WWE 2K21 Cancelled; WWE 2K Battlegrounds announced

WWEADDICT4LIFE

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll definitely be getting this for switch & maybe PC if they make a port for it. I don’t mind MT when they’re done like the WWE games. Just extra content you want instead of play to win. Would make a fun addition to my library splitting time between Smash, AC & whatever else I play. 

IIRC....there was a rumor last year flying around that 2K wanted to add MTs into the WWE Games, well.....Battlegrounds. They'd better not add them to the main series. Pay-To-Win pisses me off. And that goes for loot boxes as well. Career Mode items shouldn't be locked. Yeah, VC can be gained ingame, but the amount we get is *censored*ing pathetic for 5 star matches.

One positive im having rn. Is that where as i thought this might sour me further on playing 2k20. I guess my urge to play 2k20 was so low already....that its only up from here.

Im actually feeling the opposite. I feel more motivated to play it since i know i have more time with it. 

Because before this news, i had barely played 2k20. I was unmotivated to do so by the glitches, roster and the fact that i keep running into things and thinking "why is this part of the game worse than it was in 2k19 or 2k18?"

Before i could just be like screw it, i'll wait for the new game in a couple months and just forget 2k20 existed. But thats no longer an option. So im kinda excited to have a game i can invest some time in. Problem is the major crashes and glitches caused by changing a superstar attire. Is what gives me pause.

I lost half an edited moveset the other day during a crash. And when i went to change Bray wyatts attire the back of his hair disappeared forever

I think they should go ahead call the next game WWE 2k21 anyway since it'll be released in 2021. (unless that gets cancelled too down the road). 

You know, I had a funny thought just now, reading over some game discussion about the concept of microtransactions.

What do you value more, your time or your money?

For me it's always been time. I've always used the accelerator dlc to unlock all in WWE games, or gameshark codes to unlock all before that. I don't want to have to grind towers, historical modes or story modes, just to use caw appearance parts and moves.

Now that 2020 showed us that they can throw out individual caw pieces like hairs, shirts, pants, moves and taunts... Rather then buy a "story tower", which is essentially what 2K originals were, and then be forced to grind through them by playing them as well, id much rather pick, say, a hair style, off the "microtransaction store" instead, personally.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not in for any randomised lootbox shite. Just constant update of creation assets which I can pick and choose what to buy from. (caw parts, moves, taunts, entrance animations, winning animations, weapons, arena props etc)

So you'd rather pay for the solution to an issue they made? That grind is designed by them, you are literally giving them money to skip the game you paid for because they made the grind for it purposefully boring frustrating and monotonous. They are creating a problem and selling you the solution for extra cash.

2 hours ago, Golden Boy® said:

I have no idea what this means

May 8: Feedback Program- if you’re unfamiliar with that it’s basically just them fielding direct feedback about each aspect of the game. Usually on 2K Forums but we’ll see how they do it this year.

May 15: they’ll talk about the type of feedback they’ve gotten so far up to that point, maybe point out patterns they’re starting to notice with what fans are saying.

May 22: They announce their biggest takeaways from fan feedback. Maybe a few things that most fans have asked for. Possibly give us an idea of what they’ll prioritize for the next game.

13 hours ago, BrandonX said:

So you'd rather pay for the solution to an issue they made? That grind is designed by them, you are literally giving them money to skip the game you paid for because they made the grind for it purposefully boring frustrating and monotonous. They are creating a problem and selling you the solution for extra cash.

Right now we don't have that option. We bought the 2K Originals shite, yet we still have to run-through both those story towers, and other towers, in order to unlock moves, like Rusev's Fireman's Carry/Roundhouse Kick combo. For starters, it shouldn't be both. If I'm paying money for content, you shouldn't then also lock said content behind a time sink/grind mechanics such as Towers.

I don't want to have to grind. Weather this is modern era in WWE2K Towers, the distant past by playing through PS1/PS2 Season Modes, completing various challenge modes or historical/story modes like RTWM or 30 Years Of WM, I have always used one method or another to bypass the whole entire unlocking thing. GameShark codes, hacking Xbox360 savedata, Accellorator Unlock All DLC...

But I don't class that as ''skipping'' any of the game. I use CAWs, Exhibition Mode and Universe Mode. I also don't really care for WWE itself, so I don't care about their in-game rosters or DLC rosters of legends - except for what new or returning moves, taunts and entrance motions they may grant me access-to. I find it especically vexxing where 2K Originals were in-game wrestlers with stupid gimmicks and not legends/newcomers, so even less possibility that there would be a lot of moves/motions that I could re-use. I don't think I looked at a single Mad Max-style armored chestplate in CAW Mode and said 'oh gee! i can make use of this!'

So yeah, given the option I would like to spend a smaller amount of money by picking and choosing individual hairstyles, moves, entrance motions, weapon skins etc. Then shelling-out for DLC Season Passes which is 99% shite I'll never have a use-for, and then have to run-through Towers in order to use the literal one or two items I am interested in.

Sorry dude, I understand where you're coming from but we're just going to have to agree to disagree, I cannot possibly imagine rewarding them with money to fix the grind they artificially implanted into the game for that exact purpose. Thats just me, you do you.

Tomorrow is the feedback project. If it’s about what to include for the next game, I will be gathering the sort of “greatest hits” of what I’ve posted the past 2 years on here. The new boss says they only look at reddit and the 2K forums, so it’s no wonder a lot of our ideas may not have fallen on the right eyes/ears.  I can only imagine what they’ve been posting on those forums.

26 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Tomorrow is the feedback project. If it’s about what to include for the next game, I will be gathering the sort of “greatest hits” of what I’ve posted the past 2 years on here. The new boss says they only look at reddit and the 2K forums, so it’s no wonder a lot of our ideas may not have fallen on the right eyes/ears.  I can only imagine what they’ve been posting on those forums.

A lot of game companies put reddit over their own forums so those two places make sense.

9 minutes ago, X-zero said:

A lot of game companies put reddit over their own forums so those two places make sense.

Yeah. I guess I just always thought we were being heard across all the forums, even though everyone is on Smacktalks these days..or Twitter. I posted so many ideas, especially last year, so I’m gonna make sure they’re heard this time. I rarely see a reddit page so maybe I should give it more of a shot? Do we get more game info there throughout the year than we do on here?

59 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah. I guess I just always thought we were being heard across all the forums, even though everyone is on Smacktalks these days..or Twitter. I posted so many ideas, especially last year, so I’m gonna make sure they’re heard this time. I rarely see a reddit page so maybe I should give it more of a shot? Do we get more game info there throughout the year than we do on here?

Probably in the future, reddit, their official forums, and maybe twitter will get the news first.  Past year no one got any information until the  game was almost released.  But that was probably them trying to hide the state of the game.

Archived