WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watch AEW weekly, because I have a group of friends who all watch it and chat about it as it happens. I haven't watched Raw or SD in a really long time.

I popped into Raw the past week, just to give it a fair shot...but, I couldn't do it. It's a shame...because, there are a lot of concepts that I like in WWE right now. Conceptually, the product should be more appealing to me than it is. We have Keith Lee, Gulak, and Daniel Bryan all being featured regularly. Mustafa Ali push. We have AJ Styles with a badass bodyguard. Reigns is finally a heel. Drew has had a solid reign as champion. Big E has a singles push. All of these are things that I would like to "be here" for...but, I just can't. It's like...everything we've wanted as fans is finally happening...but the timing couldn't be worse, and I just don't care.

I think Raw/Smackdown need fans the most. Vince may say that they are a television product and all the production values would say that but I truly believe Vince and company are still struggling on booking a show without fans. Everything just seems off. Now I’m not saying fans will fix all of the problems but I think Vince will have a better gauge and at least try to go with the audience or go against them but either way it makes him try. Everything on Raw and Smackdown feels like it’s just going through the motions.

I wonder what else they expect whenever they tweet out shit like "who's the most underrated/underused/underappreciated?" Like someone's gonna say Randy Orton or some shit lmao

On 1/5/2021 at 2:24 PM, Generations said:

Don't hold back on WWE. There have been countless examples of other wrestling promotions doing great work during the pandemic.

This is a WWE problem, not a pandemic problem. Let them have it. 

NJPW, AEW, and even Impact have all had successful storylines, and built some worthwhile pushes during the pandemic. MLW returned against all odds. Indy promotions like GCW and ICW:NHB have put on some of their best shows and kept their fans safe in the process. WWE is full of excuses on a good day...but they know exactly what they're doing. If they wanted to do things differently, they could and would. It's not their intention to do so. Not during the pandemic, and not when things go back to normal.

Have to agree with you Gen. NJPW, AEW AND Impact have indeed have been thriving and having amazing storylines. At least their’s have continuity. Pandemic or not I feel I’d still be saying this. Indy’s have also been killing it you’re 100% right. Yet once again I find myself asking why I even bother with WWE? Aside from the people I enjoy, Raw remains trash despite being the first flagship. It’s *censored*ing sad. 

I hope we don't get all of the old Nakamura right away. Wait til he faces Reigns to go back to the old entrance/music and maybe even his old attires too. Kinda like when Eddie turned face before he passed and slowly went back to the old Eddie until he finally came back out in a lowrider thanks to Batista. It was a great moment.

Actually, it's weird looking back and thinking how short lived that heel run was, basically just for the feud with Rey. Especially with how good he was at the time...but people just wanted to cheer Eddie.

Tozawa coming out on Main Event...

Tom: How much do you know about ninjas?

Samoe Joe: You'd be surprised how much I know about ninjas.

:lol:

Also, do they not have smaller names to call this show??? Joe and Tom too big for this lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived