Breaking News: Wrestlemania could be cancelled/Postponed, decision to be made Thursday

wwetnagamer2010

The fate of this year’s WWE WrestleMania 36 show may be decided in a couple of days. Ryan Bass from the Tampa CBS affiliate is reporting that city officials will meet on Thursday to discuss canceling or postponing major events due to the coronavirus outbreak. This is obviously a major concern for WWE as they are expecting fans from several states and countries to fly in for WrestleMania in just a few weeks. If Mania is canceled or postponed then this would have a major effect on all of the other events going on. This may affect the WWE Hall Of Fame, Friday Night SmackDown, NXT TakeOver, Monday Night Raw and all of the independent shows and meet and greets taking place during that weekend. The big question is if WrestleMania gets postponed, what will WWE do as a make-up show since they have never had to face a situation like this. It’s clear that WWE was never going to cancel or postpone the show unless they were forced to by city or state officials and now that seems like a real possibility.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/tampa-officials-to-discuss-canceling-or-postponing-major-events/?fbclid=IwAR2LZV4x9sgojOvSukSG4tZjosF_llQOCc2uo3GsKLEMcKNHiTgMo1SjXfk

1 minute ago, Lunchbox said:

Like i said a dude died in the ring and the show went on and the dude is forcing his talent to go to Saudi Arabia. Would be surprised if its cancelled.

It isn't his call if the actual city bans it, though. He could scramble to find another location...or do WM in an empty arena, but if the city of Tampa shuts it down...then it ain't happening.

15 minutes ago, Generations said:

It isn't his call if the actual city bans it, though. He could scramble to find another location...or do WM in an empty arena, but if the city of Tampa shuts it down...then it ain't happening.

Another Saudai show it is

Yeah, 

15 hours ago, Generations said:

Honestly...

Good.

WWE could use a blow to their "unstoppable machine" mentality every once in a while.

This. 

Tbh, at this point, a huge event like WM should def be postponed. Health above all. 

1 hour ago, Generations said:

2020. Wrestlemania on the moon. Book it. 

"Lesnar has delivered the F-5 to McIntyre! But the lack of gravity has sent McIntyre spinning into orbit. With god as my witness, Drew has been sent into orbit!" 

“Drew is...Drew is STILL in orbit ladies and gentlemen. Our words fail to describe the sheer strength of this animal Brock Lesnar.”

7 hours ago, BestInTheWorld614 said:

NBA just suspended their season due to a player testing positive. I just don’t see how they let WrestleMania happen.

Because it actually affects the league.  Now if someone on the roster gets the virus it becomes a different story all together. 

58 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Lmaoooooo loving the new embedding on here.

Anyways, they need to come to a decision so I can decide if I need to cancel plans or not. And the thousands upon thousands of others with me.

8 hours ago, Generations said:

The NBA situation is just crazy because that guy knew he had it, and was like "Eh...I feel fine. I'ma play anyway."

Smh...stupid people will be the downfall of us all.

Gobert did a shitty and idiotic thing, but he didn't know he had it...

10 hours ago, Generations said:

The NBA situation is just crazy because that guy knew he had it, and was like "Eh...I feel fine. I'ma play anyway."

Smh...stupid people will be the downfall of us all.

Pretty sure he wouldn't have done what he did if he knew. Pretty unfair to blame him.

Anyway, they should try to postpone this, and if things don't get better by August, then just cancel it. 

Archived