Official Backlash Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EDGE IS THE *censored*ING GOAT

Seriously, I don't care if I'm exaggerating, but that was match of the year for me. Forget all the marketing, forget what you normally expect from an Orton match, forget everything. That was *censored*ing awesome. Y'all know how much I *censored*ing love Edge and to see him put on that performance in his first traditional wrestling match in over nine years was a sight to behold. EVERYTHING about that match was perfect, from busting out the moves of some of the greatest ever (in the 'Greatest Wrestling Mach Ever') to Orton basically resorting to his usual despicable self to win the match that he himself selected purely because of his belief in his wrestling ability. The storytelling was immense. And Edge, man. I don't care if I'm being biased but that was one of his greatest ever performances considering everything. 

People often forget just how important an aspect storytelling is in wrestling but those two served a very important reminder with the masterpiece they put on. Yes, it wasn't actually the 'Greatest Wrestling Match Ever'. But it was still a freaking fantastic match and the very best of this year, and one that deserved to be contested in front of thousands. Props to both men. But especially Edge, after everything he's been through. My legend. My GOAT. Give me my rubber match at SummerSlam. I'm so ready.

EDIT: Welp, just read that he tore his tricep and could be out for 4-6 months. Well *Censored*, I guess that's the last we saw of him this year :( Maybe another Royal Rumble return?!

With that out of the way, the rest of the show was pretty good too. Not a single boring match apart from Asuka/Nia but again, it's Nia we're talking about so I didn't expect anything better. Just a shame it ended in a double countout because that means she's gonna continue being in the title picture for the time being. Oh well.

McIntyre/Lashley was surprisingly good. Easily Lashley's best match in years. I don't like him but that was good.

Strowman/M&M was fun. Sheamus/Hardy was quite good, even if slow at times. Hopefully this feud is continuing because I've liked what I've seen so far. Opener was fun too so was the Street Profits/Viking Raiders stuff.

Quality show.

You know what's *censored*ing crazy? Edge/Orton went 8 mins longer than their Mania match but it doesn't feel like it lol

Also, just noticed how little Randy's wrestled since the quarantine. And he's still one of the best things on the show right now.

7 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

You know what's *censored*ing crazy? Edge/Orton went 8 mins longer than their Mania match but it doesn't feel like it lol

Also, just noticed how little Randy's wrestled since the quarantine. And he's still one of the best things on the show right now.

Watching two men punching and tossing each other around is only compelling for so long. lol

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived