Official WWE Money In The Bank Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, Crazy. said:

Otis... Yeah, I'm not really down with him winning. But I don't think he'll go for a world title. And even if he does, I don't see him winning. All in all, feels like a waste. I like him but he's another example of WWE trying too hard to get someone they like over by giving them too much too fast. It hardly ever works out. 

this is literally the only accolade the guy has, lmao.

And I doubt he is becoming a world champion any time soon. And dude got over "on his own" with his character work even before they really started to push the storyline with Mandy. And I don't even like the story, but I like him, and it worked for him. 

It's literally not "worthless".

But they should have nix the concept for a while years ago, since it only seems like an inconvience to their booking plans. I know it's easier for them to have the whole year mapped out, but that's what ruins the gimmick matches. The only "gimmick" PPV that makes sense is the Royal Rumble. I also get that they wanted to make MITB PPV like a version of the "5th big PPV", but it isn't, nevermind the earlier succssess that it had. 

2 hours ago, AONO. said:

It's literally not "worthless".

But they should have nix the concept for a while years ago, since it only seems like an inconvience to their booking plans. I know it's easier for them to have the whole year mapped out, but that's what ruins the gimmick matches. The only "gimmick" PPV that makes sense is the Royal Rumble. I also get that they wanted to make MITB PPV like a version of the "5th big PPV", but it isn't, nevermind the earlier succssess that it had. 

I mean, I understand why Extreme Rules is a separate ppv. But the ruined it in like 2014 when they when to that hideous X logo. That shows whole look goes against its purpose. It looks so corporate like "hey kids! This is super rad!".  

19 hours ago, AONO. said:

this is literally the only accolade the guy has, lmao.

And I doubt he is becoming a world champion any time soon. And dude got over "on his own" with his character work even before they really started to push the storyline with Mandy. And I don't even like the story, but I like him, and it worked for him. 

Winning the Royal Rumble was the only accolade Del Rio had in WWE by the end of January 2011. By the end of the year, he was also MITB winner and a multi-time WWE Champion. That's what I'm talking about. It just feels like it was super early for him to win the briefcase, and it feels like a waste either way. He was essentially a tag team performer a couple of months earlier, had a solo side feud with Ziggler which he won... then apparently became a solo performer... and then just won MITB. It was just unnecessary. It doesn't matter if it's the only accolade he has so far and he got over organically, he shouldn't have been winning the MITB considering he shouldn't be world champion anytime soon and if he's going to cash in for any other title (IC, Tag Team), then it's simply a waste considering he already has a good enough background to easily go for any of those titles without the briefcase.

Archived