WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

A celebrity DLC pack would be crazy. I mean they put Gronk and that basketball player in Battlegrounds lol

Also, between that game and Supercard, maybe his action figure too...why can they only refer to him as "Gronkster" lmao

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable, they waste Lee vs Mcintrye on Raw to give us Goldberg vs Mcintrye.
That is their answer to the bad ratings? Goldberg?

Well, cant say im too surprised...this is the only way vince knows how to deal when the ratings are bad...push the "young" guys aside for the legends.
Thats why this dumb legends night even existed.

You have a roster full of the most incredible talent, but because you are too lazy and stupid to build them up with consistent and strong booking/writing...you go with a 54 year old who lost at WM in 2 minutes.
*censored*ing hell Vince.

Also, i know logic is a thing in wrestling and the wwe...but it just looks so dumb that Goldberg gets a shot at the title just for interrupting the champion and shoving him to the ground.
While the rest of the active roster prepares for a grueling Royal Rumble, a elimination match where 30 superstars fight for a shot at the title.

RAW was garbage bar McIntyre/Lee and having Goldberg at the end was insult to injury. Seriously, I'm beyond sick of this talentless piece of shit hogging up the spotlight every year around this month at the expense of the actual talented dudes. I wouldn't even be worried about Drew possibly losing the title at Royal Rumble if he was facing literally any other part-timer, but with Goldberg you know he's just as likely to actually win because all he does is arrive, bury, and leave. He's the absolute worst and him winning the title might actually be the final straw for me as far as following WWE is concerned.

Ali's promo on Raw Talk was excellent and better than 99% of the actual show. Summed up everything wrong with this company. Absolute joke man.

feel like Ali might catch a stray spear from Goldberg in the coming weeks. i think usually when heels say truthful shit like that they end up paying for it and we’re supposed to be happy they “got what they deserve” for the disrespect.

also Drew seems like the ultimate “respect the legends” companyman so there really is a very solid chance he loses the title to Goldberg.

1 hour ago, The Nerd said:

I don’t want to be an asshole I really don’t. This year has been so so horrible for all of us. I don’t want to shit on WWE. Yet I’m sorry, RAW was completely trash. I have no idea what I even was supposed to understand or get from it. 

Don't hold back on WWE. There have been countless examples of other wrestling promotions doing great work during the pandemic.

This is a WWE problem, not a pandemic problem. Let them have it. 

NJPW, AEW, and even Impact have all had successful storylines, and built some worthwhile pushes during the pandemic. MLW returned against all odds. Indy promotions like GCW and ICW:NHB have put on some of their best shows and kept their fans safe in the process. WWE is full of excuses on a good day...but they know exactly what they're doing. If they wanted to do things differently, they could and would. It's not their intention to do so. Not during the pandemic, and not when things go back to normal.

Imagine Miz cashing in on Goldberg. If there were crowds, he'd actually be a hero lmao

Also, people keep joking that WWE will get so desperate that they will bring back Russo just to try something different. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised anymore.

Random thought: When the crowds are able to return, they're liable to be garbage crowds anyway. I mean...personally, going to a live WWE show would be on the bottom of my list of things to do after the pandemic ends. I'd sooner go to a better wrestling show, or even a concert. Those first shows after crowds return are probably going to be the basest of base WWE fanboys. I can only imagine...

If it was anyone other than Lacey, I'd probably side with them against Cardi. But, Lacey is a trash person with the personality of a pincushion.

Thus, it's funny that she would be so poor at reading the room.

Maybe she should stick to shooting guns with her weird spoiled daughter. 

15 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

A celebrity DLC pack would be crazy. I mean they put Gronk and that basketball player in Battlegrounds lol

Also, between that game and Supercard, maybe his action figure too...why can they only refer to him as "Gronkster" lmao

Ever since Cardi B came out as a fan a long time ago, I saw dollar signs and an amazing opportunity to get her in the game, and possibly even on WWE television to help build intrigue for her being in the game. Her fanbase is a market that I doubt WWE games are reaching, so it’d be an interesting crossover move. Punk is already gonna guarantee massive preorder sales if Community Creations is anything to go by. A seperate commercial for Cardi B? License to print money.

Yeah, then he got it right back. They did that simply to add much needed drama to the feud if he feud was to continue, which it did. Now why did the feud have to continue by that point is a whole other question. But it did and so it needed more drama.

The only scenario I can see with Goldberg winning is that Drew gets it right back at WM, which is lame if that happens. I certainly don’t think Drew is in jeopardy of losing his top position, though. He’s staying their top guy and would absolutely get his win (and belt) back IF Goldberg were to beat him.

It doesn't even matter why Goldberg is there, or what their planned direction is. The thing that matters is, it's pointless, boring...and nobody asked for it.

If they get any ratings boost from it, it will be incredibly short term (if at all).

People generally don't like to watch the same thing over and over again. Even if people like Goldberg or have some level of interest in seeing him compete, they still don't want the same angle we've literally seen a bunch of times already in the past few years. Who is it meant to appeal to? I doubt even the casuals care at this point.

2 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

Isn't Mickie James still technically signed as an active wrestler? Kinda weird to just stick her with the other legends lol, not that she doesn't deserve it

She didn't get drafted to either brand and on Twitter she expressed how they made her feel unwanted. I think her run is done tbh, just waiting for her contract to run out or something.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived