Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WWEADDICT4LIFE

WWE 2K21 Cancelled; WWE 2K Battlegrounds announced

Recommended Posts

Not really surprising. Most developers and Sony themselves  have stated that No new AAA titles are gonna release in 2020 now... not because they can't finish things. but its all got to do with creating the disc's and shipping goods and marketing etc.

The only games we'll get maybe until March 2021 will be Indy titles or digital only releases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are people still believing this idiot? Don’t you think if this was true we’d hear a press release from 2K themselves rather than a nobody whose biggest claim to them was working on a mode that hasn’t been seen in like 8 years, and never actually worked for 2K?

 

TL:DR: Don’t believe anything unless 2K themselves say it, this guy is full of shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

Maybe they can put more energy into 20 then

Love the optimism, but I'm not re-installing the game until I see otherwise.

*shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t say he’s full of shit but I wouldn’t take his word for gospel either. I’d chalk it up to something to consider a possibility but not completely dismiss. I agree with the part on him having some minor ass role almost a decade ago breaking news though lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

Wouldn’t say he’s full of shit but I wouldn’t take his word for gospel either. I’d chalk it up to something to consider a possibility but not completely dismiss. I agree with the part on him having some minor ass role almost a decade ago breaking news though lmao 

I would. The only thing he has to back him up is working on the games almost a decade ago, and he never seems to actually back anything up, claiming his “sources” even when people like Timschel who actually do work at 2K right now call him out and say he has nothing. Hell, I’ll be the first to admit I think 2K21 will be affected somewhat by this, I made a thread about a week ago detailing how I feel it could be affected, but I never treated my opinions as fact like this moron is doing. I’ll repeat it again, and I suspect I’ll have to in the future. If 2K21 was going to be delayed or cancelled, don’t you think we’d hear about it from 2K themselves, over some jabroni whose only “sources” are his imagination and his arsehole?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, King RyderFan said:

I would. The only thing he has to back him up is working on the games almost a decade ago, and he never seems to actually back anything up, claiming his “sources” even when people like Timschel who actually do work at 2K right now call him out and say he has nothing. Hell, I’ll be the first to admit I think 2K21 will be affected somewhat by this, I made a thread about a week ago detailing how I feel it could be affected, but I never treated my opinions as fact like this moron is doing. I’ll repeat it again, and I suspect I’ll have to in the future. If 2K21 was going to be delayed or cancelled, don’t you think we’d hear about it from 2K themselves, over some jabroni whose only “sources” are his imagination and his arsehole?

Your opinion on this, is pretty much my feelings on Leeper. The guy loves the sound of his own voice, and as you said, he passes his opinions off as if they're facts, he's very good at spinning things that way tbf. 

The one game I hope that perhaps gets cancelled is Fifa, I could see EA updating the kits and leagues when the season finally finishes. Fifa the last 3 years maybe more has just been a reskin from previous years with horrible story modes. If these 2 games get cancelled, I guess I'll be having Avengers and Cyberpunk for my birthday.:lol: unless they get delayed again. 

Edited by snakebiteSB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only April. The announcement of a new game happens close to or around May, when they announce the quarterly earnings to investors.

I think, for what it's worth, the truth seemingly lies in-between. Probably, and this is my guess here, 2K21 isn't going to even sniff a fall 2020 launch date. Will most likely miss it entirely, and be released next March, in time for Wrestlemania. 2K probably just ports a mobile game to console to meet the contract stipulations and buys time to get 2K21 actually done (if possible). Won't be pretty but I think that's the most realistic idea in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apart from hoping they use any extension to sort the current issues out for the next game, I'm also hoping this starts a release shortly after WrestleMania each year when stuff restarts in WWE anyway. Never made that much sense that we get a game halfway (or longer) through what is the WWE season (Mania - Mania). This would also put it on par with many Sports games that are released around the start of each season. I've heard the argument that the roster wouldn't be as up to date but we always have outdated rosters when the game launches anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing on the 2K Forums or their homepage about WWE2K21 being cancelled.

So until 2K gives an official announcement about it then any news about WWE2K21 alledgely being cancelled (such as the video) is a rumour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be against 2K21 getting cancelled or delayed (especially if it means 2K20 getting more patches, 2K20s content getting patched into 2K19, or 2K21 getting longer dev time) but I dont trust a word this dude says. Pure conjecture, i know our source is always more trustworthy than him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If true they deserve it after the last game. But I am hoping it is false because it will take a lot of years to get back where we are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2K21 is supposedly getting cancelled but a different wwe game is releasing this year?...All Stars 2!?

 

Part of me hopes this is true so they can focus on 2K22 on next gen but it would also be weird not to have a new wrestling/wwe game in the franchise this year and I need my wrestling game fix every year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think  it should be. If they can cancel this year and put the effort into fixing 2022 game, which will be a PS5 , Series x game. I don't want another repeat of 15 with a bare bones game again. This years game was so insanely bad I dont know how anyone can even want another game this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Taurus said:

There is nothing on the 2K Forums or their homepage about WWE2K21 being cancelled.

So until 2K gives an official announcement about it then any news about WWE2K21 alledgely being cancelled (such as the video) is a rumour.

 

Why would there be anything on the 2K Forums? They bann everything that isn't 100% confirmed by 2K, even it is 100% real and going to happen. For example when the Smackdown Edition got leaked by retailers. You couldn't mention it at all, until 2K announced it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

I would. The only thing he has to back him up is working on the games almost a decade ago, and he never seems to actually back anything up, claiming his “sources” even when people like Timschel who actually do work at 2K right now call him out and say he has nothing. Hell, I’ll be the first to admit I think 2K21 will be affected somewhat by this, I made a thread about a week ago detailing how I feel it could be affected, but I never treated my opinions as fact like this moron is doing. I’ll repeat it again, and I suspect I’ll have to in the future. If 2K21 was going to be delayed or cancelled, don’t you think we’d hear about it from 2K themselves, over some jabroni whose only “sources” are his imagination and his arsehole?

1. Back up what? How is he supposed to back up anything? "Hey guys, it's THAT GUY from 2K that told me everything you want to know". You do realize that this would cost people's jobs right? Or do you seriously expect him to reveal absolutely everything, no matter the consequences? 

2. And what do you expect people like Timschell, that work for 2K to do? Of course they are denying everything anyone that leaks information.  Has any game developer or publisher ever straight up confirmed the stuff people leak(that end up being true), the moment it got out? 


3. Why do you expect 2K themselves to announce anything right now? They couldn't even be 100% transparent about WWE 2K20. They couldn't even tell their paying customers, that they are sorry for putting out a faulty game. All they do is make a bunch of meaningless social media posts, and ignore every kind of criticism, by both the community, all the YouTubers that they invite to their events every year, or all the gaming magazines. None of them could get a straight up statement from either WWE, 2K or Visual Concepts. We didn't even officially about WWE 2K20, until months later than 2K14-19 usually got revealed, because of all the stuff that happened with Yuke's & 2K. 

I don't 100% trust the guy either, and I won't until 2K makes an official statement, but constantly insulting him(which won't get you any further, if you actually want him to back up his claims), and acting as if 2K is such a transparent company, that would obviously tell us everything we want and need to know, as their paying customers, is just nonsense & completely naive.  

But I doubt we'll get a statement from them until the next 3-4 months, because they couldn't even tell us about 2K20, within the usual timefrime of them announcing their games for the first time. 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MADNESS_NH_97 said:

1. Back up what? How is he supposed to back up anything? "Hey guys, it's THAT GUY from 2K that told me everything you want to know". You do realize that this would cost people's jobs right? Or do you seriously expect him to reveal absolutely everything, no matter the consequences? 

2. And what do you expect people like Timschell, that work for 2K to do? Of course they are denying everything anyone that leaks information.  Has any game developer or publisher ever straight up confirmed the stuff people leak(that end up being true), the moment it got out? 


3. Why do you expect 2K themselves to announce anything right now? They couldn't even be 100% transparent about WWE 2K20. They couldn't even tell their paying customers, that they are sorry for putting out a faulty game. All they do is make a bunch of meaningless social media posts, and ignore every kind of criticism, by both the community, all the YouTubers that they invite to their events every year, or all the gaming magazines. None of them could get a straight up statement from either WWE, 2K or Visual Concepts. We didn't even officially about WWE 2K20, until months later than 2K14-19 usually got revealed, because of all the stuff that happened with Yuke's & 2K. 

I don't 100% trust the guy either, and I won't until 2K makes an official statement, but constantly insulting him(which won't get you any further, if you actually want him to back up his claims), and acting as if 2K is such a transparent company, that would obviously tell us everything we want and need to know, as their paying customers, is just nonsense & completely naive.  

But I doubt we'll get a statement from them until the next 3-4 months, because they couldn't even tell us about 2K20, within the usual timefrime of them announcing their games for the first time. 

 


 

1: Yes. Time and time and time again we’ve had bullshit artists claim to have “inside information” only to be full of bullshit. Remember King Moe, or that 2K insider dude? Not only that but his only connection is 8 years old at best. 

 

2: Point taken, but you’d think that they would keep their gobs shut. 
 

3: Where have I said we’ll get anything from 2K soon? All I have said is don’t believe anything unless it comes the actual people who make the games, as opposed to some random guy who wants to be YouTube famous for a bit by piggy backing off an 8-year old connection. Maybe you’re not familiar with how people like this can cause rumours, which become “facts”,  which becomes people backlashing against 2K because they “failed to keep promises” they never even made in the first place? Don’t get me wrong, 2K are far from saints, but there has been numerous times when backlash against them has not been warranted. People like this are usually talking out their backside when it comes to stuff like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think that a company like 2K Games, should be able to just straight up, 100% confirm that these rumors are false, if they are indeed 100% false. 

Yet they basically decide to just ignore their existence. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Losing Yuke's will continue to bite 2K in the ass, they were the heart and soul of the WWE games for 20 years.  It wouldn't surprise me if the game gets canceled this year in order to reboot the series but it still sucks when you look forward to a yearly wrestling game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the game doesn’t get postponed  I’d be curious if they could even mo-cap new stuff (unless it was already done before the restrictions on work/travel).

 

If I were to pull a wild guess out of my ass I’m thinking 2K21 will get skipped over and we’ll get 2K22 in October 2021.

 

If 2K21 does get skipped, it would be nice if 2K19’s servers stayed up as they don’t need to invest money for 2K21 servers anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MADNESS_NH_97 said:

You'd think that a company like 2K Games, should be able to just straight up, 100% confirm that these rumors are false, if they are indeed 100% false. 

Yet they basically decide to just ignore their existence. 

 

 

You mean the bog standard response that every company uses? You think WWE would respond to rumours about the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV? And even if they did shut it down, your response would have been “what do you expect them to say? Of course they’ll deny leaks”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreamer1084 said:

Losing Yuke's will continue to bite 2K in the ass, they were the heart and soul of the WWE games for 20 years.  It wouldn't surprise me if the game gets canceled this year in order to reboot the series but it still sucks when you look forward to a yearly wrestling game. 

I disagree. Look, I get that 2K20 was an absolute disaster. It's disgusting that it's even legal to release a game in the state it's in, but Yukes are no angels. I'm not going to go in on private conversations I've had regarding them, but summarized they are heavily guilty of complacency and coding that would almost resemble big rigs.

2K20 was an absolute monstrosity, and there is no argument that 2K needs to track down just who the hell bungled up that badly (is it that idiot director who decided to have the game base itself on 2K18 instead of 19 and focus heavily on fantasy elements? Is it the new guys they came in having absolutely no idea how to code? Are their testers just absolutely refusing to do their jobs? All of the above? Theres no denying someone dropped the ball heavily and needs to he reprimanded or let go over it) but Yukes coasted on owning the engine the game used and until now, had nothing at all to worry about since 2K could hardly fire them in that situation.

Now hopefully, everything that's happened as well as new competition on the horizon is the enormous kick in the ass 2K (and Yukes with their own game they said they're working on) need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...