WWE 2K21 Cancelled; WWE 2K Battlegrounds announced

WWEADDICT4LIFE

It's a shame if this is true.

As bad as games are I never go back to older games and Ive stayed with 2k19 to enjoy playing a wrestling game. They should've stayed with yukes until they on their own couldve had something to stand on. Yukes I'm sure aren't innocent and probably made it a "you're *censored*ed if you leave us" situation and probably made 2k19 as good they could so 2k's attempt wouldnt compare. I give 2k the credit of being more about creativity which I've been pushing for this game but once they had those chains off, they did horribly with creative freedom which was their big argument leaving yukes (I'm sure it was about cost to make more for them). Hopefully they figure the shit out since I feel 2k has potential on its own to create a good wrestling game but right the series feels like scraps of something that used to be good.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BrandonX said:

I disagree. Look, I get that 2K20 was an absolute disaster. It's disgusting that it's even legal to release a game in the state it's in, but Yukes are no angels. I'm not going to go in on private conversations I've had regarding them, but summarized they are heavily guilty of complacency and coding that would almost resemble big rigs.

2K20 was an absolute monstrosity, and there is no argument that 2K needs to track down just who the hell bungled up that badly (is it that idiot director who decided to have the game base itself on 2K18 instead of 19 and focus heavily on fantasy elements? Is it the new guys they came in having absolutely no idea how to code? Are their testers just absolutely refusing to do their jobs? All of the above? Theres no denying someone dropped the ball heavily and needs to he reprimanded or let go over it) but Yukes coasted on owning the engine the game used and until now, had nothing at all to worry about since 2K could hardly fire them in that situation.

Now hopefully, everything that's happened as well as new competition on the horizon is the enormous kick in the ass 2K (and Yukes with their own game they said they're working on) need.

Regardless Yuke's makes wrestling games, it's what they do..... My point is that the second Yuke's was out of the picture the whole series went to hell. 

12 hours ago, TheNoOneM1 said:

If the game doesn’t get postponed  I’d be curious if they could even mo-cap new stuff (unless it was already done before the restrictions on work/travel).

If I were to pull a wild guess out of my ass I’m thinking 2K21 will get skipped over and we’ll get 2K22 in October 2021.

If 2K21 does get skipped, it would be nice if 2K19’s servers stayed up as they don’t need to invest money for 2K21 servers anymore.

Don't they start body scanning for the next game around Survivor Series time? Or the Royal Rumble? And I think they finish that around May, this is going off bits of info I seen in I think 2016, that 2k was at Suvivor Series 2016 scanning, whether it's true or not I don't know.  I suppose DLC has a extended period of time, probably SummerSlam. Would Mo-Cap be done throughout the year starting the same time as scanning or is it after? I'd guess little to no Mo-Cappings been done. Could 2K rock up to the PC after WWE has been declared essential? 

The new guys they've probably scanned for 2k21, like Dijakovic, Kushida, Theory etc, had their moves put in 2k20, they could just release them for 2k20 if 21 gets cancelled. I think there were plans for Dijakovic and Kushida to be in the game at least, a fair amount of their moves were added and I'd perhaps go as far as saying maybe their entrances were maybe mo-capped. Dijakovic said he wasn't scanned so I think it was nixed at some point for *sigh* Originals. If 2k21 is cancelled give us the new guys they've scanned, if certain people don't have their moves, I don't mind, I bet there's decent alternatives that'll do the job, it's not like many of us haven't had to make do before the days of DLC to get a somewhat accurate caw. 

This is all wishful thinking though, they'd have to pay those to be in the game and I can't see them doing that while there's a lot of economic uncertainty. With 2K20 flopping so badly that the profits are down they wouldn't want less than they've already got, even though they could make a fortune on a second season pass. There's two options I think, we either get 2k21 or it's cancelled and what we've got with 2k20 is what we've got, won't even see new patches when things can even try and get back to normal. 

This is just me pure speculating as there's not much to do. :lol:

22 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

1: Yes. Time and time and time again we’ve had bullshit artists claim to have “inside information” only to be full of bullshit. Remember King Moe, or that 2K insider dude? Not only that but his only connection is 8 years old at best. 

2: Point taken, but you’d think that they would keep their gobs shut. 

3: Where have I said we’ll get anything from 2K soon? All I have said is don’t believe anything unless it comes the actual people who make the games, as opposed to some random guy who wants to be YouTube famous for a bit by piggy backing off an 8-year old connection. Maybe you’re not familiar with how people like this can cause rumours, which become “facts”,  which becomes people backlashing against 2K because they “failed to keep promises” they never even made in the first place? Don’t get me wrong, 2K are far from saints, but there has been numerous times when backlash against them has not been warranted. People like this are usually talking out their backside when it comes to stuff like this.

I know these guys, but guess what. Justin actually works in the gaming industry. And just because he hasn't worked on a WWE game in a long time, doesn't mean he has absolutely no connections to the guys working on WWE games. He lives in Japan, where Yuke's is at, who have been working on WWE games until WWE 2K20. And most recently he was part of projects like Death Stranding, so this clearly isn't some nobody that hasn't done anything relevant since working on the SvR games. 

The chances that he has some connections are way higher than guys like KingMoe's. 

12 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

You mean the bog standard response that every company uses? You think WWE would respond to rumours about the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV? And even if they did shut it down, your response would have been “what do you expect them to say? Of course they’ll deny leaks”.

No, denying leaks would mean that they'd say "THIS IS 100% WRONG! There will be a WWE 2K21 this year, and we'll give you more information about that game in the months to come". That would be them denying that there are any leaks and rumors, but in this case they just said that they won't comment on them. Which at least turns this into a 50/50 situation. 

The only people that have any control over a rumor turning out being 100% false or real in this situation, are 2K themselves. So why wouldn't they straight up tell us that they are wrong, if you are so sure that Justin Leeper is just spewing out nonsense, like others did before? And did any of them ever get a statement out of 2K? Did 2K ever make any comments about the stuff guys like KingMoe "leaked"? 

4 hours ago, MADNESS_NH_97 said:

No, denying leaks would mean that they'd say "THIS IS 100% WRONG! There will be a WWE 2K21 this year, and we'll give you more information about that game in the months to come". That would be them denying that there are any leaks and rumors, but in this case they just said that they won't comment on them. Which at least turns this into a 50/50 situation. 

The only people that have any control over a rumor turning out being 100% false or real in this situation, are 2K themselves. So why wouldn't they straight up tell us that they are wrong, if you are so sure that Justin Leeper is just spewing out nonsense, like others did before? And did any of them ever get a statement out of 2K? Did 2K ever make any comments about the stuff guys like KingMoe "leaked"? 

Regarding your first post:

OK, I’ll give you that I didn’t know Justin still worked in the industry, but even so, I’ve seen this whole song & dance time and time and time again, where someone pops out of nowhere claiming to have a “leak” or their barber works at 2K and gave them a scoop. Time will tell if Justin is legit.

Regarding your second post:

Why would they break their news schedule? They have a timeframe when everything is released, original announcement, cover star, pre-order bonus, roster, etc. Giving out a “yes 2K21 will be released” would break that. You could have asked them this time last year if 2K20 would have been cancelled, you’d have likely gotten a very similar response. Not only that, but look at who asked them. Talk Sport are a fairly big sports news site here in the UK, it isn’t just a random fan asking. 

18 hours ago, Dreamer1084 said:

Regardless Yuke's makes wrestling games, it's what they do..... My point is that the second Yuke's was out of the picture the whole series went to hell. 

I'm not disagreeing with that, VC clearly wasn't ready and should've had some kind of plan in place but didn't. And hopefully without a future guarantee for Yukes anymore, they'll actually try with their new game. I'm just saying that Yukes has never been guiltless.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Yukes split from them on their own to make their own game.

they said they wanted to make another wrestling game to help them make WWE games even better. 

then they were suddenly told they werent making WWE games anymore

they got fired

Now here's my fear...

We won't get the type of game we're used-to when this 2 year lead-in ''WWE 2K22'' releases. We'll get something more restricted, more in-line with other sports games, like Madden giving you 6 default faces. When we bitch, it will be 'we emulate what's on WWE TV' excuse. Except, you know, when they want to put arcade bollocks in there like magic spellbook weapons and zombies...

I really believe that IF they release a 21 or even had planned to release one, they would had taken the current game, copy/paste everything and fixed the Content as far as possible by only taking out the released Superstars and adding a few others so they can say they build a new game. 

If they don't release a game or work on a "new one" this year then there is no excuse  why they can't release another bunch of updates to fix the current game that is unplayable for many People (including me).

25 minutes ago, Saturi said:

I really believe that IF they release a 21 or even had planned to release one, they would had taken the current game, copy/paste everything and fixed the Content as far as possible by only taking out the released Superstars and adding a few others so they can say they build a new game. 

If they don't release a game or work on a "new one" this year then there is no excuse  why they can't release another bunch of updates to fix the current game that is unplayable for many People (including me).

.. Because the vast majority of the patches already released barely fixed anything they said they fixed and consistently added new problems? I mean I agree but they need to bother actually testing these patches before they go live.

2 minutes ago, BrandonX said:

.. Because the vast majority of the patches already released barely fixed anything they said they fixed and consistently added new problems? I mean I agree but they need to bother actually testing these patches before they go live.

You are Right and I'm VERY dissappointed. Payed 100€ for a piece of Software I never use at all. No proper cawing possible, no universe play without glitches and Bugs possible.

My two main modes of the series not playable for me so I dont even bother to load the game. The last time it was after the last patch only to see if they fixed anything.

Yet I just want to hope that if they might actually put some effort into Fixing the current title since they have the time and no excuses not doing it now.

1 minute ago, Saturi said:

You are Right and I'm VERY dissappointed. Payed 100€ for a piece of Software I never use at all. No proper cawing possible, no universe play without glitches and Bugs possible.

My two main modes of the series not playable for me so I dont even bother to load the game. The last time it was after the last patch only to see if they fixed anything.

Yet I just want to hope that if they might actually put some effort into Fixing the current title since they have the time and no excuses not doing it now.

I agree with you, one hundred percent. I'm just as worried about being stuck with the broken mess for an additional year. I'm just equally worried they'll take a "scorched earth, cut our losses" approach.

I'm guessing Leeper was right for once. Looks like they're cancelling 2k21 and releasing some arcade crap, saves me money for Avengers and Cyberpunk I suppose. :lol:

What's annoying is, If they hadn't given us this originals bollocks and gave us proper DLC we'd probably have the most up-to-date roster we've probably ever seen, except for the odd few, and I'm guessing over the next 18 months the roster won't change that much with all this going on and WWE hasn't been signing everyone lately. Also we won't get a working game for 18 months. 

1 hour ago, snakebiteSB said:

I'm guessing Leeper was right for once. Looks like they're cancelling 2k21 and releasing some arcade crap, saves me money for Avengers and Cyberpunk I suppose. :lol:

What's annoying is, If they hadn't given us this originals bollocks and gave us proper DLC we'd probably have the most up-to-date roster we've probably ever seen, except for the odd few, and I'm guessing over the next 18 months the roster won't change that much with all this going on and WWE hasn't been signing everyone lately. Also we won't get a working game for 18 months. 

How do you know an arcade game would automatically be crap? Do All Stars 2 with a nice chunk of features, matches, moves and a pretty big enough roster, the game could be one of the best wwe games of all game or at least just a whole lot of fun 

Archived