Official WWE Money In The Bank Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

I thought it was creepy that everyone desk was so clean and impersonalized then i remember they fired everyone. 

And that a lot of them would be working from home I'd imagine. 

Apparently they already filmed the MITB match

The Money In The Bank ladder matches were filmed weeks ago. That gave WWE plenty of time to cut everything together. Mike Johnson noted on PW Insider Eliteaudio that the remaining matches will take place live from the WWE Performance Center.

“Will it be live? Will it be taped? The answer is: both. All of the material related to the Money In The Bank ladder matches, the men’s match and the women’s match which will take place at the same time has been filmed. That material, everyone battling throughout Titan Tower all up on the roof — all of that filmed.”

“Everything else that you’re going to see on the show that will take place from the WWE Performance Center will be live on pay-per-view as it happens.”

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/05/05/will-wwe-money-in-the-bank-be-live-this-year/

15 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

Everyone is freaking out that the Becky Lynch ad spoiled the MITB match, saying that she will confront the winner on Raw. I don’t think it def means a Raw woman will win. MITB can bounce between both shows. 

That was the case for the 2019 MitB winners due to the Wild Card rule bs. Now that it's over it's unclear if that will be the case now. Based on history it shouldn't but WWE likes to manipulate logic to fit their needs, so who knows?

(FWIW the winners last year (Lesnar & Bayley) challenged their respective brand's belt despite the change last year.)

I just thought of something really awesome...

Now I know that this PPV is taped, and we don't know the results yet, but hear me out: What if, should Daniel Bryan win the briefcase, he goes after the NXT Championship and win it?

I mean, if Charlotte's Royal Rumble win granted her the right to compete for the NXT women championship, then surely, the same can be said for the MITB contract!

Imagine it, Daniel Bryan would become the first NXT original to hold the NXT Championship! I mean, after all, he WAS in NXT years ago, the very first season of NXT. How fitting would it be if Daniel Bryan won the convened NXT championship, the one world title he never held, besides the WWE championship and the World Heavyweight Championship?

16 hours ago, TofeirTheAkita said:

I just thought of something really awesome...

Now I know that this PPV is taped, and we don't know the results yet, but hear me out: What if, should Daniel Bryan win the briefcase, he goes after the NXT Championship and win it?

I mean, if Charlotte's Royal Rumble win granted her the right to compete for the NXT women championship, then surely, the same can be said for the MITB contract!

Imagine it, Daniel Bryan would become the first NXT original to hold the NXT Championship! I mean, after all, he WAS in NXT years ago, the very first season of NXT. How fitting would it be if Daniel Bryan won the convened NXT championship, the one world title he never held, besides the WWE championship and the World Heavyweight Championship?

I would actually love that. Imagine a feud between Cole and Bryan. Besides, I don't really think Velveteen is winning it yet.

Spot planned rumor

It sounds like a major stunt was taped for Sunday’s WWE Money In the Bank pay-per-view.

There have been rumors on someone taking a big bump while on the roof of WWE HQ for the Money In the Bank ladder matches. The bump likely will not be off the roof to the ground, but they could have a competitor fall from one of the various structures that were assembled on the roof, or edit the match to make it look like someone did fall from the top.

It was noted in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that people with knowledge of the recent Money In the Bank Ladder Match tapings at WWE HQ have described Vince showing an unknown talent, who was supposed to go off the top, that the company had set the bump up safely. It was also said that Vince demonstrated the bump.

As noted, WWE taped the MITB matches a few weeks back at company HQ in Stamford, CT. The men’s and women’s matches will air simultaneously, beginning in the first floor lobby. The Superstars will then fight through the next three floors, making their way to the roof. That’s where the ring, ladders and briefcases will be. As seen in the video above, there are several structures on the roof that could be used for a big bump.

We posted before how RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch recently toldTV Insider that she witnessed Vince showing someone how to fall from “a tower,” which could go along with the new report from the Observer.

“Vince is such a larger-than-life character,” Lynch said of the WWE Chairman. “At the same time, I watched him the other day demonstrate falling off a tower at 74-years-old without a bother, brushing his shoulders off and standing up again.”

Archived