WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

10 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

They both got worked into a shoot

More like Lacey thought she could get some attention while Cardi B was praising some of the Women in the WWE.
Not knowing that she has no idea about Lacey and her "character":
Lacey like a god damn idiot was full in WWE mode, not having read the room at all.

3 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

She didn't get drafted to either brand and on Twitter she expressed how they made her feel unwanted. I think her run is done tbh, just waiting for her contract to run out or something.

Pretty much, there is nothing in the WWE for her...they will not honor her like she deserves.
The woman still has a few good years left and can be used in so many ways in the shows, yet the idiots in the wwe dont see that.
She could help the AEW womens division if you ask me, everyone would benefit from that.

13 hours ago, Generations said:

Don't hold back on WWE. There have been countless examples of other wrestling promotions doing great work during the pandemic.

This is a WWE problem, not a pandemic problem. Let them have it. 

NJPW, AEW, and even Impact have all had successful storylines, and built some worthwhile pushes during the pandemic. MLW returned against all odds. Indy promotions like GCW and ICW:NHB have put on some of their best shows and kept their fans safe in the process. WWE is full of excuses on a good day...but they know exactly what they're doing. If they wanted to do things differently, they could and would. It's not their intention to do so. Not during the pandemic, and not when things go back to normal.

Yup.

You know, i keep thinking about this Goldberg thing and wondering how big fanboy glasses can be.
Im a huge fan of Razor Ramon/Scott Hall, he is my old school favorite for all time.
But if i think about him coming out 2021, pushing the current WWE champion and having a Match at one of the big PPVS...it doesnt fill me with excitement.
I mean we are talking about people past their prime...hell i cant even watch his TNA matches because i know he was past his prime.

Are Goldberg fans honestly happy with his last run? With seeing this once big star not being able to go 5-10 minutes? Botching his moves left and right, having no power in his spear and Jackhammer, needing to be carried so obviously through a match?
I dont know, if i think my favorite would look like this, i rather not have them in such a position, no amount of nostalgia or so could mask that.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldberg and Hall is not even comparable in this situation when you add reality to it. Unlike Hall, Goldberg kept himself in phenomenal shape. He is not broken down like Hall was before he retired. So you’re really overstating how past his prime he is. In terms of match quality, it’s been diminishing returns but that’s due to multiple factors beyond just Goldberg’s in-ring shape. The problem is he can only do one sort of a match, but it’s always been like that. A +10-min Goldberg match was and will always be a bad idea. He’s not having these longer matches primarily because he can’t physically go, it’s because he was never a good, technical wrestler to begin with, so you had to put him in these shorter matches — which yeah, gets tedious. But this is nothing new. He was booked like this in WCW and he’s booked like this now. It’s what Goldberg is best at.

Regarding his moves looking like shit, other than his Jackhammer lacking power in The Fiend match, I don’t see what you’re talking about. The Taker match was indeed a botching disaster due to him being concussed. His other matches have all done their job and he played his role just fine.     

And before anyone accuses me having my fanboy glasses on, 1) I grew up hating Goldberg and 2) I find it sad they have to rely on names from yesteryear for big marquee matches due to their failure to create and book stars. But at the same time, I’m not going to bury Goldberg and make it sound like he’s some ancient has-been who can’t do anything right. So many people are losing their minds over this Goldberg nonsense but have said little about Shayna losing to Dana in 40 secs and Riddle winning pathetically like he’s some sneaky heel even though he’s a babyface. That shit is more detrimental to the future than Goldberg getting some stupid title shot. It’s that kind of booking that sets up these Goldberg matches to begin with.

38 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Goldberg and Hall is not even comparable in this situation when you add reality to it. Unlike Hall, Goldberg kept himself in phenomenal shape. He is not broken down like Hall was before he retired. So you’re really overstating how past his prime he is. In terms of match quality, it’s been diminishing returns but that’s due to multiple factors beyond just Goldberg’s in-ring shape. The problem is he can only do one sort of a match, but it’s always been like that. A +10-min Goldberg match was and will always be a bad idea. He’s not having these longer matches primarily because he can’t physically go, it’s because he was never a good, technical wrestler to begin with, so you had to put him in these shorter matches — which yeah, gets tedious. But this is nothing new. He was booked like this in WCW and he’s booked like this now. It’s what Goldberg is best at.

Regarding his moves looking like shit, other than his Jackhammer lacking power in The Fiend match, I don’t see what you’re talking about. The Taker match was indeed a botching disaster due to him being concussed. His other matches have all done their job and he played his role just fine.     

And before anyone accuses me having my fanboy glasses on, 1) I grew up hating Goldberg and 2) I find it sad they have to rely on names from yesteryear for big marquee matches due to their failure to create and book stars. But at the same time, I’m not going to bury Goldberg and make it sound like he’s some ancient has-been who can’t do anything right. So many people are losing their minds over this Goldberg nonsense but have said little about Shayna losing to Dana in 40 secs and Riddle winning pathetically like he’s some sneaky heel even though he’s a babyface. That shit is more detrimental to the future than Goldberg getting some stupid title shot. It’s that kind of booking that sets up these Goldberg matches to begin with.

Its just an example of how i would feel when one of my favorites clearly past his prime would be in the same situation.
Of course Goldberg isnt as broken as Hall is and kept himself in fantastic shape.
But still, it is noticeably that Goldberg has lost a lot of what made him who he was once.

I dont know, maybe thats just me, but the spear has not the same Explosiveness, the jackhammer looks like he barely can get the people up, he starts sweating even before standing in the ring and has become a lot stiffer when moving around.
But maybe im just looking at it too negative.

I think the rest of the show was just the normal shit they pull when they dont care, thats why i think mostly dont really care about the other results too much.
I mean the riddle thing is dumb, but after how they did the "lana the babyface" story...its not that shocking anymore when the supposed face looks like a cowardly heel.
Thats sadly normal WWE booking that might be talked about as the weekly "what the hell are they doing", if the WWE wouldnt have done the Goldberg thing.

While Goldberg might very well be in great shape...it's arguably just aesthetics. His cardio has been awful every time he's shown up, and he gets gassed after one or two power moves. Hall might have been an embarrassment for a large part of his career...but, it was for different reasons. Also, Hall never tried to force a main event comeback 3, 4...(or however many times it's been). In the handful of times he was given a second chance, it was always as part of the Outsiders, or in some mid-card role where the cost of his shortcomings was low enough to risk. Goldberg literally comes in and demands a title shot about once per year...and risks his opponents' lives and careers with unsafe ringwork in doing so. 

But, hey...at the end of the day, neither scenario is truly Goldberg's fault or Hall's fault. They need to be given the chance first. The blame falls on their employers.

It's just when you brought Hall's name up you gave the impression that Goldberg was as past his prime as Hall was and I just found that comparison so grossly exaggerated. Hall couldn't do a Hall match in 2010, let alone in 2021. And unless something drastically changed in the last year (which is definitely possible), Goldberg can do a Goldberg match in 2021. Has he lost a step? Of course he has. But is to the degree that you make seem? I don't think so.

And that's my point. Their inept style of booking has become so normalized that people shrug it off and they much rather bemoan Goldberg stealing the spotlight. And sure, that's a fine thing to bemoan. But the amount of bemoaning for that rather than how they actually booked their current talent on that very same show I find so disportionate because the latter has far greater ramifications. 

I'd argue Goldberg coming back and having shoddy performances time and time again is only part of the problem. The bigger part is that he keeps beating people he shouldn't. KO and Fiend should never have lost to him, and it breaks me thinking Drew very well could go down to Goldberg's soggy ass.

Like you said, that blame is on the people making the calls... but damn, definitely makes it seem like Goldberg doesn't give two shits about helping the rising stars of the business if he agrees to these kinds of returns non stop.

Apollo done pissed Big E the hell off lol

Imagine Apollo with Malcolm Bivens...???

I half paid attention to that...did Sonya take an assistant job to Adam Pearce or did I hear that all wrong lol

I think the Dirty Dawgs take it here.

The denim over the leather jacket ain't it lmao

3 minutes ago, EJ! said:

how long have they been matching?

At least a month or two I think. They've also been pushing the Dirty Dawgs name hard and for one week "The Two Aces" lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived