WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t know exactly where to post this. Was thinking the Unpopular thread, but I figured it wouldn’t belong. Anyway, as much as I wanted to see Taker and Sting have a match, I gotta agree with the comments Taker himself said recently

“With the expectations being so high and the match not delivering, it would be a bigger disappointment than the match never happening at all”

He has a point. I mean look at the feedback AJ/Nakamura from WM got. Even in The Last Ride doc he wasn’t fully pleased with the match against Cena yet he looked great over the previous WM. Still hope they have some type of interaction or just work a tag match together. Even with that, both him and Sting would 9/10 criticize themselves if the match isn’t up to par. I’m at peace tho if nothing happens match/some interaction or not. Both really got nothing left to prove. 

Never understood why so many people wanted to see that match after Sting came to WWE. I mean, sure, I get the logic behind it but you also need to factor in the fact that they both were beyond finished. Years ago, it would have made perfect sense but post-2015, it would have just been two larger-than-life stars squaring off against each other at their absolute worst. It was never going to be a good match and, like 'Taker said, that would have been a bigger shame than the match not happening in the first place.

18 hours ago, Crazy. said:

Never understood why so many people wanted to see that match after Sting came to WWE. I mean, sure, I get the logic behind it but you also need to factor in the fact that they both were beyond finished. Years ago, it would have made perfect sense but post-2015, it would have just been two larger-than-life stars squaring off against each other at their absolute worst. It was never going to be a good match and, like 'Taker said, that would have been a bigger shame than the match not happening in the first place.

They both wear trench coats. 

But for real people need to realize that some matches don't need to happen. Remember how bad people wanted Brock and Goldberg?

Nice. I'm surprised they didn't do anything on Monday. Crazy how under the radar The *censored*ing Undertaker's retirement feels. This should've been the most talked about thing all week.

'Taker's retirement would have been a huge deal years ago. Seriously, he should have hung up by all means after 2014. Made perfect sense from a storytelling perspective. He was just dragging himself on after that, while clearly being in no physical condition to keep going for much longer. Still, I'm surprised he managed to stay active for six more years, as opposed to just one or two. That's crazy. But yeah, I think a major reason as to why 'Taker's retirement doesn't feel like a huge deal is because, well, we've been expecting it for years. He's been as close to retired as one can possibly get without being official retired for about half a decade now. 

That, and the whole thing we're dealing with right now. If it was happening under normal circumstances, it would definitely be getting talked about much more. But yeah, it's just the unprecedented times we're living in where everything else happening around the world is taking a backseat.

Lol

Yo I stumbled upon a vid they did with him last year doing Mania predictions with his gator (yep). Weird they brought him back just for that a few years later after Tough Enough.

Why is the *censored*ing Universal Champion a lumberjack?

Matt Riddle out there too. They've made no *censored*ing mention of him all night lol

Corbin taking all the finishers. Bless.

Drew Gulak taking Corey Graves' place on 205 Live commentary. How'd he switch from ring gear to a suit in 2 mins? :hqhq:

Swerve's got those Toru Yano ass tights that end at his shins. Tf? Well, I don't entirely hate it lol

Damn, Swerve/Nese lasted the whole episode...205 is just half an hour long nowadays btw.

Damn, they just ran an old ass ad with that "Into the Jungle" song they used to use all the time back with the network first launched lol

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived