Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaperThinWalls

U.S. Politics Discussion

On 8/17/2022 at 7:26 PM, Doink! said:

It's nice to know that you know better than minorities and women what is in their best interests.

I mean...when they vote for someone who directly undermines their rights...then yeah, I guess I do. *shrug*

And it isn't just minorities. - There are plenty of people who voted against their interests when it came to Trump.

I mean...literally like 95% of the idiots who did vote for him (most of them falling into the uneducated, low-income, Caucasian demographic). -If you aren't wealthy elite with special interests in various lobbies, then you were a complete idiot for thinking Trump gave a shit about you. Period. Of course, this goes right back to the white nationalist agenda. Racist white people were glad to vote with Trump if it meant they could openly express their most vile opinions. I guess this made it worth their vote, even if it meant that they were going to lose other rights and become poorer in the long-run. "Healthcare and basic human rights? No thank you. I just want to be able to say the N-word and sexually harass my coworkers! MAGA!"

Edited by Generations

2 hours ago, Generations said:

I mean...when they vote for someone who directly undermines their rights...then yeah, I guess I do. *shrug*

I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Edited by Doink!

Why on earth do you guys still humor Doink?

To be fair, not just Trump but republican politicians as whole. Right wingers are often acting against their own interest, from the time of FDR to even now, for no good reason. It's crazy to see, especially over stupidity like "pull yourselves up by your bootstraps!" and whatnot. It's shit like this that's hurt tons of American people. 

The republican party as it currently stands is the biggest threat to American democracy. Not the "libs", not China, not Russia. It's the crooked republican core that wants to take away the reproductive rights from women, limit voting rights from minorities. They are the ones enabling Trumps treacherous activity, storming the capital and calling for violence against the FBI. They are jeopardizing every election by saying how it is rigged if they don't win. Pushing guns, guns and even more guns without offering a plausible solution to mass shootings. It's basically terrorist in office, not to mention some of them are clearly working in some way for Russia, cough cough, Rand Paul, and Trump who is madly in love with Putin.

Edited by maskedmaniac