WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit:pwinsider

?

In the opening segment of Raw, it was announced Retribution has signed WWE contracts.  The Raw announcers did not explain why the company would do this for a group of marauders who have attacked and vandalized the company over the last few weeks.

Talents involved in the opening segment representing Retribution were NXT talents Dijakovic, Mia Yim, Mercedes Martinez, and Dio Maddin with Yim and Dijakovic cutting promos in what appeared to be new personas (no new names yet) with Dijakovic specifically designed to look like a takeoff of Batman villain Bane.  His apppearance led to Bane's name trending on Twitter.

The word making the rounds over the weekend was that Retribution vs. a WWE team was being targeted as the main event of Survivor Series

Are WWE purposefully taking the absolute piss? I can't believe they could put this drivel together and think it could possibly get over. SLAPJACK for heavens sake! It's gotta be a rib. 

They look like the damn foot clan, who they fighting at Survior Series, the ninja turtles? 

I hope this is just a temporary thing to get em on the main roster before they go their separate ways. If there is a SS match then make the stip be Retribution disbands if they lose and let’s never talk about this bullshit again.

”These guys have destroyed my set and hurt my talent and have cost me thousands of dollars. Let me sign them.” Them being signed is already weird, but then to acknowledge they’ve been signed and still act like they’re some invading force is even weirder.

I don’t know what could have improved Retribution but I know them shutting the hell up would have gone a long way. They sounded like high school bullies in a cartoon or like Joker’s minions whenever they appeared. The makeshift uniforms are trash but it wouldn’t have been so bad if they moved in an organized way. Just impossible to take em seriously.

20 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

I feel like people exaggerate when they call a show "Nitro" levels of bad, but this...this was lol lmao

Yeah I definitely agree. But the shows rn don’t even make any sense. They contradict continuity week to week and even in the same show. They ruin every call up. Smh 

Retribution might have made a bit more sense if it was full of those with halfway/abandoned pushes and failed/botched NXT call ups.

Looks to me like those in Retribution have no actual issue with the company; they were doing pretty well in NXT...unless that's the joke - waiting for the punchline of a botched NXT call up (?).

Whatever...this is the worst I've seen RAW in a long time, and I've been watching wrestling for almost 30 years.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived