Exclusive News On Vince McMahon Meeting With Talent: Talent Cuts Coming, Furloughs, WWE HQ

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooof, yeah, Gulak would be a solid fit in AEW. Dude has the charisma to get over, and is soooo crisp in the ring.

I feel like of these recent releases, the ones I actually want in AEW are:

1. Rusev (with Aiden English as a manager?)

2. Lio Rush

3. Deonna Purazzo

4. Heath Slater 

5. Drew Gulak

Everyone else I'm pretty indifferent on where they end up.

Bryan Alvarez reported that Drew Gulak did want to stay and was hoping for a raise. It was then that WWE pulled the deal and let his contract expire.  He's looking to renegotiate with Barry Bloom, who's been known to help many wrestlers over the years get greal deals.

And while it may sound crazy to ask for a raise during these times, Alvarez made it clear that WWE is perfectly fine with money. In fact, he says this year they are making the most money they have ever made, regardless of not being able to sell tickets right now. Crazy.

Credit:pwinsider.com

Michael Mansury, the Vice President of Global Television Production, departed World Wrestling Entertainment officially last week, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.  We are told Mansury had given the company notice several months ago he would be departing as of May and is now done with the company.

Mansury was seen as a big part of the Triple H regime and some in the company had dubbed him unofficially as the "next" Kevin Dunn, as in the idea was that he would one day fill Dunn's role down the line.  Mansury, who had been with the company since March 2009, initially as a Production Assistant, rising through the ranks as Associate Producer, Producer and then Managaging Producer of WWE before being elevated to his Vice President role in March 2016.

In that position, Mansury had been the Director of record for many of the WWE PPV and TV productions in recent years.  He was well liked among those we spoke to today, many of whom seemed shocked by his departure.  With Mansury having departed and Kerwin Silfies not currently working for the company, it appears Matt Miller and Kevin Dunn will be handling directing WWE broadcasts.

On 5/18/2020 at 2:44 PM, Fight Me. said:

Bryan Alvarez reported that Drew Gulak did want to stay and was hoping for a raise. It was then that WWE pulled the deal and let his contract expire.  He's looking to renegotiate with Barry Bloom, who's been known to help many wrestlers over the years get greal deals.

And while it may sound crazy to ask for a raise during these times, Alvarez made it clear that WWE is perfectly fine with money. In fact, he says this year they are making the most money they have ever made, regardless of not being able to sell tickets right now. Crazy.

This is what i was saying earlier, they are still on TV, still have merch sales, with the shows taking place in one arena they don't have to pay travel at all, THERE WAS NO REASON TO LAY ANYONE OFF.

Credit:pwinsider

WWE moved Drew Gulak back to the Smackdown roster page on their website at some point today, an obvious sign the two sides have come to terms on a new deal after his deal expired several weeks back.  There's no word yet on how long Gulak has signed but he and WWE had continued to discuss a new deal after his former deal expired, so this shouldn't be seen as much of a surprise.  The fact the company let his contract lapse, however, was certainly surprising.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

Oh shit, what? Dang, Sarah was actually pretty good.

In all fairness, She’s 26, I can’t see it being a permanent retirement, plus, with the pandemic going on Indy wrestling a little bit on the dead side of things so it’s a smart tome to focus on things outside of wrestling.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived