Exclusive News On Vince McMahon Meeting With Talent: Talent Cuts Coming, Furloughs, WWE HQ

Guest Fight Me.

I'm not gonna pretend i'm an expert but I do see this at least a little bit as WWEs excessive spending and poorly thought out plans, like buying up talent to keep them away from the competition, as coming back to bite them in the ass.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, King RyderFan said:

Not only that, but this shows WWE’s MO so, so, so well. Hoard talent when options are available and the moment the business is shut down they dump anyone and everyone they don’t see as “valuable”. No Way Jose flew in just for a nothing job match and they fire him 48 hours later. Disgusting. Disgraceful. Despicable.

Heard Lance Storm closed his school for a job he got sacked from in a matter of weeks.

2 minutes ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

They truly had something with Rusev during WM 34 weekend and the day of....

Hurts my heart to think about what the Rusev Day run could've been.

3 minutes ago, Monkey D. Jiggy said:

Heard Lance Storm closed his school for a job he got sacked from in a matter of weeks.

Exactly. I really, really hope this leads to a union in wrestling. Those guys and girls put their bodies on the line for us, night after night. They don’t deserve to be treated as cattle.

Andrea Listenberger, who I believe was on the creative team, appears to have been let go.

Personally seeing how bad creative is, I think they should've started there instead of with the talent; although I think Andrea was one of the good ones from what i'm told.

I just spent 5 minutes looking at the roster at wwe.com and I wouldn't be surpriced if some of these were released soon too - NOT that I wish it, it's just based on theire role in wwe and how theire being used at the moment.

'* Apollo Crews

* Bo Dallas

* Cedric Alexander

* David Otunga

* Gran Metalik

* Jason Jordan

* Jinder Mahal

* Kacy Catanzaro

* Kalisto

* Lars Sullivan

* Paige

* Robert Roode

* Shane Thorne

All the nxt uk wrestlers have been left of this list..

2 minutes ago, BrandonX said:

Andrea Listenberger, who I believe was on the creative team, appears to have been let go.

Personally seeing how bad creative is, I think they should've started there instead of with the talent; although I think Andrea was one of the good ones from what i'm told.

Yeah, saw her tweet on pwinsider.

She started in december and was working on the Otis/Mandy storyline it seems..

I hate it but I’m not surprised. For the most part, several of these wrestlers asked for their release in the last year. Kanellis’, Gallows and Anderson, EC3, Rusev, even Dawson and Wilder. I didn’t see the releases coming but I’m not surprised by a lot of them either. Time for AEW or iMPACT to snatch several of them.

1 minute ago, Creepia said:

Rusev gave WWE staff 25k of his own money recently because they weren't being paid, and now they fire him lmao. 

What an old bag Vince is

*Censored*. This. Company.

It’s easy to destroy WWE. Yes I get it, they have money now but I’m sure they are planning for less to come in. WrestleMania is their cash cow every year and they didn’t have that this year. Also Vince is working with all the major sports and Trump, I know people joke about that but they also would be the first to have an idea of when things go back to normal. There are rumors that mass gatherings like sporting events may not be able to happen until Fall 2021. So if true, that’s another Mania that WWE would miss out on. That’s a lot of money that needs to be accounted for the future, not what they have right now.

1 minute ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

It’s easy to destroy WWE. Yes I get it, they have money now but I’m sure they are planning for less to come in. WrestleMania is their cash cow every year and they didn’t have that this year. Also Vince is working with all the major sports and Trump, I know people joke about that but they also would be the first to have an idea of when things go back to normal. There are rumors that mass gatherings like sporting events may not be able to happen until Fall 2021. So if true, that’s another Mania that WWE would miss out on. That’s a lot of money that needs to be accounted for the future, not what they have right now.

Oh please, Mania hasn't been their cash cow since the Saudi deal. 

It’s still a big part of their 1st quarter. Mainly my point is that WWE is not immune to climate of the world just because it’s WWE. It’s still a business that has to look at numbers now and what they will be in the future. Not defending WWE for cutting people, not defending anybody. Sucks for all involved.

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived