Official WWE Money In The Bank Discussion Thread

Jmerc

2RowZ9O.png?1
Date: 10 May 2020, 7 PMET/4 PMPT
Venue: WWE Headquarters & WWE Performance Center
Theme(s): Jim Johnston - "Money In The Bank"

Women's Money In The Bank Match
Corporate Ladder Match
Nia Jax vs. Asuka vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Dana Brooke vs. Lacey Evans vs. Carmella
s1hiOe4.png

Men's Money In The Bank Match
Corporate Ladder Match
AJ Styles vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Aleister Black vs. Daniel Bryan vs. King Corbin vs. Otis
TByz6GM.png

WWE Championship Match
Singles Match
Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Seth Rollins
RziQKVA.png

Universal Championship Match
Singles Match
Braun Strowman (c) vs. Bray Wyatt
CSgusEu.png

SmackDown Women's Championship Match
Singles Match
Bayley (c) vs. Tamina
a52yg0Q.png

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
Fatal 4-Way Match
Lucha House Party vs. The Miz & John Morrison vs. The New Day (c) vs. The Forgotten Sons
r2Bnkp4.png

Grudge Match
Singles Match
R-Truth vs. MVP
589wPeu.png

Kickoff Match
Singles Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Cesaro
FaRxkJ3.png

• Jmerc pinned this topic
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Jmerc said:

Alrighty peeps, as we head toward MITB (if it happens as scheduled) - who's your picks? 

I think either Sasha and Lacey for Woman's (Ruby as a dark horse)

For Men's, I think Andrade? 

Sasha is a good choice for setting up a delusional "oh, she'd never do that to ME" story for Bayley, but I would prefer a RAW superstar to win the women's match this year so I'd choose Ruby so she can kick start her career a bit.

For men's, I would love it if Big E won.

As far as winners for the matches...

I really wouldn't mind if Jinder wins the mens match so he can challenge McIntyre. I know people would groan about a wasted opportunity or something. But...realistically, Drew's first opponent should be fodder anyway. This could be a fun nod to 3MB. Maybe even have Slater be the special ref. Like...Jinder enlists Slater to follow him around and act as a ref, so he can get the jump on Drew.

Jinder isn't realistically going to have any reason to get a legit title shot without it being something like a ladder match, anyway. So...I think that would be perfect. Somehow he gets himself in the match, and then he steals the briefcase in the lamest way possible to get the shot. Looks like a complete coward and thief. And then Drew kills him when he actually cashes in.

Who I wanna see get the case:

Aleister Black - Black with the case could be terrifying if done right. 

Andrade - As far as heels, he's the most traditional choice

Mustafa Ali - I wanna see a highflying babyface win it, just to see how they'd handle it.

Heath Slater - Hear me out. Slater wins the case in the most BS of BS ways. Two people are fighting over it while Heath is passed out under the ladder. They drop it onto his chest, meaning Slater wins the thing. Dude is living on cloud nine, but slowly realizes how serious of an opportunity this is. He'd have to cash in on some kind of ultra-heel too, and probably only hold the belt until his first PPV defense at the absolute longest, but it would be a fun ass story, and complete's the trifecta of 3MB as world champions.

For the women... Asuka. Just like Black, Asuka as MitB would be terrifying and I'd love to see it. 

I'd be down for Kairi getting it too, could be fun.

I'm not great with this kinda thing, but here goes...

RAW Superstars I'd like to win:

Shelton Benjamin - I know he hasn't done a lot since returning to WWE, but I'd like to see him win the match. It's been 10 years since he last competed in a MITB match, and given the cool stuff he has done before in said match, why not? You could also do the whole "I'm Brock Lesnar's friend. I'm going to get revenge on Drew Mcintyre for defeating him" schtick.

Kairi Sane - We've seen Becky and Asuka feud over the title, so I'd like to see Kairi get her chance (unless it's already happened?) if they're adamant on keeping Becky face, you could even have Kairi screw over Asuka in the MITB match to win, splitting them in the process, keeping Kairi heel. 

RAW Superstars I think will win:

AJ Styles - Dunno why. I know you'd probably want to give it to a younger star (same thing applies to the above pick) but I just feel like Styles has another title run coming, and it could maybe redeem his loss to The Undertaker if he won MITB ????

Nia Jax - *crickets*

SmackDown Superstars I'd like to win:

Big E - I'm in the I'm not fussed if New Day split or stay together club, but you could have either scenario. Kofi assisting Big E to win, or have Kofi and Big E in the match, Kofi is just about to pull the briefcase down whilst Big E is supporting the ladder (do the whole we're all winners thing) then just have Big E's expression change and topple the ladder, removing Kofi and allowing himself to climb and retrieve the briefcase. Sounds kinda cliché, I know.

Sasha Banks - Because we will get the full feud at some point, lol. I'd also pick Ember Moon, but I don't know how close to a return she is.

SmackDown Superstars I think will win:

Roman Reigns - He hasn't won MITB, so it'll be another accolade for him, plus he was meant to be challenging for the title. This is also assuming that he doesn't just win the title on a random episode of SmackDown.

Lacey Evans - ????

Or just have Otis and Mandy win both matches...

Time for the same predictions every year. Andrade, Aleister, Big E blah blah 

Nah, Lesnar or Roman is winning and they cash in for Summerslam or Saudi, and you'll have to like what you're given. 

Pwinsider is rapporting that the venue that was set to host the ppv has cancelled the event at theire venue.

Should mean another ppv from the performance center..

As far as my predictions to winners,I'd love to see Samoa Joe and Belair with briefcases..

Not only would it be unlikely for Andrade to come straight out of quarantine and into this match...but, there is also the fact that he's still the United States champion, and doesn't really need a second push right now. The only logical place for him to return, would be back into the tag team storyline with Zelina and Garza. 

22 hours ago, Generations said:

Not only would it be unlikely for Andrade to come straight out of quarantine and into this match...but, there is also the fact that he's still the United States champion, and doesn't really need a second push right now. The only logical place for him to return, would be back into the tag team storyline with Zelina and Garza. 

you keep repeating that like it's a known fact. it isn't.

Rey and Dana have been isolated. Dana was sick, and isolated as a preemptive measure. Yet, she was back now this smackdown. Rey also said himself he doesn't have COVID-19, of course there is a "possibility he is lyng", but that would already be out and it's been weeks now since he was. Lashley was quarantined, beacuse he was traveling, and he turned out to be fine. 

If Andrade was isolated, Charlotte would be also almost certainly. 

You even said once how "probably everybody has the virus in WWE by nowanyway"... 

So dude... stop spreading misinformation. I don't get why do you have to do that? Like, pushing constantly something to show that you know something that others don't? 

Wow...who shit in your cheerios this morning?

I literally never even said that I factually knew anything one way or the other. I said it would be unlikely for him to come out of quarantine and right back to a big match like that. There is plenty of room for you to interpret that however you want. If he is in quarantine, then it would be unlikely for him to do that. I don't recall saying that he 100% was or wasn't. Not sure why anyone would read so deeply into anything I said. I'm just a guy on a wrestling forum. No one is getting their factual information from me. So, chill.

And when I said that everyone in the WWE probably already had it...that was an obvious joke. You can run it back and check for yourself. I even said "lol" when I said that.

*shrug*

2 hours ago, AONO. said:

Ah, so we are saying shit so people can interpret it how ever one wants. 

Got it. 

Sharing opinions on topics, to be interpreted by other people. Yes.

Are we doing something else here that I'm unaware of?

Anyway...not sure why they keep doing ladder matches when their next event is MitB. Seems kind of shortsighted to me. It's one thing to have a random ladder match when you have no plans to have another one for however many months...but, we had the Mania triple threat...and then the NXT women's match. And all of this is right before MitB is coming up. Kinda weird. No efforts to give the stipulation a "special treatment" at all...

On 4/7/2020 at 8:48 AM, Jmerc said:

Women's Money In The Bank Match
Ladder Match
Asuka vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Nia Jax vs. Naomi OR Dana Brooke vs. TBA vs. TBA
MAsNA1F.jpg

Men's Money In The Bank Match
Ladder Match
Rey Mysterio OR Murphy vs. Aleister Black OR Austin Theory vs. Apollo Crews OR MVP vs. TBA vs. TBA vs. TBA

Archived