an example. If you had Bliss with the old school Bray, and the "Wyatt Family"...that would seem like so much more of a dramatic and pressing issue. You would have people genuinely worried about her. She would be brainwashed, and you would have no way of knowing how she is treated, abused, whatever. It would be high drama every time she was around, because it's something that's threaded to reality. Even if she seems fine...you'd be like "man...is she really okay?" But...with the whole fiend thing, there's none of that...because it's so over the top. You're essentially just watching this fantasy movie and saying "yeah...whatever".

I agree on the take about The Fiend and Alexa. Not sure if it's the right word, but that would probably be too "edgy" for their programming, I guess. 

I mean, when you look at it, it kinda started like that, in that grey area. You didn't know if she was their willingly or not, influnenced, abused, whatever... I can see that being the idea about it, but writters either had no interest in that, or had no clue how to develop it. Probably both. 

And what you said in the first paragraph too... for some reason, I haven't seen something that would make me turn off of Bray as his fan. In the sense that... in every feud, and story, you can see that he is trying something and just never looks like he doesn't give a shit. Idk, but I always admired his dedication, no matter how much of shit booking he had to endure. He just comes back with another tweak, or in The Fiends case a complete do over, and again gives his everything. 

And again about the Orton thing... seeing how they made a triple threat for #1 contender, it def seemed like a hindsight decision just to protect Orton so they could have another main eventer in the game. But why they couldn't have had a longer match than their entrances is just beyond me. The whole thing was ridiculous. 

given the last Firefly Funhouse... Bray is probably going face... but where exactly, God knows.

2 minutes ago, Luchador LXXXV said:

Anybody know when is the cut off for ppvs/shows in wwe games?

Usually Mania time. Sometimes the PPV after seems to be the most updated arena, but any debuts after Mania seem to end up being DLC.

I hope MVP do these boys a solid and unmasks Dio and Dijakovic. Mia appeared unmasked on stage at Mania but these dudes were still masked in the Andre Battle Royal. Why lol

7 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

Reigns made sure to put Edge's shoulders on the mat so this argument wouldn't happen and yet lmao

Yup. There is no argument to be made.

I'm all about having a rematch...even one where Edge or Bryan wins the belt. BUT...there is no argument to be made against the validity of the pin at Mania. Reigns pinned two guys at the same time...and that's all there is to it. Trying to make something else out of it reeks of desperation. 

Well it makes sense for someone like Edge to try to make something out of that and D-Bry wanting a fair title shot but it shouldn't be something Adam Pearce or wwe on social media should be bringing up.

Just have Adam Pearce announce Daniel Bryan vs Edge on Smackdown for a title shot at Backlash to have a fair match this time and that's it 

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived