WWE Show Discussion

Jmerc

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Wrestling Entertainment has opted to remove powerbombs into the turnbuckles aka bucklebombs from the list of authorized moves used by talents during in-ring performances, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

The move led to the retirement of WWE Hall of Famer Sting after he was hit with the move by Seth Rollins several years ago after the brunt of the move led to injury and the discovery that Sting was suffering from spinal stenosis. Several weeks ago, Kairi Sane took a scary bump into the buckles while wrestling Nia Jax as well.

While the move is no longer allowed, there have been other moves that were eliminated only to return later on, including the shooting star press and Seth Rollins' signature stomp. There are other moves, including the piledriver, that have been and remain banned from usage in the ring.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/136834/wwe-bans-move-from-inring-action

Stupid decision by all means. Sting was already on thin ice with his career and should have laced it up years ago. That move just happened to be the final nail in the coffin. And Nia is, well, Nia. She's just an unsafe, terrible worker, period. I'm pretty mad about this ngl, I love the move.

On 5/14/2020 at 11:46 AM, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Update on what this was gonna be (interview below)

Darren Young says it was gonna be a OG Nexus reunion (didn't specify which members)

I wonder if they still would've done it once this was all over if he didn't still the beans lol Damn, that would've been cool. Especially if they could've gotten the most important member...

We don't want Raw Talk back, we want Talking Smack. ?

I guess that's what WWE Backstage is for, but it's not the same as having that immediate reaction right after Smackdown lol

Zelina looks like a doll lol

Rude.

Pretty good video package for something that happened less than an hour ago. :shift:

APOLLO.

KO a great pick. Thought he would pick a personal friend like Tozawa/Ricochet.

• Jeb ★ unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived