WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

19 minutes ago, Counting Lights said:

No. Never again.

What you mean? Lashley-Lesnar is legit one of the last WWE dream matches left lol And something Lashley's wanted for years.

But I hope not this Mania, it's kind of too soon. Maybe at SummerSlam or Mania next year, but definitely at a big stage.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

What you mean? Lashley-Lesnar is legit one of the last WWE dream matches left lol And something Lashley's wanted for years.

But I hope not this Mania, it's kind of too soon. Maybe at SummerSlam or Mania next year, but definitely at a big stage.

It's gonna be personal preference, but I never want to see Lesnar in a wrestling ring again. Brock (or rather, his booking) is the reason I went from a weekly watcher to a much, much more casual fan (and rarely a WWE watcher at that). His booking is the ultimate "burnout" for me as a fan. "Dream Match" and "Brock Lesnar" don't mix for me, and they haven't since maybe 2014.

I ended up watching this week and actually liked what Lashley was doing (other than pacing around during the countout like a dumbass), so what would be the point of Brock coming in to suplex him a bunch of times and then have Lashley hit a finisher or two to win? Whatever Lashley envisions, I doubt the match would actually be anything more than your standard Brock 5 minuter.

So happy for Lashley. THB has been the best part of RAW for months and he sure as hell deserved to win the big one. I'm not sure I'm sold on Lashley/McIntyre for 'Mania though (if that is the plan).

As is being pointed out all over social media, Lashley/Lesnar would be great. Or at least I hope it is. I can't stand Lesnar but that's one match I want to see him have. Don't care if he pisses off forever after that. 

Also, sucks for Miz but he'll get his chance again soon. Was always supposed to be a transitional champion. Never needed the title because he's consistently an entertaining part of the show without it and I'm looking forward to what he does next. 

Bobby just finally won the title just to lose it in a month against Drew. It's so sad when they clearly give you the title as a temporary holder for storyline's sake instead of true recognition. Poor dude :lol: 

Probably, but they'll never take that win away from him. He'll forever be in the record books as WWE world champion. Plus, they'd be stupid not to give him another reign in the future.

11 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

No. Never again.

I don’t know how people feel about Brock in general, but I like him. He’s a rare blend of actual star power and being able to legitimize the belt. Then again I love Charlotte too. Anytime she holds the women’s title, it feels like an actual star is holding it. That is with no disrespect to Asuka, but the way they’ve booked Asuka on the main roster deserves its own Dark Side of the Ring episode. Terrible. Ironically Charlotte is part of the reason and I still don’t hate her. Lol

People are booked to be dominant for a reason; the reason usually being that they are that damn good. I never mind seeing Brock on top because he makes the belt, the belt doesn’t work overtime trying to make him, if that makes sense. It would be another thing if they booked Brock to run through Lashley in a matter of minutes. I want Brock to atleast earn the money they’re paying him and Lashley, on paper, is a guy he should have an amazing “big man match” with.

13 hours ago, A N T I - said:

I don’t know how people feel about Brock in general, but I like him. He’s a rare blend of actual star power and being able to legitimize the belt. Then again I love Charlotte too. Anytime she holds the women’s title, it feels like an actual star is holding it. That is with no disrespect to Asuka, but the way they’ve booked Asuka on the main roster deserves its own Dark Side of the Ring episode. Terrible. Ironically Charlotte is part of the reason and I still don’t hate her. Lol

People are booked to be dominant for a reason; the reason usually being that they are that damn good. I never mind seeing Brock on top because he makes the belt, the belt doesn’t work overtime trying to make him, if that makes sense. It would be another thing if they booked Brock to run through Lashley in a matter of minutes. I want Brock to atleast earn the money they’re paying him and Lashley, on paper, is a guy he should have an amazing “big man match” with.

See, I like a dominant champion, but I don't like when that dominant champion leaves other people credibility shattered in their wake. McIntyre is a dominant champion I can get behind. Consistently solid matches and making people look good even when they go down, while still being a very believably strong champion. Roman Reigns right now is awesome as well.

Brock makes most people look like a joke after he's done with them. Braun Strowman was on fire before he faced Brock, but after their feud it seemed everyone cooled off on the guy. The people who old their own, like AJ and Bryan, walk away relatively ok but still look like they're completely out of their depth when part of their presentation is literally being some of the best in the world. Also most of his matches are total ass. If I never have to see another "finishers only match", it'll be too soon. (although I get that's what he's told to do, not what he's actually capable of. 2002-3 Brock was great). 

I'll tack on, I liked Brock's first reign. When he squashed Cena, that was crazy. Nobody expected it, it was different, and I actually enjoyed myself all the way until the Rollins cash in. But then that reign became the status quo for the next few years. No matter what happened, the title always went back to Brock for another "lemme sqush everyone real quick then leave" reign. I don't particularly care if he adds legitimacy to my glorified sporty soap opera either, it just isn't fun to watch.

With Charlotte, she's a great talent, but her entire career is spent taking other peoples spotlight away. Unless your name is Becky Lynch or Bayley, if you feud with Charlotte, your momentum is about to stop.

It's impossible for me not to have a distaste for people who don't build the entire wrestling environment around them, but instead tear it down to boost their own star status. It's just a new take on the Super Cena years of 06-12 or the Triple H reign of terror before that. It's boring and benefits very few people in the long run.

Oh...Chad Gable still got the Shorty G theme and trons (just with Gable's name). I was hoping he was going back to the American Alpha stuff lol

How Gable training Otis like a beast but he can't pick up wins himself? ???

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived