WWE 2K21 Cancelled; WWE 2K Battlegrounds announced

WWEADDICT4LIFE

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if ur not going to do Allstars 2, fine....but dont give me an Allstars knock off at the least. 

Im between a rock and a hard place. Because 2k20 is still very much broken and it seems they dont intend to fix it.

But i can't go back to 2k19....since now 2k20 has a ton of moves from DLC that i'll be missing out on. And the fact that my 2k19 save corrupted (just like nearly every wwe 2k game does to me after a year). So i have no interest in starting over in that game. But i kinda hate playing 2k20.

Also I'm a bit worried about this new guy they're bringing in. Being an industry veteran doesnt mean *Censored* all if hes not a fan of wrestling and doesnt understand it.

I see a lot of conclusions being made about this game without having seen how it actually plays. If it plays at all like All-Stars then count me in but I’m not deciding off of 26 seconds of heavily edited footage.

My hope here is that this scratches the itch of everybody always asking for more arcadey style gameplay in the main series. So annoying seeing all these publications and Youtubers every year like “10 Ways to Make WWE 2K Better. #1: Arcade Gameplay!” No other series has fans that do this. If Battlegrounds is great, and I’m praying it is, then WWE 2K22 and onward need to be unapologetically sim. The odd hybrid we keep getting just lowers the ceiling of how satisfying the game can be for fans of wrestling.

3 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

t i can't go back to 2k19....since now 2k20 has a ton of moves from DLC that i'll be missing out on.

Basically what's keeping me in 2K20 lol even though I still have my 2K19 copy.

2K Battlegrounds looks like a mobile knockoff of All Starts but we'll see.

I will probably give it at least rental no matter how bad it is. That is too long with anything new wrestling wise. Unless AEW or someone else wants to break out a new game in between that time. It is nice to hear they will leave 2K19 server up a little longer

This new game looks pretty goofy looking. With the dlc we got and the new release coming this year, people at 2k really have a goofy itch they’re scratching the shit out of.

its a shame. The series had a good run of improvIng from 2k16-2k19 And then they mess it up.

51 minutes ago, X-zero said:

I will probably give it at least rental no matter how bad it is. That is too long with anything new wrestling wise. Unless AEW or someone else wants to break out a new game in between that time. It is nice to hear they will leave 2K19 server up a little longer

Retromania Wrestling comes out this summer, and the console version of Chikara: Action Arcade Wrestling could come out in a few months to. 

1 hour ago, X-zero said:

Yeah, I agree about the server. 

Take every goofy thing like big head mode, colored movement swishes, silly powers and stages, arcade gameplay... And keep it the hell away from the bread and butter money maker WWE 2K series.

Those games need to go full simulation style. Go back to the 2015 better fatigued moves animations and stamina systems. Re-do SVR 2006's double 10 count when both guys are spent on the mat. Re-do 2015's crawling to pin with the last of energy. 2011's interactive ropes and reactive weapos etc.

Re-do submissions to variety of different styles like classic SD games with mash buttons, timing based hit the "release zone". Let us crawl to the ropes in a submission submission for a rope break, or choose to hold onto it until the count of 5 if we're applying it. Let us drop the arm in a sleeper submission like 2006. Etc etc

44 minutes ago, ksdixon said:

Take every goofy thing like big head mode, colored movement swishes, silly powers and stages, arcade gameplay... And keep it the hell away from the bread and butter money maker WWE 2K series.

Those games need to go full simulation style. Go back to the 2015 better fatigued moves animations and stamina systems. Re-do SVR 2006's double 10 count when both guys are spent on the mat. Re-do 2015's crawling to pin with the last of energy. 2011's interactive ropes and reactive weapos etc.

Re-do submissions to variety of different styles like classic SD games with mash buttons, timing based hit the "release zone". Let us crawl to the ropes in a submission submission for a rope break, or choose to hold onto it until the count of 5 if we're applying it. Let us drop the arm in a sleeper submission like 2006. Etc etc

I’m 50/50 on your first post, I think the games do need an element of silliness to them. After all, wrestling as a whole is pretty damn silly when you think about it. For the better part of last year the WWE Champion was throwing pancakes on his way to the ring, the longest reigning IC champ is an Elvis impersonator, and that’s not touching the supernatural characters like Taker, Kane, Bray, Rosemary, etc. Things like Big Head mode aren’t hurting anyone, if you don’t like it don’t turn it on.

I agree 100% about those additions though. I loved the little tests of strength 2006 had at the start of matches.

I honestly disagree 100% with this. The current submission system we have right now is almost perfect, it takes into account pretty much every possible scenario you can think of and balances accordingly. Those old systems didn’t or couldn’t. And button mashing can stay the hell away, it just encourages you to wreck your controller. You can also crawl to the ropes with the current system, just hold the left stick while in certain submission. I will give you though that it can be hard to learn and pick up for beginners.

Archived