Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaperThinWalls

U.S. Politics Discussion

Why would they need to be less strict? Maybe slightly less strict, but I'm sure even with the current vetting process tons of refugees are still being approved. But also, I highly doubt people care about security risks as much as they are opposed to having more minorities in the country. 

Im surprised Biden was this straightforward with the reason why they have gone to Afghanistan in the first place.
I mean we all knew it was for Vengeance and not to help people.
Other presidents would have said something about "to liberate, to free people" and blamed the people from Afghanistan on America not doing that.
So that was refreshing...but the other nonsense was a waste of breath.

No words can make the situation better, a 20 year war that did nothing except help extremism and made people suffer.

Why the *Censored* Republicans use this for "gotcha" points is beyond me...you *censored*ers were all for the war, you were for swift exit, you cheered when Trumps Administration met with Taliban, when Trump pulled a large amount of Soldier out which caused this extreme shift in the first place.

Again, this is not just on Republicans, Democrats are at fault too...everyone is, even we all in the West for letting America go through with it like they did.
Sitting back and watching the cowboys drop bombs into mountains, ripping the country apart...we are to blame for standing back and letting this happen too.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

Im surprised Biden was this straightforward with the reason why they have gone to Afghanistan in the first place.
I mean we all knew it was for Vengeance and not to help people.
Other presidents would have said something about "to liberate, to free people" and blamed the people from Afghanistan on America not doing that.
So that was refreshing...but the other nonsense was a waste of breath.

No words can make the situation better, a 20 year war that did nothing except help extremism and made people suffer.

Why the *Censored* Republicans use this for "gotcha" points is beyond me...you *censored*ers were all for the war, you were for swift exit, you cheered when Trumps Administration met with Taliban, when Trump pulled a large amount of Soldier out which caused this extreme shift in the first place.

Again, this is not just on Republicans, Democrats are at fault too...everyone is, even we all in the West for letting America go through with it like they did.
Sitting back and watching the cowboys drop bombs into mountains, ripping the country apart...we are to blame for standing back and letting this happen too.

I disagree with that. There hasn't been an American death by the Taliban in 18 months.  There wasn't an extreme shift until Biden tried to pull everyone out over the course of two days.

22 minutes ago, Doink! said:

I disagree with that. There hasn't been an American death by the Taliban in 18 months.  There wasn't an extreme shift until Biden tried to pull everyone out over the course of two days.

Thats good...for America.
But the shift came even before Trump became president.
The people lost faith and trust in America, the Taliban were gaining ground.
And then in came Trump who caused so much damage on all fronts, then pulled out a large amount of Troops...that all helped the Taliban.

The Final nail is then of course pulling out everyone in mere days...on that yeah, you can blame Biden.
A tactical retreat done far smarter, would possibly havent caused this all...but things were always bound to go south very quickly...that is 6+ years in the making.

12 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

Thats good...for America.
But the shift came even before Trump became president.
The people lost faith and trust in America, the Taliban were gaining ground.
And then in came Trump who caused so much damage on all fronts, then pulled out a large amount of Troops...that all helped the Taliban.

The Final nail is then of course pulling out everyone in mere days...on that yeah, you can blame Biden.
A tactical retreat done far smarter, would possibly havent caused this all...but things were always bound to go south very quickly...that is 6+ years in the making.

I believe Biden and his advisors were banking on us pulling out, and the Taliban taking the country in six months to a year and then being able to shrug his shoulders.  However, pulling air support from the Afghan troops sped things up quite rapidly.

Over 50,000 Afghan troops have died in the last five years fighting the Taliban.  They had the will to fight, as long as they could call in air support.  Biden took that away, which caused their combat model to rapidly change after relying on that for the past 15+ years.

The worst thing now is that they have our weapons, Apache helicopters, and fighter jets at their disposal.

Edited by Doink!

22 hours ago, M3J said:

You're comparing Afghans to puppies? 

Since metaphors are in no way/shape/form literal...no. 

But...you do you.

Point is, that was a dumb metaphor, and that they're all guilty.