WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryan probably winning the rumble too, him or Lee. 

And Bryan should win the Universal title, even tough he won't, because he is becoming part time. But it would be a feel good familly arch type of story... and it would mean he won every possible title during his tenure.

Surprisingly good list, the ambulance match and reigns vs Mcintrye i wouldnt really put on the list...both werent really strong imo.
Other than that, i think the list is fine.

You cant deny the hilarity that their promoted "Greatest wrestling match ever" isnt number 1.
But we all knew that naming it this was always a mistake.
It was a great match for sure and deserves its spot, but it didnt live up to the tagline imo.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

Surprisingly good list, the ambulance match and reigns vs Mcintrye i wouldnt really put on the list...both werent really strong imo.
Other than that, i think the list is fine.

You cant deny the hilarity that their promoted "Greatest wrestling match ever" isnt number 1.
But we all knew that naming it this was always a mistake.
It was a great match for sure and deserves its spot, but it didnt live up to the tagline imo.

I don't think theey themselves did the tagline because they had an idea that it would be anything close to that. It was just that a tagline,, and a bit of a "gimmick" in a sense. Hence those finisher spots for example...

They promoted it well with some wackiness, people got hooked, especially since it was Edges first "normal" match after coming back, and the match delivered and it was fun.  

I don't understand how people are still taking that tagline so serious. It was over the top for a reason from the start. Probably also in a sense to relieve the pressure of it since the WM wasn't as well recieved. It was slow paced match that built up, and in a pretty classic manner and safe as it could have been. If they didn't use the tagline, and built it up differently, people would have probably have higher expectations again t would feel flat because they had to work it as safe as they can. 

11 minutes ago, AONO. said:

I don't think theey themselves did the tagline because they had an idea that it would be anything close to that. It was just that a tagline,, and a bit of a "gimmick" in a sense. Hence those finisher spots for example...

They promoted it well with some wackiness, people got hooked, especially since it was Edges first "normal" match after coming back, and the match delivered and it was fun.  

I don't understand how people are still taking that tagline so serious. It was over the top for a reason from the start. Probably also in a sense to relieve the pressure of it since the WM wasn't as well recieved. It was slow paced match that built up, and in a pretty classic manner and safe as it could have been. If they didn't use the tagline, and built it up differently, people would have probably have higher expectations again t would feel flat because they had to work it as safe as they can. 

True, but you cant deny that they put themself up for people to make fun of it in the end.
Its not like they themself made fun of this tagline, they added it to a super serious feud and all.

I guess using the tagline to the match everyone knew would never be able to live up to, took some pressure of...but still.
Either way i do think its all in good fun to poke fun at them using the tagline and all that comes with it.

I think it would be a bigger deal if the match would have been truly bad, but it was fun as hell and therefore its more a lighthearted approach to make fun of the tagline.

Boneyard match, let's go.

I think Bryan-Gulak, Fight Pit, Roman-Jey (COC), and Men's Rumble should be higher. Walter-Dragunov should be Top 3 but they won't give NXT UK that much credit.

Firefly Funhouse match should've been top 5, idc (or even included at all ?)

As well as the Men's Rumble, can't believe that was #14

I think the Ambulance match (#7) was the least good out of the McIntyre and Orton feud lol

Luke Harper graphic. ?

I wouldn't be mad if they paused the Fiend-Randy stuff for a night and had Bray Wyatt  come out as the Eater of Worlds one more time as a small tribute to him.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived