WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

People say Raw Underground got better as the night went on...but I actually thought it got kinda ridiculous when they started having Ziggler (yes, I'm well aware of his wrestling background) and the Hurt Business in there. Not Lashley ofc, he was the most legit guy there. But yeah, they couldn't take this seriously for one night. 

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will admit, Erik seems to fit in quite well there. Not sure how pro wrestling moves are allowed, but I like his over the shoulder thing into the knee so I'll allow it. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

True. As dumb as this is, at least nobody is actually getting legitimately hurt. Thankfully there won't be a Dark Side of the Ring on this someday.

Have you ever seen Brawl for All in its entirety or just the docu special on it?

1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

RAW Underground is a awful version of Josh Barnett's Bloodsport.

Yeah it’s definitely more like this than Brawl for All lol

I mean..I guess I didn’t mind the segments. But what exactly is the end goal? To create a new star? Because they certainly didn’t do that. I definitely thought they made existing stars look tough though. But then all the 40+ year old dudes literally destroyed the young ones that stepped up to them. It’s like, I’m glad they’re taking The Hurt Business seriously, but they totally punked out young guys too.  

edit:  also forgot 50+ year old Shane McMahon being the MC for the new, hip, “RAW Underground”. 

Bloodsport worked because it was alot of guys who had background in MMA or were known as just general bruisers or brawlers. There was only one squash match in all three events and it was when Gage took on Kross and it worked. Last night just looked stupid. Like if you do that RAW Underground why aren't you building the segments around like Riddle, Lashley and Thatcher?

22 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Yeah it’s definitely more like this than Brawl for All lol

I mean..I guess I didn’t mind the segments. But what exactly is the end goal? To create a new star? Because they certainly didn’t do that. I definitely thought they made existing stars look tough though. But then all the 40+ year old dudes literally destroyed the young ones that stepped up to them. It’s like, I’m glad they’re taking The Hurt Business seriously, but they totally punked out young guys too.  

edit:  also forgot 50+ year old Shane McMahon being the MC for the new, hip, “RAW Underground”. 

The former Babatunde looks to be getting a push, unless it was a one off. And tbh Lashley, MVP, and Shelton are all legitimate. A lot of people hating on Ziggler being involved but he is also legitimate. It’s easy to forget their real life abilities when WWE forces corny characters and bad booking.

never heard about Bloodsport, but I've checked it out. if it was something along those lines and more serious production wise... maybe I would be open to the idea. this was just far too silly, gimmicky, came in totally random and far too phony.

and I kinda do like how the talent is working the "Hurt busines", but I don't like the all black aspect of it. And I know MVP is constantly talking how they are all friends etc etc, but it doesn't feel right. And so far, he/they have recruited or tried to recruit only black people and feuded with... black people, Apollo and R-Truth. Idk, it's just all so weird. 

And to see Tozawa doing no effect rapid punches on Shelton Benjamin... dressed as a ninja... what the actual *Censored*?

The only good parts were Drew vs Orton promos, I think they killed that and it's a good wrestling story that will result in a potentialy great match. No nonsense, 2 characters that were built up for a while now, clashing over a top title.  Shame that Drews momentum kinda slowed down a bit, but that happens literally every time  Ziggler gets thrown in  championship feuds. 

And that Shayna vs Asuka interaction was cool.

I can see the talent is actually performing on a really good level, but the overall direction of the show is shit and on a downward spiral. And even though it was tedious and has been tedious to watch for a long while (too long), it really began to fall apart when they gave Pritchard double duty. I think his job would have to be a nightmare right now. Not to mention that 3h aspect of RAW which has been a problem since it's inception and it's becoming a bigger problem as time goes by. 

And the Molotovs... JFC. 

I appreciate Vince firing 80% of the backstage staff then being pissy the show has no direction and is a total *censored*ing mess. 

That being said i will always tune in when Samoa Joe gonna kick some ass. Dude so simple when he talks but his tone is always so *censored*ing perfect and terrifying. 

Shayna could be off doing her own thing as they rebuild her but instead they chose to have her mingle with Asuka and Sasha when none of them is positioned to lose. No wonder we got that awful finish last night.

Drew, Orton, and Joe were all fantastic last night, though. Heated, passionate promos that sound believable are always a plus for me.

Imagine if Sheamus joined forces with Corbin against Riddle and brought back the King gimmick for now lol

Lol Sheamus' new render is his Bar Fight look. That should be his new wrestling attire.

Get rid of the Shorty look already lol

Keeping Sheamus strong I guess, but making Shorty look like a dork too soon after his heel turn in the process.

Kings Collide.

Sheamus face turn?

LU nod by Johnny? :P

Retribution stable on SD too?

Sonya gave me Vanya vibes with the suit.

You'd think Lince would've faced AJ next lol

Retribution thought Lince needed some Sin Cara lighting. :hqhq:

Must've been Otis pushing boxes on Raw lol

First Fiend entrance in the pandemic era, no?

Is he gonna wrestle? Tf?

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived