Exclusive News On Vince McMahon Meeting With Talent: Talent Cuts Coming, Furloughs, WWE HQ

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible news for all those involved. I would however be surprised if there wasn't many more releases to come both in WWE and others like NJPW, ROH and to a lesser degree Impact and AEW for those that have guaranteed amounts they would earn over a full year with the fact that shows won't be pulling in alot of fans for at least 4 months I'd guess and TV deals potentially being cancelled or adjusted. Have to feel sorry for all the stars with no guaranteed money.

The big downside of these releases is the lack of opportunity for those released although I would expect the normal 90 days is in place due to how releases work in WWE (may have changed if they could legally adjust the contract even with the current situation). 

I feel bad for all of them and hope that many of them (office staff and alL) will have the opportunity to be brought back when this covid 19 situation is taken cared of. Prey every day that it does get situated at some point but none of us know what will happen anymore than knowing what's going to happen in the next 24 hours. Stay safe everyone.

19 hours ago, Crazy. said:

I want her out because she sucks balls.

Anyway, word going around Twitter is that Kairi Sane and IIconics got the chop too, but it's just a rumor at this point.

She doesn't suck balls, she does what they ask her to do and she works they book her to work which was mostly a Manager, jobber or a filler feud.

IF they give her the mini push now and let her win the SD Championship from bayley then only because Sasha will probably end up Winning the case and cashing in immediately after she knocks out Tamina after her match with Bayley to immediately take the title from her after she took it from bayley. This way they can avoid a feud between bayley and sasha and have them go with the best Friends gimmick that always makes sure the title stays between them and nobody else get's it away from them.

At least this is what I make out of the Situation Right now if Bayley doesn't retain .

Over the last year, I've really grown to dislike Seth, this is unbelievable. Telling people not to be upset or angry by what the WWE has done. How can you call for unity when they've just thrown a number of people under a bus? It's alright to say everything will be fine when your job is pretty secure, your partners job is pretty secure and making few million at the same time.

2 hours ago, A.O.L. said:

Lol I refuse. 

Not only you, I think all of us do!

It's easy for him to tell everyone to not be upset about how shitty the wwe is when he has nothing to worry about and makes millions in the process.

Katie Lea said it best:

my thoughts About @WWE releasing a bunch of people: utter nonsense. after a month they have to make cuts? when they keep people on for years they don’t use..??

and Mr Trump wants Vince to help restart the economy... ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, Saturi said:

She doesn't suck balls, she does what they ask her to do and she works they book her to work which was mostly a Manager, jobber or a filler feud.

IF they give her the mini push now and let her win the SD Championship from bayley then only because Sasha will probably end up Winning the case and cashing in immediately after she knocks out Tamina after her match with Bayley to immediately take the title from her after she took it from bayley. This way they can avoid a feud between bayley and sasha and have them go with the best Friends gimmick that always makes sure the title stays between them and nobody else get's it away from them.

At least this is what I make out of the Situation Right now if Bayley doesn't retain .

Or.....we can not book a program where the absolute worst worker in the company is given a major title. Just an idea.

20 minutes ago, Counting Lights said:

Or.....we can not book a program where the absolute worst worker in the company is given a major title. Just an idea.

Just explained my thoughts on her going for the title right now because since she is only used as a jobber and is only allowed to do a few moves in the meantime I predict that they want to put the belt on sasha without having her feuding with Bayley.

So it would make sense if Tamina Held the title for like 2 Minutes the way Jillian Hall did back then with the difference that Tamina won't have a match with Sasha after her win but rather get hit from behind being dazed and get rolled up or something.

Besides if what they say it's true and  more SD Releases will be announced today or tomorrow then we will have to say goodbye to even more Talent and the only two not being in a Programm from the women Right now are Ember Moon, Mickie James and the Iconics which I think will get the cut aswell. :(

As a sidenote:

NXT Interviewer Kat Marino was also released yesterday.

It's believed that the releases of several more wrestlers or staff from WWE NXT will be revealed soon, according to Wrestling Observer Radio. It was also noted that no one else expects any further main roster departures to be made.

The talent cuts made on Wednesday will save WWE around $703,000 per month, according to Meltzer on Twitter. There were rumors of WWE saving $4 million with the cuts, but that's incorrect. Meltzer noted that the $4 million figure includes all expenses cut, including the expenses of moving WWE HQ into the new location in Stamford, CT. WWE noted on Wednesday that the move to the new building has been delayed for at least six months.

You can click here to read the current list of confirmed departures and furloughs. The list currently includes 22 wrestlers, 10 producers, 3 coaches, 2 announcers, 1 referee, 1 creative writer, and 2 other on-air talents.

Wrestlinginc.com

Apparently they are going from brand to brand and even SD already got some cuts they might announce more today or tomorrow.

This is not a discussion we should be having while people are losing their jobs. Regardless of how we all feel about them as performers, these are real people losing their jobs. Keep that in mind.

So is there any confirmation about Kassius Ohno and Rey Mysterio? Their profiles are still in the alumni section.

2 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

This is not a discussion we should be having while people are losing their jobs. Regardless of how we all feel about them as performers, these are real people losing their jobs. Keep that in mind.

So is there any confirmation about Kassius Ohno and Rey Mysterio? Their profiles are still in the alumni section.

Ohno was already released from what I heard, Mysterio I don't know

11 minutes ago, Saturi said:

Ohno was already released from what I heard, Mysterio I don't know

So far Ohno is the only one from the NXTUK brand that has gotten released by WWE but I don't seeing him being the only person on the brand to get cut.

But I do expect some cuts on NXT's Women Division which has 23 women on its roster including 2 MMA Horsewomen who haven't be used since Shayna got promoted from NXT to Raw.

Part 1

https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/1250555347435167748

Part 2

More Releases for the list at the front page in case you wanna update:

Dan Matha - NXT

Alyssa Miles - NXT

Jon Quasto - NXT

Kendo Kashin - Coach

Serena Deeb - Coach (Mentioned it before)

Chris Guy - Coach

MJ Jenkins - NXT (mentioned before)

Josiah Williams - NXT

Jerry Soto - Announcer

Aleksandar Jaksic - NXT

Andrea Listenberger - Writer (wrote the Otis-Mandy Storyline)

It seems that Kavita Devi might also have got the cut and it is also rumoured that Taynara Conti and Rita Reis are gone too.

Also Kairi Shane seems to be on her way out again but it's not really confirmed yet.

7 hours ago, Saturi said:

More Releases for the list at the front page in case you wanna update:

Dan Matha - NXT

Alyssa Miles - NXT

Jon Quasto - NXT

Kendo Kashin - Coach

Serena Deeb - Coach (Mentioned it before)

Chris Guy - Coach

MJ Jenkins - NXT (mentioned before)

Josiah Williams - NXT

Jerry Soto - Announcer

Aleksandar Jaksic - NXT

Andrea Listenberger - Writer (wrote the Otis-Mandy Storyline)

Thanks for this, first post updated.

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived