U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

Why would they need to be less strict? Maybe slightly less strict, but I'm sure even with the current vetting process tons of refugees are still being approved. But also, I highly doubt people care about security risks as much as they are opposed to having more minorities in the country. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im surprised Biden was this straightforward with the reason why they have gone to Afghanistan in the first place.
I mean we all knew it was for Vengeance and not to help people.
Other presidents would have said something about "to liberate, to free people" and blamed the people from Afghanistan on America not doing that.
So that was refreshing...but the other nonsense was a waste of breath.

No words can make the situation better, a 20 year war that did nothing except help extremism and made people suffer.

Why the *Censored* Republicans use this for "gotcha" points is beyond me...you *censored*ers were all for the war, you were for swift exit, you cheered when Trumps Administration met with Taliban, when Trump pulled a large amount of Soldier out which caused this extreme shift in the first place.

Again, this is not just on Republicans, Democrats are at fault too...everyone is, even we all in the West for letting America go through with it like they did.
Sitting back and watching the cowboys drop bombs into mountains, ripping the country apart...we are to blame for standing back and letting this happen too.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

Im surprised Biden was this straightforward with the reason why they have gone to Afghanistan in the first place.
I mean we all knew it was for Vengeance and not to help people.
Other presidents would have said something about "to liberate, to free people" and blamed the people from Afghanistan on America not doing that.
So that was refreshing...but the other nonsense was a waste of breath.

No words can make the situation better, a 20 year war that did nothing except help extremism and made people suffer.

Why the *Censored* Republicans use this for "gotcha" points is beyond me...you *censored*ers were all for the war, you were for swift exit, you cheered when Trumps Administration met with Taliban, when Trump pulled a large amount of Soldier out which caused this extreme shift in the first place.

Again, this is not just on Republicans, Democrats are at fault too...everyone is, even we all in the West for letting America go through with it like they did.
Sitting back and watching the cowboys drop bombs into mountains, ripping the country apart...we are to blame for standing back and letting this happen too.

I disagree with that. There hasn't been an American death by the Taliban in 18 months.  There wasn't an extreme shift until Biden tried to pull everyone out over the course of two days.

22 minutes ago, Doink! said:

I disagree with that. There hasn't been an American death by the Taliban in 18 months.  There wasn't an extreme shift until Biden tried to pull everyone out over the course of two days.

Thats good...for America.
But the shift came even before Trump became president.
The people lost faith and trust in America, the Taliban were gaining ground.
And then in came Trump who caused so much damage on all fronts, then pulled out a large amount of Troops...that all helped the Taliban.

The Final nail is then of course pulling out everyone in mere days...on that yeah, you can blame Biden.
A tactical retreat done far smarter, would possibly havent caused this all...but things were always bound to go south very quickly...that is 6+ years in the making.

12 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Thats good...for America.
But the shift came even before Trump became president.
The people lost faith and trust in America, the Taliban were gaining ground.
And then in came Trump who caused so much damage on all fronts, then pulled out a large amount of Troops...that all helped the Taliban.

The Final nail is then of course pulling out everyone in mere days...on that yeah, you can blame Biden.
A tactical retreat done far smarter, would possibly havent caused this all...but things were always bound to go south very quickly...that is 6+ years in the making.

I believe Biden and his advisors were banking on us pulling out, and the Taliban taking the country in six months to a year and then being able to shrug his shoulders.  However, pulling air support from the Afghan troops sped things up quite rapidly.

Over 50,000 Afghan troops have died in the last five years fighting the Taliban.  They had the will to fight, as long as they could call in air support.  Biden took that away, which caused their combat model to rapidly change after relying on that for the past 15+ years.

The worst thing now is that they have our weapons, Apache helicopters, and fighter jets at their disposal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 5:40 PM, KingKhan18 said:

So... this may be a controversial opinion, but I think Kyle Rittenhouse should be found innocent in court. I've read more about the shooting incidents and it was clear cut self defense. 

I mean, sure...if you want to ignore the part where he had his mother drive him out of state with a deadly weapon, and had no business being there in the first place.

Bitch literally went there with the intent of starting some shit. Then "defended" himself after he ended up in a position that he shouldn't have been in to begin with. 

Exactly, he had no reason to be there and didn't even live close to there. He carried a gun with him as well. Just the first part alone should get him jailtime, not have the dumbshit judge defend him. Kyle is in no way innocent here, especially when he did not have good intentions and wouldn't have had to "defend" himself if he wasn't there in the first place. 

He definitely shouldn't have been there, you could definitely argue he should be charged with reckless endangerment or something similar. But regardless of that, I don't think he should be charged with murder. From what I can gather, the protesters at the incident were violent and destroying property, and Rittenhouse was there to " protect private property " or something like that. He was obviously very wrong to do that, he should have left it in the hands of law enforcement.  The protesters were pushing a flaming dumpster towards a gas station ( which is a *censored*ing depraved thing to do by the way ) and Joseph Rosenbaum ( the first victim )  was angered when Rittenhouse was seen running towards the dumpster with a fire extinguisher.  He tried to attack Rittenhouse, who ran away. Rosenbaum then threw a bag ( with solid objects inside ) at Rittenhouse, and then tried to grab his gun. That's when Rittenhouse  shot him. Anthony Huber ( the second victim ) struck Rittenhouse in the shoulder with a skateboard, who then shot him. Gaige Grosskreutz ( the  lone victim who survived the shooting )  was approaching Rittenhouse with a handgun when he got shot. In all three incidents, the victims instigated the violence, and Rittenhouse was justified in using his firearm in self defence. 

I don't say this as a supporter of Rittenhouse's actions. For a long time, without really understanding the situation, I just kind of assumed he was guilty because of his ties to " Blue Lives Matter " type politics. But reading more into the situation, removing political bias, I changed my viewpoint.

Changes nothing who they are...what they did doesnt matter in the face of the accusation that a man drove all the way to where they lived, to kill them so to speak.
Same reason why George Floyd didnt deserve to die no matter what he did.
Its the circumstances that matter.

With a overly white jury and a Judge that looks more and more biased and a incompetent prosecuter, it shouldnt be hard for the guy to get free.
That is to be expected, would surprise me if not.

The case is already way too complicated since too much hangs onto "Could have happened" scenarios and too little factual proof of what happened.
And on every corner it has been made easier and easier for Rittenhouses lawyer to make a case for him.

3 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Changes nothing who they are...what they did doesnt matter in the face of the accusation that a man drove all the way to where they lived, to kill them so to speak.
Same reason why George Floyd didnt deserve to die no matter what he did.
Its the circumstances that matter.

With a overly white jury and a Judge that looks more and more biased and a incompetent prosecuter, it shouldnt be hard for the guy to get free.
That is to be expected, would surprise me if not.

The case is already way too complicated since too much hangs onto "Could have happened" scenarios and too little factual proof of what happened.
And on every corner it has been made easier and easier for Rittenhouses lawyer to make a case for him.

I keep seeing this " he shouldn't have been there " argument. Say an underage girl goes into a bar and uses a fake ID, and then a man tries to rape her. If she defends herself and ends up killing the man, would you be saying that she should be charged with murder just because she " shouldn't have been there anyway?" I agree Rittenhouse should have stayed home, however that doesn't negate his right to self defense. And those antifa goons had no more of a right to be there them him anyway.

Leftists on Twitter are fantasizing about Rittenhouse being raped in prison. God I *censored*ing hate those people so much...

That's a dumb comparison because rape is different from murder. Kyle literally went to another state with a gun, that alone says everything. What if they were defending themselves against a white racist because of his gun? Just as messed up is justifying him killing people because they had histories, even though he didn't know that at the time. I guess it's okay to start killing people and hope they're horrible, so people will defend my actions. 

19 hours ago, KingKhan18 said:

I keep seeing this " he shouldn't have been there " argument. Say an underage girl goes into a bar and uses a fake ID, and then a man tries to rape her. If she defends herself and ends up killing the man, would you be saying that she should be charged with murder just because she " shouldn't have been there anyway?" I agree Rittenhouse should have stayed home, however that doesn't negate his right to self defense. And those antifa goons had no more of a right to be there them him anyway.

Leftists on Twitter are fantasizing about Rittenhouse being raped in prison. God I *censored*ing hate those people so much...

Your comparison is so completely wrong with the facts we have.
There was civil unrest, he was unqualified, unexperienced and lived 4 hours away from the place.
Alone that breaks your incredible dumb comparison out of the water.
The difference is that those victims you called grossly "antifa goons" were already there when the unrest was happening, they were already in the middle of it...Rittenhouse armed himself and put himself in the situation.

You literally used Rape in a awful try to defend Rittenhouse...why you think you are better than the "leftists on twitter" is beyond me.

Again, I never said that Rittenhouse was right for being there, he obviously should have stayed home. The point of my analogy was, even if you are in a place that you are not supposed to be in, you do not forfeit your right to self defense. I don't see how you can't grasp that. The " victims " assaulted him, he fired in self defense, therefore I do not want him rotting in prison for the rest of his life.

And if anything, " antifa goons " is too kind a word to describe them. Do you know what they were doing before Rittenhouse showed up? THEY WERE PUSHING A FLAMING DUMPSTER TOWARDS A *censored*ING GAS STATION. Imagine if the flames made contact with a gas tank. The whole *censored*ing place would have exploded, innocent people would have died for absolutely no *censored*ing reason at all. They had no more of a right to be there than Rittenhouse did, ideally this riot never would have happened in the first place.

And please don't compare these people to George Floyd. From all accounts I've heard, he was a good person,  that just struggled with drug addiction and made some bad decisions. Rosenbaum and Huber were horrendous people. I don't know why they are seen as martyrs.

I cant grasp it because there is no 100% proof that it wasnt them who acted in self defense.
You base most if not all on what you "believe" happened, not what can be 100% be proven happened.

9 minutes ago, KingKhan18 said:

And if anything, " antifa goons " is too kind a word to describe them. Do you know what they were doing before Rittenhouse showed up? THEY WERE PUSHING A FLAMING DUMPSTER TOWARDS A *censored*ING GAS STATION. Imagine if the flames made contact with a gas tank. The whole *censored*ing place would have exploded, innocent people would have died for absolutely no *censored*ing reason at all. They had no more of a right to be there than Rittenhouse did, ideally this riot never would have happened in the first place.

And please don't compare these people to George Floyd. From all accounts I've heard, he was a good person,  that just struggled with drug addiction and made some bad decisions. Rosenbaum and Huber were horrendous people. I don't know why they are seen as martyrs.

Would, could, might...not a base to argue.
Only Facts matter.
What they did or didnt do is irrelevant, trying to paint them or Rittenhouse as this or that based on could be's...is no argument.
Of course they had no right to be there, there is no denying in that.
But this is about Rittenhouse arriving at a place that is 4 hours from where he lives, with a Gun knowing there was a Civil unrest going on.
Without experience and Knowledge of the situation outside what the news reported.
This is about Rittenhouse being armed in the middle of a dangerous but not yet deadly situation he had no business being in.

Again, it doesnt matter what they did, what comes out afterwards...just like it didnt matter with George Floyd.
What matters is what happened when they died and that their history plays no role in the direct actions that lead to their deaths.

Who Rittenhouse or the Victims are, plays no role in this.
How much blame Rittenhouse has on peoples deaths needs to be determined, if his actions lead to preventable death and if he is to blame for that or not.

Of course you are free to have the opinion based on the information you gathered, he acted in self defense, that is absolutely your right.
I personally do think he should at least be guilty of something because again...he was absolutely not qualified to deal with civil unrest in any kind of way and i dont understand how nobody took the 17 year old boys Assault Rifle away from him and sent him home or so.
Here stands a 17 year old boy with an assault rifle during civil unrest...get this person far as possible away from the unrest.

I think it's fair to say that he should be punished for being there ( reckless endangerment or something ), it's just the murder charges I think are unjust. From all the information I can gather, it was self defense, but you're right that we don't know everything.

I apologize if I sounded too aggressive earlier. I just feel like people let their political biases affect their opinion on this case and it frustrates me a lot. People are calling for Rittenhouse to rot in prison for the rest of his life and get raped in the shower for something I strongly believe was self defense, which is sickening to me. I'm his age, and I can't imagine the remainder of my life being thrown in the garbage like that. And at the same time, they act like Rosenbaum and Huber were these perfect angels when in reality they committed horrific acts. I know that somebody's record doesn't justify them being killed, I just wish people wouldn't glorify these people.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, KingKhan18 said:

If people are throwing objects at you, hitting you with a skateboard, or running at you with a handgun,you have the right to do what it takes to defend yourself. Simple as that. 

If you're there knowing there'd be civil unrest, with a huge-ass gun, you should expect to be attacked. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle hoped for this to happen so he'd be justified in shooting. 

9 hours ago, KingKhan18 said:

Again, I never said that Rittenhouse was right for being there, he obviously should have stayed home. The point of my analogy was, even if you are in a place that you are not supposed to be in, you do not forfeit your right to self defense. I don't see how you can't grasp that. The " victims " assaulted him, he fired in self defense, therefore I do not want him rotting in prison for the rest of his life.

The analogy still doesn't work. An underage woman didn't ask to be raped, and she did nothing that could justify being assaulted. Kyle however made the decision to take a gun with him and go to another state where there'd obviously be unrest, and then after shooting he was celebrating and having fun. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-helped-ignite-george-floyd-riots-identified-white/story?id=72051536

https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020/07/27/police-richmond-riots-instigated-by-white-supremacists-disguised-as-black-lives-matter/

At least two occasions where white supremacists or rumored white supremacists turned peaceful protests into riots. 

On 11/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, KingKhan18 said:

If people are throwing objects at you, hitting you with a skateboard, or running at you with a handgun,you have the right to do what it takes to defend yourself. Simple as that. 

Not if you walk into a crowd of people, menacing them with an automatic weapon.

At this point, YOU are the threat to THEM, and they are attacking you with everything that they have, because it might stop you from opening fire on them. Imagine the 9/11 hijackers being defended in court, because someone saw that they had a weapon and attacked them. It's just as absurd, tbh. They should not have been on a plane with a weapon, and should not have been threatening people with it. It's the same shit here...but the courts are stacked, and America loves an entitled little shit. Thus, we find ourselves at the crossroads of Kyle Rittenhouse.

In other words...imagine if you and your friends are peacefully protesting something (anything). You are in the streets, and you are opposing the new Beyonce album. It literally doesn't matter WHY you are there. BUT...people show up with semi-automatic machine guns, and start pushing you back. Is this a "normal" thing? Or do you perceive it as a threat and try to wrestle the firearm away from them before they can harm anyone else? Those people perceived a threat and tried to stop it. Period.

If Kyle wasn't white, he'd be receiving far less support from the same people defending him, and his mom would have been in jail for being a co-conspirator. If a Black man went to another state with a gun where he know there'd be civil unrest, then opened fire, he'd either be killed by cops or be jailed for life. 

Archived