WWE 2K21 Cancelled; WWE 2K Battlegrounds announced

WWEADDICT4LIFE

Yeah, that trailer didn't impress me at all. Arcade is a hard sell on me as it is, I don't know why wrestling games feel this annoying need to make their wrestlers look like misshapen mutants.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

I’m 50/50 on your first post, I think the games do need an element of silliness to them. After all, wrestling as a whole is pretty damn silly when you think about it. For the better part of last year the WWE Champion was throwing pancakes on his way to the ring, the longest reigning IC champ is an Elvis impersonator, and that’s not touching the supernatural characters like Taker, Kane, Bray, Rosemary, etc. Things like Big Head mode aren’t hurting anyone, if you don’t like it don’t turn it on.

I agree 100% about those additions though. I loved the little tests of strength 2006 had at the start of matches.

I honestly disagree 100% with this. The current submission system we have right now is almost perfect, it takes into account pretty much every possible scenario you can think of and balances accordingly. Those old systems didn’t or couldn’t. And button mashing can stay the hell away, it just encourages you to wreck your controller. You can also crawl to the ropes with the current system, just hold the left stick while in certain submission. I will give you though that it can be hard to learn and pick up for beginners.

I wasn't aware you could crawl for the ropes in the current submission system? OK, to revise my statement, the AI should do this in CPU vs CPU matches more often. Tweak the values that initiate the animations and raise them up.

See, Kofi can have a pancake entrance, and Undertaker and Kane can do their gothic stuff in a season mode cutscene or something. What I mean is that gimmicky shite, like fiend's hands grabbing people from the underworld, or the book of the dead spellbook, the WOOO super scream. The swap arena and FrankenStrowman, Anything that's in-game/in-matches, should be reserved for gimmicky shite arcade-style games like your AllStars or Battlegrounds. Keep all that away from the main cash cow, the SmackDown/SVR/WWE2K series.

Edit: In terms of how to then push the simulation aspect forward. You can re-impliment past used mechanics and systems, and animations, that have fallen by the wayside (stamina/fatigue related things, physics for weapons and ropes), as discussed previously. You can give players greater control over areas such as CPU AI Logic, or finer detail over what we currently have (splitting ring announcer voicework from commentarry, from crowd noise and other sound effects).

You can re-add old removed match types with improvements where needed (wwe12 rtwm's war games, age of orton rtwm aka cena's gauntlet rtwm Gauntlet match, Championship Scramble match, Time Limit Title hardcore match, 3 Stages Of Hell match, Inferno, Casket, Buried Alive matches, 6Man Tag Elimination Chambers and Captain Falls 6Man Tag matches). You can give us matches we haven't ever had yet like 5v5 Survivor Series, a real 6 Pack Challenge, A Flag On A Pole match etc.

You can add more clothing for female wrestlers, more hair styles etc.

6 hours ago, glennsoe said:

NOW would be a great time to send out another one of those feedback projects and what we liked and didn't like about wwe2k20..

Guessing they would be scared to see the results after receiving them.

Here's the thing for me, it looks like shit but i play many of crappy looking games; but Arcade is a broad spectrum. I didn't like All Stars just because it was arcadey, I liked it because of the specific systems it used and the finishers in any situation setup, or the awesome move chaining. If it plays like that i'll give it a shot, but if it plays like... i dunno, *censored*ing TNA Impact or 5 Star friggin Wrestling, I'd sooner just dust off my PS2 and play HCTP.

11 minutes ago, BrandonX said:

Here's the thing for me, it looks like shit but i play many of crappy looking games; but Arcade is a broad spectrum. I didn't like All Stars just because it was arcadey, I liked it because of the specific systems it used and the finishers in any situation setup, or the awesome move chaining. If it plays like that i'll give it a shot, but if it plays like... i dunno, *censored*ing TNA Impact or 5 Star friggin Wrestling, I'd sooner just dust off my PS2 and play HCTP.

Eh? All-stars was literally TNA Impact 2 with action-figure fighters and gravity turned to "moon" setting. It was the same developers and same engine tweaked a little.

28 minutes ago, ksdixon said:

Eh? All-stars was literally TNA Impact 2 with action-figure fighters and gravity turned to "moon" setting. It was the same developers and same engine tweaked a little.

It was the same engine, but it played very differently. The engine is not the be all and end all of gameplay.

1 hour ago, cmhunter7g2 said:

I can't get into it if they have big goofy bodies and things. It's gotta look realistic.

That's just me, though.

Same, when it comes to sports games I like my realism. I want my wrestling game to be true to life as possible. I guess that's why I don't use legends that much. My imagination has got so boring since I became an adult. :lol:

I’m 32 years old. Lol. Switch the numbers around and I don’t even think 23 year old me would’ve approved of this game. I don’t even think 13 year old me would’ve wanted to play this. This is a game for children and I’m going solely on the graphics here.

Can’t knock the gameplay because I haven’t seen enough of it, but it looks like it’ll have about the same sales as whatever Crush Hour got, if that. It isn’t All Stars and I didn’t even like that game because of the graphics. If it’s something that was made cheaply, though, it would make a little sense. I love 2K for where they’ve been taking the franchise with the exception of 20, but I don’t know who thought of putting this game together thinking they’d get some sort of noteworthy return on their investment of time and money. I HATE to slam something without giving a chance at my age, but c’mon, just look at it.

I don’t mind microtransactions if the content is worth it. It’s a way to make more money than just the game itself and it’s DLC. And I’m all about more money going towards the WWE games. It gives corporate a better look at how much of a cash grab WWE games can actually be and maybe they’ll be less inclined to ever slash any budgets around our neck of the woods. Look at Champions.. people eat that microtransaction shit up. It’s fun. And Fortnite? Forget about it....making bank all day.

I’m just saying, 2K.....creators are working harder than ever every year to put out top notch creations and help give your games their replayability where maybe there isn’t so much. Give my people Support A Creator. My people are clearly doing more for your product than any “influencer”.  Hell, we influenced the influencers to go do what they’re doing. Give caw creators a chance. 

If 2K is making money therefore Visual Concepts and WWE and it’s superstars are all getting the trickle-down from it, I’m all about it. Not you nor anyone has to buy any of what they sell. But if it’s something cool, why not? Would I pay a few bucks to possibly get a limited time Bruno Sammartino or something? Sure. Let’s see their execution of it first. Ironically I say this after trashing the game itself. Lol. I’m just tired of the money argument. 

Depends on the type of microtransactions how bad it could be.

The least scummy in a full retail game is the direct buy. You want to buy this it will be this amount.

The middle ground is what I assume they will use. Loot boxes with that are finite. One where you can't roll repeats.

The worst case will be infinite lootboxes were you can get repeats.

Archived