HIstory Of Caws.ws

Ernez

Moving from the proboards to caws.ws started near Feb 17th 2005.

Af3r817.png

1UD2jRG.png

Then in Oct 2005 a new site and forum was made. 

HFCsojW.png

92brNxD.png

March of 2006 came around and a banner change happened (I only included this because of the forums)

8A8Fpro.png

gWF67YH.png

Not even a month later, a new site would appear which will have the familiar Caws.ws logo!

MycNoBW.png

3CdNBN4.png

Then in November of 2006 another change happened but the forum would only change slightly.

jiSsEEn.png

4TiCD4a.png

This skin would last up to 2 years, and in October 2008 a new theme was revealed.

Cx3OKxr.png

dCY4gQT.png

Another year would roll by and in October 2009 a more bright theme was added that John Cena would be proud of.

iHKVWB7.png

opDJXlX.png

In November 2010 Caws.ws got a bit darker.

GGOj9RZ.png

mjhzUEc.png

In Feb of 2012 the caws.ws logo changed from blue to grey. 

WJnItQF.png

KXE8Pwg.png

THEN, on November 7th of 2012...the skin we would have for 7+ years is born

EvwPNpP.png

d5eaj98.png

Sorry for the long post, but I thought it would be cool to scroll down and see them all.

I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane. How many do you remember? Which is your fav?

I still find it hard to believe I've been here for nearly 11 years. There's just something about this place that always draws me in. I know I don't really post as much as I used to (just make the odd comment/post here and there) but I'm always interested in what other members have to say and enjoy all the discussion that goes on, no matter how good, bad or ugly, lol.

My mental health and physical health for that matter haven't been great the past several years, and being here helps me escape from a lot, so I'd like to thank everyone for making my life that bit more tolerable.

Here's to (hopefully) another decade (or more) of Caws.ws.

25 minutes ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

2006 era introduced me to the site when I was looking for Jeff Hardy CAWS for SVR 07. Didn't join the WWE's forum "WWE Universe" shut down. Miss that site to this day, great times.

Mixture of good and bad times here. Mostly good though 

? Dilly Dilly

Exactly the same for me. 

Me and my friend used to come on here after school to look at CAWs. I was 12 then, and now I'm just shy of 26. 

I don't remember the Proboards much, but I do remember the first Invision skin. Hard to believe the skin and this skin look so similar and simple. ?

Good old days though, back when the forum was uber active. I think I joined in 05 or 06, and I was hella annoying and spammy back then. Ugh. 

I think I remember the 06 version. I was lurking from there until about 4 years ago. Did Charles Shane post here or am I confusing that with Gamingring? I see that version and can picture his profile name with a bunch of colorful stars under his avatar

5 minutes ago, WNX said:

I think I remember the 06 version. I was lurking from there until about 4 years ago. Did Charles Shane post here or am I confusing that with Gamingring? I see that version and can picture his profile name with a bunch of colorful stars under his avatar

He left there (was fired I think) and wormed his way here into a high paying role from what I remember, claiming he would make our YouTube the #1 WWE gaming channel. All he done was reupload videos and get a million strikes and ultimately I think I pulled an ultimatum. He got a spiffing high end PC out of it though.

For the record I've never had a PC from here. ?? (Not that I'd want one. Imma tablet boi) 

He had such a big ego and always claimed he made CAWs massive but he literally joined when we were at our biggest, and reupped a handful of THQ videos and I think he done a really cringe CAWs podcast once or twice. 

You guys were doing hands-on interviews with Thq staff back then, right? It was like, the whole internet was getting their info from y'all

Not really. Just the social media manager who really knew nothing about the game. Smoke n mirrors. 

(There was a member of the board who was a member of the dev team but he kept a low profile to the basic members)

@ThreeG God, I remember the days when Marcus Stephenson was on here. Gave us 3 stupid excuses as to why the skin colour wheel and transparency wasn't in SVR 11 and WWE '12. 

1: "It was an oversight, and should've been in the game."
2. "They removed it to prevent naked CAWs on CC."
3. "Our focus was on gameplay, so it wasn't a high priority."

1 hour ago, WNX said:

You guys were doing hands-on interviews with Thq staff back then, right? It was like, the whole internet was getting their info from y'all

To be honest, most of our information came from insiders more than interviews. ThreeG wanted to ask hard hitting questions for THQ stuff but of course that really isn't how it works. You have to ask the basic questions that have been asked a million times over. As ThreeG stated, there was insiders who kept low profiles from both THQ and 2k that some of you never knew about and would "leak" information periodically. 

5 hours ago, King RyderFan said:

My word, I remember everything back to 08. That was when my casual interest for wrestling games turned hardcore, and I started getting into older games. I found Code-X, then this dump, and I never left. I still remember my tiny Lita avatar I had when I first debuted. Haha. 

I remember this site 

19 hours ago, Ernez said:

To be honest, most of our information came from insiders more than interviews. ThreeG wanted to ask hard hitting questions for THQ stuff but of course that really isn't how it works. You have to ask the basic questions that have been asked a million times over. As ThreeG stated, there was insiders who kept low profiles from both THQ and 2k that some of you never knew about and would "leak" information periodically. 

Was Raff one of them? He always reminded me of a leaky person 

Oh wait you said low profile 

Archived