WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rey Mysterio is said to be legitimately injured and out of action.

As noted earlier, WWE announced during RAW that Mysterio suffered a torn triceps during the win with son Dominik Mysterio over Seth Rollins and Murphy at Sunday’s WWE Payback pay-per-view. Rey was pulled from his singles match with Rollins on this week’s RAW, and replaced by Dominik, but there had been some speculation on this being another storyline injury for Rey.

In an update, Dave Meltzer of F4Wonline.com reports that the injury to Rey is legitimate, and did occur during the tag team match at Payback on Sunday night.

While WWE is calling the injury a triceps tear, and that’s likely exactly what it is, it is not thought to be as serious as a full tear, which would require surgery.

Word going around Monday’s RAW was that Mysterio is expected to be out of action for two months, or maybe less. He will reportedly be able to recover through rehab, and reportedly will not need surgery.

Rey appeared in a backstage segment on Monday’s RAW with his wife, daughter and son, and was wearing a sleeve over part of his arm, but no sling.

Rey recently signed what is believed to be a new three-year WWE contract. Stay tuned for updates on his status.

They definitely *censored*ed up the finish in the triple threat lol. I mean, I'm glad, but it's still funny tho

Also, I really like how people are selling The Spirit Bomb. I mean, it was cool in NXT too, but to see Orton selling it like he did on Sunday and Rollins flipping and everything... So far so good for Keith Lee, and these things matter. 

Odd cause I felt they treated them better on SD. From that first attack when they destroyed the ring to when they destroyed the backstage area. Everything on Raw has felt pretty tame in comparison.

It was his finisher before too lol His secondary one at the least.

That's a good call though...maybe it's also too similar to the Jackhammer and can't have that with Bill coming around at least twice a year lol

51 minutes ago, T-Hell said:

Oh yeah, I remember, Braun was there. But was that legit, or a scripted thing to put him away due to real injury?  I mean, I always thought that car accident thing was an angle.

The hit and run angle was a way to write him off TV. WWE reported that he had suffered broken ribs and a torn pec due to the incident, and although they kayfabed how he got the injury, a torn pec is actually the reason that he is currently on the shelf.

7 hours ago, dje_wba said:

The hit and run angle was a way to write him off TV. WWE reported that he had suffered broken ribs and a torn pec due to the incident, and although they kayfabed how he got the injury, a torn pec is actually the reason that he is currently on the shelf.

Damn. Thank you for telling me.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived