WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

29 minutes ago, Generations said:

I was on board with the Apollo character until he started forcing an accent.

When he said "let me speak to you as my ancestors would", I thought he was about to speak in a native tongue...not just put on a debatably racist accent. Lol.

Nigerian here, pretty accurate accent. he may have been rattled a bit by doing it live on a hot mic but it was mostly authentic.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really doubt the accuracy of the accent. I just mean...is that a natural accent that he has been intentionally burying? Or is he just doing that accent for the angle? He was born in the US...so he probably doesn't have that accent for real. Even if his family has that accent, it seems a bit questionable to force an accent that you don't actually have. I guess it doesn't really matter to me. That's his business. I'm just predisposed to cringe when people suddenly pull an accent. Likewise, I've always hated Lana's accent. She actually grew up in Latvia...but, that doesn't make the accent any less cringy...because you know it's something she's forcing. 

Via Talking Smack, Roman Reigns has granted Daniel Bryan a rematch against Jey Uso for another shot at him at Fastlane.

I also thought Bryan was challenging Roman to a steel cage match, but turns out it's for the match with Jey. :lol:

Nakamura's booking is making me sick man. They're utterly directionless with him. So, so weird considering how they booked him to win that Gauntlet before the Rumble.

Heel Otis is a breath of fresh air. Long may it continue.

Was there Fast Lane last year too? Ngl, it's pretty needless. All it's doing is taking away from what could be quality build-ups for 'Mania feuds. Roman/Edge is the 'Mania main event and I want them to focus on and build that up every week, not a pointless, predictable match between Reigns and Bryan at a filler PPV. Same for other feuds. I seriously hope this Rollins/Cesaro thing lasts till 'Mania and isn't a Fast Lane thing because it deserves better.

1 hour ago, Generations said:

I don't really doubt the accuracy of the accent. I just mean...is that a natural accent that he has been intentionally burying? Or is he just doing that accent for the angle? He was born in the US...so he probably doesn't have that accent for real. Even if his family has that accent, it seems a bit questionable to force an accent that you don't actually have. I guess it doesn't really matter to me. That's his business. I'm just predisposed to cringe when people suddenly pull an accent. Likewise, I've always hated Lana's accent. She actually grew up in Latvia...but, that doesn't make the accent any less cringy...because you know it's something she's forcing. 

difference was Lana was actually being Russian full stop. Crews said himself he was “African American” which he is but he was just doing an impression of his granddad as he was quoting him.

21 hours ago, EJ! said:

difference was Lana was actually being Russian full stop. Crews said himself he was “African American” which he is but he was just doing an impression of his granddad as he was quoting him.

Guess it depends on whether he keeps doing it, or if it was a one-time thing. I kinda thought he was saying "this is who I am now". 

3 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

RAW copying SD's nameplate fun fact

So the title match ain't even the main event, thanks for letting us know Miz is retaining

I mean it might be cause I think the second hour usually does the best ratings. I think some casuals will forever think Raw starts at that time lol

But yeah, high chance of shenanigans.

That's true, they probably have a big chip on their shoulders since they didn't get a PPV match for some odd reason.

Braun & ??? vs. The Hurt Business? NICHOLAS.

McIntyre doesn't do an Alabama Slam...he does an INVERTED Alabama Slam.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived