Mount Rushmore

EJ!

The four most important wrestlers to you. Four wrestlers that helped shape you personally as a wrestling fan. Don’t feel like you have to say some shit like Sammartino if you didn’t watch him, I hate when people do that, just whoever means the most to you.

1. John Cena-the first guy I was able to really latch on to as a young fan when I didn’t have family or friends (everybody stopped watching nearly the same time) to steer my opinion. Loved him for his character growing up and then the matches started  to turn up which solidified him for me.

2. Kurt (Perc) Angle- one of the main reasons the RA era was the best era but it wasn’t until after he left that he showed he literally is probably top 5 in-ring of all time. TNA Angle was untouchable.

3. Eddie Guerrero- not much I need to say here. I was Frog Splashing stuffed animals. Hopping on chairs doing his little taunts. Gave me the moments, both face and heel, and gave me the matches. I was 9 when he died and he was literally my first real experience with death, hit me like a brick. I was cheering faces and booing heels like I was supposed to, and I *censored*ing hated heels, Eddie didn’t even fully turn face before he died and it was like he was never a heel ever.

4. Shawn Michaels- another very important fixture of the RA era. Always so easy to root for. Perfect storyteller in-ring. Funny I had no clue who he was when he came back in 02 because I was 6 but I took to him very quickly. Didn’t need much and I loved him. He also retired before I was able to get sick of him.

Honorable Mentions and people who could probably replace some of these guys in the future:

1. AJ Styles- the only reason he’s not on here is because while I loved AJ growing up, the roster was getting bigger and there were more people to root for other than him so I couldn’t love him head and shoulders above everyone else. Still marked for his first title win. Plus I was a really big Petey Williams fan for some reason. 

2. Chris Jericho- honestly Shawn just edged him out. I simply liked Shawn a little more.

3. Undertaker- just kept coming back. If he didn’t overstay his career then maybe.

4. Daniel Bryan- soon

Rock and Austin are missing because they were gone by the time I was 7. They were impactful enough for me to know what they’ve done and be happy to see them but I never got to experience them at their best in real time. I just missed them. They’re like Michael Jordan for me.

Erick Rowan

Rusev

Shark Boy

Booker T

And I'm not joking. I started watching wrestling in 2006 because TNA was on free TV here. I thought Shark Boy was dumb and fun. I then went onto watch hundreds of hours of wrestling via the internet and Booker T became a favourite. Rowan and Rusev have been my top favourites in recent years.

Samoa Joe

Triple H

Abyss

Rosemary

Honorable mentions to Crazzy Steve and The Wyatt Family. Decay is probably my favorite team of all time with Wyatt Family second. Would have added the Wyatt members over Decay but where the Wyatts kept dropping Decay disbanded before really dropping. 

2 hours ago, NewAjeOutlaw said:

Samoa Joe

Triple H

Abyss

Rosemary

Honorable mentions to Crazzy Steve and The Wyatt Family. Decay is probably my favorite team of all time with Wyatt Family second. Would have added the Wyatt members over Decay but where the Wyatts kept dropping Decay disbanded before really dropping. 

Decay was an awesome group.

Jeff Hardy, Kenny Omega, Shawn Michaels, Kazuchika Okada.

Omega and Okada renewed my interest and love of wrestling when it was almost gone, Shawn Michaels is just all around one of my favourite wrestlers, and Jeff Hardy effected me a lot as a teenager.

Stone Cold

Goldberg

Kurt Angle 

Booker T 

Honorable Mentions: Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit, DDP, The Rock, Sting. 

it's not  4, ik

- AJ Styles 
AJ Styles was the first guy I really liked outside of wwe. I was like 5 around the time he was in his whole loner phase and he was baddass. I loved his in ring work, his gear and the mom haircut. When he came to wwe I marked out so hard I was about to have a stroke. Best wrestler in the world right now don't @ me. 

- Samoa Joe
Joe is straight up a Samoan badass. Even in wwe rn he could kill anyone on that roster. His 2 year or so run with the ROH Championship is one of if not Def top 3 best title reigns and Def top two of about 2000-2019. His matches with Punk are the stuff of legend. And he's an epic dudebrobrosef. 
He could have a hard hitting hype match with anyone. You could put him in the ring with Corbin and teach him a few of Joe's moves and you have a 4 star+ classic right there. And his match against kobashi might be the best ROH match in terms of in ring work. (Bryan and McGuinnes's third to last match or so is the best in terms of story telling, the one where Bryan wouldn't  hit his head.)

- John Cena
Johnny Boy, Johnny Boy, Johnny Boy. What a goat. Not much to say here, great guy, great mic work, very improved ring work. Nice dude.

Archived