Animal Crossing Series Discussion

Generations

Yeah...I looked, and we don't see to have one of these. I saw a topic about New Leaf, but I thought it would be easier just to make this for the new game.

So, with that said...who is playing New Horizons? What starting villagers do you have? What was your starting fruit? How much have you accomplished since starting?

I have Sly the alligator, and Plucky the chicken. Sly is pretty cool. My starting fruit was pears...but, I also got cherries in the mail on my first day. I paid my initial loan, built the first house, got the museum tent to come to the island, got the proper museum being built tomorrow, got all of my basic tools, and I just need a bit more iron so I can build a proper shop. The game is awesome. I love the Nook Miles achievement system. I love the crafting. I love everything. It was worth the wait. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope I'm able to get a Switch soon so I can play New Horizons. New Leaf was the one I played the most, thanks to Chuggaaconroy's playthrough a few years back. Biskit is my favorite Villager and I read that he isnt in the new one sadly. Hopefully after my PSVR is paid off, I can do a payment plan on a Switch on Amazon like I did for my VR. That won't be until May.

I tried on Twitter to "win a switch" some most likely were scams/false hopes but I tried anyway.

I have three villagers coming tomorrow. Agent S the Squirrel, Meringue the Rhino, and Ozzie the Koala. Been pretty lucky with finding some interesting villagers on the island trips and asking them to move in. I finished prepping their houses earlier and tomorrow they should all be there. Pretty excited for that, since talking to the two original animals does get boring quickly (even though I do like my starters just fine). Also should have a bridge built tomorrow, which is a relief. I don't like pole-vaulting all over the damn place. 

Oh...and the new museum in this game is AMAZING. I was blown away by it. Like...full-on shock and awe. Lol.

It sucks that if you share a Switch with someone (for me, my brother), you have to share your island. I started up my game and was already in my brother's island. I feel like I don't even have to do much work with him on this nonstop. :lol:

Also,

^ WONDERFUL!

I just went to Harvey's island, and...the casting couch is kinda unsettling. Lol.

Also, the pacing in this game is very good. I like how they've introduced new things literally every day so far. And being that I intentionally avoided information and videos about this game leading up to the launch, every day really does bring new surprises. Even things that should be trivial or passe are blowing my mind just because they're unexpected. Hahaha. 

33 minutes ago, NegativeCreep said:

I have to admit, a large piece of me really really really wants to run out and buy a Switch... just for Animal Crossing.

Hands down, still one of my all-time favorite series of games.

If you can find one, do it. The console is becoming hard to find with the virus situation.

16 minutes ago, Generations said:

If you can find one, do it. The console is becoming hard to find with the virus situation.

Yeah, I kinda figured as much... trying to search earlier on the interwebs didn't yield much. Definitely something I'll be on the lookout for if we happen to go to a local retailer.

Trying to get this damn stringfish, and I hate that you can't just buy bait from the store. Crafting it is becoming a huge pain in my ballbag. I mean...I guess you probably can buy it at some point, but I don't have that option right now. That's the last fish I need to catch this season before it becomes unobtainable until December. Not sweating it yet, because I still have a few days...but, that's it. I have like 4 more days to catch this thing. Lol.

I guess I'm the only one posting in here. Oh well...gotta keep this bumped in case anyone feels like joining me. Lol.

I really like how CJ and Flick give you a shitload of bells for fish and bugs. If you grind fishing or catching bugs all day, you can really pay off some serious loans with bugs and fish that are otherwise worthless. Great feature to have added...and the fact that you only get one of them on a specific day, and need to wait many days in between is a good way to keep people from abusing it. 

10 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

*Censored* bunny day.

Hahaha...I love it.

Sure, it gets tedious finding eggs every time you want a proper fish or fossil. But...I love festive shit in games.

Also, Zipper the bunny is vaguely disturbing in a hilarious fashion. One of my favorite new NPCs. Hahaha.

Yeah...I have a ton of eggs too. The event could have been one week long instead of two. Everyone could have still found enough eggs in that time frame. Also, I hate there being six different types of eggs. That pretty much means that you need to take up six slots in your inventory just for eggs. Sure, you can go store them in your house...but, then you find another egg any time that you do anything. So...that becomes an exercise in futility pretty quickly. As for the furniture being useless...I put most of mine outside. I dedicated my one plateau and waterfall area to being an Easter parade type situation. I have egg balloons on either side of the ramp, egg fence all along the water, an egg bed at the top part (which just looks like a big basket of eggs), and I really like the way the egg lamp looks when it's lit up at night. 

6 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

God damn i keep getting generic islands that don't give me much. 

I usually have similar luck. Can't even get a fruit I don't have. But I did get an island with hybrid flowers once. Blue and pink windflowers. I filled my whole inventory when that happened. And then I got this money island after that.

I think the best thing to do, is to buy three or four tickets and use them all back to back. Might force the game into generating something new at least once. Or maybe that was just the random luck that I had when I did it. But, yeah...both times that I got good islands, it was from using multiple tickets in a row.

2 hours ago, NegativeCreep said:

Damn... Nook the Crook triggering me since my Gamecube days.

83 bells per turnip yesterday

81 bells per turnip today

Not sure how true it is...but my brother was telling me that he read online...if you have two low days on Monday and Tuesday, then it means Wednesday is going to be really high.

Speaking of Nook...I'm still out here trying to get my damn shop expansion. I keep reading that all you need is to spend 70,000 bells and have a physical town square (which I've had for weeks). Surely I must have spent 70,000 bells by now. I usually buy every new item that I don't already have...and I've bought a bunch of stuff in bulk as well. Multiply that by every single day that I've been playing...and I fail to see how I could be below 70,000 at this point. 

24 minutes ago, Generations said:

Not sure how true it is...but my brother was telling me that he read online...if you have two low days on Monday and Tuesday, then it means Wednesday is going to be really high.

Interesting... never heard this before, but fingers crossed it's accurate.

Looking forward to what the villainous raccoon has to say tomorrow, then.  XD

Archived