Official WWE Money In The Bank Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I would change would be rather than Corbin not wanting Asuka to win (for whatever reason), have Asuka win the case and sit at the top of the ladder celebrating/dancing while Corbin climbs to try and get the Men's case. It would make more sense as to why Corbin wants Asuka off the ladder. Asuka, of course, would be offended by this as she wants to bask in her victory, hence the attack on Corbin. 

7 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

I guess I'm the only one here who hated the match. The action was clunky and phony looking. The music was cheap and awkwardly placed. And the comedy was the typical WWE humor that is apparently so beloved now. 

didn't hate it, but can't say I liked it. and didn't see as fun as some others did. It seemed like a Royal Rumble commercial to me. And yeah, that music wasn't needed lmao

They've tried blending a cinematic style (maybe20-30%?), and backstage brawl/promo style with comedy. Idk, I can't say it worked that well, and had some typical WWE humor which is not for me (except Otis I guess, I like his work lol). 

I think the Steph bit threw me out A LOT, that production... jfc. And the awkward Cole announcing in the end too... A lot of it felt waaay to cheap. 

5 hours ago, glennsoe said:

The ladder matches reminded me of a bad SNL skit..

Some of it was entertaining whilst most were cringeworthy..

It reminded me of a live-action Disney/Nickelodeon show.

1 hour ago, AONO. said:

They've tried blending a cinematic style (maybe20-30%?), and backstage brawl/promo style with comedy. Idk, I can't say it worked that well, and had some typical WWE humor which is not for me (except Otis I guess, I like his work lol). 

Yeah, I saw some call it a cinematic match (which I'm not a fan of either lol) but other than the music, this was shot like the usual backstage brawl we've gotten for years.

He can just wait til Jinder becomes champ again.

Does it say something about me that the only matches I've gone back and rewatched immediately the morning after this year have been the MITB match, the Boneyard match and PAC/Cassidy? :lol:

53 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

He can just wait til Jinder becomes champ again.

Does it say something about me that the only matches I've gone back and rewatched immediately the morning after this year have been the MITB match, the Boneyard match and PAC/Cassidy? :lol:

It says you're a sports entertainment fan.

---

I gotta say... even though I'm a Asuka fan, I'm not very enthusiastic about her being the MITB winner. I really don't want to see Becky/Asuka again this soon which seems to be the direction they're going  to go considering we have that confrontation with Becky tonight (not to mention I don't see Becky losing her belt anytime soon since she has no worthy competitors left). There's a chance she'll deny Becky a fight, but I don't see that lasting long cause I would think she would want her win back from Becky asap.

11 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

---

I gotta say... even though I'm a Asuka fan, I'm not very enthusiastic about her being the MITB winner. I really don't want to see Becky/Asuka again this soon which seems to be the direction they're going  to go considering we have that confrontation with Becky tonight (not to mention I don't see Becky losing her belt anytime soon since she has no worthy competitors left). There's a chance she'll deny Becky a fight, but I don't see that lasting long cause I would think she would want her win back from Becky asap.

same. however, I would much rather let her keep the briefcase for a while, until after Becky loses the title. And I really hope that they will do that, otherwise there was again no point in MITB. Nevermind the fact that we've basically just seen Becky vs Asuka a couple of times. 

Both womens division really suck tbh. And they *censored*ed up by not giving Shayna the title. That would freshen up a lot of things. Same with Bayley... it's not like her heel persona was ever exciting, but they are just beating a dead horse for no reason. Waiting for Summerslam for a Sasha vs Bayley feud, or what? 

I'm with you for the sake of Asuka having a fresher feud with someone else but like I said, I don't think that scenario meshes well with Asuka's character. As long as Becky is champ, I don't see why Asuka would want to stall and hold that briefcase for long. To me, she badly wants her win back from Becky and now is her shot.

Shayna losing to Becky at WM showed such poor judgment and everything since has continued to make her feel less important. 

Bayley has gotten a tiny bit better since she stopped being so mopey, but she's still not very interesting to me. I can't say I'm too bothered with them taking their time with the Sasha feud so far. If nothing pivotal happens in the next month or two, though, then I think I might get a little pissy. lol

That shit was pathetic lol Not a fan of bringing back that character with the original dead. But guys in the indies bring in a Doink all the time.

1 hour ago, PaperThinWalls said:

---

Thats why she'll lose to Asuka.

Decent show. McIntyre/Rollins was MOTN for me. Liked Braun/Bray too, cool storytelling involved there. MITB match(es?)... I'm not sure. There were parts that were really enjoyable, but some felt forced. I felt it perhaps relied a bit too much on comedy. Some more serious action could have been nice considering how huge the stakes were. 

Also felt the women's ladder match ended quite abruptly. There were like, what, just three women left competing towards the end? Right choice for the winner though. 

Otis... Yeah, I'm not really down with him winning. But I don't think he'll go for a world title. And even if he does, I don't see him winning. All in all, feels like a waste. I like him but he's another example of WWE trying too hard to get someone they like over by giving them too much too fast. It hardly ever works out. 

Oh, and *Censored* Tamina. Can she please go back to being utterly irrelevant now? 10 *censored*ing years in the damn company and she still sucks donkey balls. Just get *censored*ing rid already. 

Archived