U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

indeed red hats have been ruined for awhile, also make america great again wasnt trumps slogan it was regans which he "borrowed"

Honestly, whenever i see a red hat somewhere, i do a double take to make sure if it says Maga or not.

Its like with Hitlers beard or a less weirder comparison, the swastika logo(outside of asia at least).
Cant use them anymore because they will always be seen as symbols of evil.
I didnt had Red caps on my bingo list of things that would go out of style...but here we are.

There are still a bunch of things to be anxious about. Like the fact that Trump knows information about this country that he never should have had access to. Or the fact that he continues to fire up his base of extremist terrorist types to rally behind him. BUT...at least we can rest a bit easier knowing where the power lies. Investigations can be done. Arrests can be made. It's an uphill battle, but, it's a start. Treat the white supremacist's who post their plans online as credible threats. Investigate every single one of them. Don't let up.

10 hours ago, Generations said:

There are still a bunch of things to be anxious about. Like the fact that Trump knows information about this country that he never should have had access to. Or the fact that he continues to fire up his base of extremist terrorist types to rally behind him. BUT...at least we can rest a bit easier knowing where the power lies. Investigations can be done. Arrests can be made. It's an uphill battle, but, it's a start. Treat the white supremacist's who post their plans online as credible threats. Investigate every single one of them. Don't let up.

Reports are Q-anon are unsure now what to believe or not to believe and proud boyz are split on if they should support trump or not since he was suppose to be the guy.

Oh, I agree...they're definitely fighting among themselves now. You have actual republicans distancing themselves from the very concept of the "patriot party"...you have people who were just along for the ride who are moving onto another angle...you have proud boys fighting with law and order. They've definitely lost the thread. I agree entirely with that. But, the danger is still imminent. A powder keg is still a powder keg. Fighting among themselves is definitely better than unifying for a singular cause...but these are still shitty people with a shitty grasp on reality.

You know...now that I think about it, the Trump family running with their own party isn’t the worst thing, considering all they’ll really do is take votes away from the Republicans, especially if they run the same bigoted, far-right platform. Even if it’s just 3% that could easily turn a 51-49 win into a 48-49-3 loss. 

A Trump-led party could literally never win...for the exact reason that it would be pulling from Republican votes. But, that wouldn't be the goal in the first place. Like anything else that Trump does, the goal would be to continue to funnel money into his private accounts. It would be more of the same. Con man gonna con. It would be more of him taking money from people who can't afford to give it, and more of him convincing people that everyone between him and them is working against him.

Also, Trump having a button on his desk to demand someone bring him a diet coke is peak lunatic.

And the fact that he reportedly drank 12 cans a day makes me wonder how he is even alive. 

1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

So some people who were arrested for the insurrection might be takings legal action against Trump this is *censored*ing golden. 

Kellyanne Conway's daughter has been posting evidence of her mother being abusive and people called the police on her.

apparently CPS can't or won't do a thing to help Claudia. I feel bad for victims of abuse

2 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

So some people who were arrested for the insurrection might be takings legal action against Trump this is *censored*ing golden. 

Kellyanne Conway's daughter has been posting evidence of her mother being abusive and people called the police on her.

Turning on Trump...gotta love to it.

She has for a while now posted stuff that is a clear cry for help, why nobody does something is beyond me.
Her father seems less of a lunatic, why is he not doing anything if she abuses her?
Hope things turn out good for her, we need to do more in this world for victims of abuse.

Thing is though, GOP didn't just suddenly realise "how bad Trump is". He was always a useful idiot. It was always going to pan out like this. 

And the worst thing is actually that, even if his fanbase "turns on him", a more serious politician with right wing authoritarian ideology will swoop in. Because the sentiment is there, the populist rhetoric will again work, and you have another antagonistic figure in Trump. Or you can paint him as a "failure" at the very least. 

Racists were emboldened, that won't suddenly go away. 

14 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Imagine treating your own flesh in blood as a enemy just cause you love the orange man so much.

Yeah, sadly that isnt just a thing with Trump...even though i think its far worse if one burns bridges with their family over Donald J Trump.
I get religion, its a cult that burned itself into society...i hate it but i can see how and why it is a thing, why families are so deluded that they would cast their LGBT children or brothers/sisters out.

But for Donald Trump? A rich doofus that never cared for any of Americas core values, only cares for himself and has nothing but disdain for anybody beneath him?

If he only would be some captivating leader of a cult...but he is not, he is a bumbling idiot who barely can get a sentence out that makes somewhat of sense.

My dad is a Trump lover. Which would baffle me if I didn't know the exact reason why. And that reason is literally because he's been a conspiracy theorist his whole life.

He's always told my mom that "this thing" or "that thing" was going to happen. He's done it my whole life. When the Y2K was allegedly going to happen, we had an entire room stocked full of canned food and stuff. Which is fine...it's not a bad thing to have. But...he was fully on that train. And when it wasn't that, it was always something else. It was always the "end times" or "wait until you see". I'm being serious when I say...it's been about a dozen times at least. I just find the Trump situation a bit more surprising because of how obvious it is that Trump is a dirtbag.

Somehow, it felt different with the past conspiracies, because...you know (who knows). Y2K could have happened (in theory). We were willing to entertain the thought. But, Trump...I just don't get it, man. Imagine being a grown-ass man and actually thinking that Trump is the image of "masculinity" or greatness. That's crazy. I've never seen a more pathetic slug of a human being. He doesn't even look like a human half the time. How insecure in your own existence do you need to be in order to see Trump as a "god" of a man? To say "He's the guy. I want to be like him." It's wild. It truly makes you lose respect for people, because...it's like, why do you need that? What went wrong in your life that you need to view a person that way?

12 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Yeah, sadly that isnt just a thing with Trump...even though i think its far worse if one burns bridges with their family over Donald J Trump.
I get religion, its a cult that burned itself into society...i hate it but i can see how and why it is a thing, why families are so deluded that they would cast their LGBT children or brothers/sisters out.

But for Donald Trump? A rich doofus that never cared for any of Americas core values, only cares for himself and has nothing but disdain for anybody beneath him?

If he only would be some captivating leader of a cult...but he is not, he is a bumbling idiot who barely can get a sentence out that makes somewhat of sense.

The thing is though, Trump's popularity is because he made bigotry normal and acceptable again, he said things that people have always wanted to say but couldn't. He was also able to lie and brainwash people effectively, who didn't question the logic of considering criticism as fake news but praises as actual news. Trump if anything is just the result or a problem, but he's not the problem nor the start of the problem as many people like to think. He does in a way capture America's core values - white supremacy, Christian supremacy, and nationalism. OH and I suppose toxic masculinity too.

He also deflects blame onto different but innocent groups. Regarding the lack of employment, he blames immigrants for stealing jobs and not Americans for not trying to find a better job or study another field or something. plus, he's pro-business, and someone pointed out how a lot of poor conservatives think they'll be millionaires at some point, but also conservatives somehow think their party knows anything about economics. 

Archived