WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit:pwinsider

As you saw at the end of Friday Night Smackdown, Roman Reigns is now aligned with Paul Heyman.  In a piece of news that will please all the fans over the years who rejected Reigns as a babyface, PWInsider.com can confirm that going forward, the plans are to push Reigns as the top heel on the Smackdown brand going forward. 

With Braun Strowman also recently turning heel (which as of this week, is planned to be a permanent role for Strowman), we are told that WWE will be using Bray Wyatt as a babyface going forward with the idea of The Fiend being the top babyface for that side of the roster.

While she did not appear on tonight's episode of Smackdown, we are also told that WWE heard the recent social media outrage towards how Naomi has been used loud and clear and there are plans to push her in a stronger manner as well in the weeks ahead as well.

I'm on board with heel Reigns, and I do like that they have taken an unexpected step to intrigue us.... but I really hope we are given a good explanation for his character change. If it will even be a character change... 

That being said, I'm not too sure how I feel about pairing with Heyman... I mean yes, it's "fresh" and "unexpected", that's the cool part. However, it doesn't really make sense, especially for Reigns out of all people. 

Also tbh, I'm much more interested in a babyface Bray and how will it all play with this new dynamic. Matter of fact, a babyface Bray would be dope as the champion with a proper run. But I don't see it happening. A lenghty Roman title runis much more probable. 

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived