U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

The more I consider the Jericho situation, the more it pisses me off. 

Not because he isn't entitled to have that opinion...but, because he outright lied about it. Every single time that there was some divisive situation to weigh in on, he would feign ignorance and say "I'm not really into politics". Now it's just obvious that shit is a joke to him. Especially in 2020...a year when so many great causes could have used that (nearly) $40k. I mean...the wrestling industry took a huge hit as a whole. You could have helped a bunch of struggling indy wrestlers with that money. Just threw it away...for the asshole that made everything worse to begin with. What a damn shame. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Jericho supporting Trump is very disappointing, but also not too shocking. How rare is it to see a pre-00s wrestler not be republican or support Trump? Kevin Nash was a pleasant surprise though. 

Anyway, it's interesting to see Parler and Trump get banned mainly because they're inciting or promoting violence and insurrection. Sucks that the sites didn't think about banning Trump long time ago though. We're paying the price to this day, as result. 

What Jericho did, those records are public record and can be looked at and searched through by anyone. But your only allowed to donate $5,600 to a campaign. So using both his names hes way over the legal limit. Im not sure but he might also not be able to donate from a stage name is hes donating from a real name too.

1 hour ago, Lunchbox said:

What Jericho did, those records are public record and can be looked at and searched through by anyone. But your only allowed to donate $5,600 to a campaign. So using both his names hes way over the legal limit. Im not sure but he might also not be able to donate from a stage name is hes donating from a real name too.

From my understanding you are correct. 5,600 is the limit.

6 hours ago, M3J said:

Chris Jericho supporting Trump is very disappointing, but also not too shocking. How rare is it to see a pre-00s wrestler not be republican or support Trump? Kevin Nash was a pleasant surprise though. 

Anyway, it's interesting to see Parler and Trump get banned mainly because they're inciting or promoting violence and insurrection. Sucks that the sites didn't think about banning Trump long time ago though. We're paying the price to this day, as result. 

Im still so surprised to know that Nash actually is a super decent guy outside of wrestling.
I always had this guy in my head who pushes others around, throws his weight around and is a bully.

Jericho supporting Trump or recently giving flat earth and conspiracy theories a platform, will never not dissapoint.
How such a smart guy can be so stupid at the same time, i dont get it.

As good as it is that they act now...why NOW?
Why not 2-3 years ago?
Now they wanna wash their hands, after a terrorist attack they made possible by giving extremists a platform to plan this.

Now he needs to be impeached, his enablers need to resign and people need to be arrested.
If america is not stopping this right now, in 10 years or so someone will come that is smarter than Trump and can use today as the starting point for taking over the country and turning it into Nazi USA.
The only thing that really stopped Trump and his clowns is the fact that they are dumb as hell.
And they were able to bring the country to its knees and storm the god damn capitol...imagine what someone competent can do.

Gonna be depressing as hell if Jericho goes to jail for supporting an idiot like Trump.

Like I said before...it's good that AEW already milked him for all that he's worth. He really hasn't been a highlight of the product for a while now. I got sick of him around the mimosa match. At this point, I'd rather see the spotlight on the individual members of Inner Circle...or even see Santana and Ortiz form LAX proper. If it turns out that he did something illegal and needs to go away...so be it. But, damn...what a hot shame.

6 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Im still so surprised to know that Nash actually is a super decent guy outside of wrestling.
I always had this guy in my head who pushes others around, throws his weight around and is a bully.

Jericho supporting Trump or recently giving flat earth and conspiracy theories a platform, will never not dissapoint.

Why not 2-3 years ago?
Now they wanna wash their hands, after a terrorist attack they made possible by giving extremists a platform to plan this.

Now he needs to be impeached, his enablers need to resign and people need to be arrested.
If america is not stopping this right now, in 10 years or so someone will come that is smarter than Trump and can use today as the starting point for taking over the country and turning it into Nazi USA.
The only thing that really stopped Trump and his clowns is the fact that they are dumb as hell.
And they were able to bring the country to its knees and storm the god damn capitol...imagine what someone competent can do.

Im thinking trump doomed the republican party cause stormtrumpers are calling for the patriot party which would than split the republican votes between two partys.

29 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Im thinking trump doomed the republican party cause stormtrumpers are calling for the patriot party which would than split the republican votes between two partys.

Not to mention, you know...the "patriot party" being a bunch of braindead invalids who would never be able to accomplish anything other than being homegrown terrorists.

If they want to wave a flag that says "here I am"... let them eat cake. 

Ironic, too...that this is literally what the right kept saying about the left. "Oh...your own party is going to be destroyed because you're too divided on the issues." Like...look at us now, bruh. We all came together for the sake of country. Just like we always do. And it all comes down to ideology. The right literally cannot fathom how the left works, or how it exists. They lack the moral fortitude to figure it out. They continually try to "will" things into happening by making subverted threats...but, they only end up distancing their own people. You have Vietnam veterans laughing about the fact that these protestors died from tasering themselves in the balls and being trampled by each other. They're a joke to the very people who they pretend to represent.  

Btw, it's obvious that they already have their own flag (the one with the lion on it). A blatant symbol of "pride" and direct opposition to both the donkey and elephant. Seen here in tweets from 2016, and 2019. And also seen at the capitol protest itself. Obviously a cell that they're trying to build. 

EDFiJglXsAsm_Qg.thumb.jpg.a03a4a5bf399560db985677afa7fbc38.jpgEDFiKbAWwAAMLVE.thumb.jpg.03c51cf6ec879891bc0d4f227d98ed44.jpg

A second officer has now died (due to apparent suicide). Howard Liebengood, 51.

Now...if it was suicide, then I'm seeing it as one of three possible motives. 1) He was so depressed that he failed to protect the capitol, that he couldn't live with himself...which is goddamn tragic. 2) He knew something more about what happened, and he had survivor's guilt for that reason. 3) Maybe he was the one who shot the woman and he feared how the rest of his life might go? Either way...goddammit. This is all on Trump and his cronies. 

7 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Wasn't the person who shot the girl secret service?

No idea. 

Was just thinking out loud. 

I want to avoid suggesting that his suicide could have been for a nefarious reason, such as collusion. We need way more information about this man and his mental health before we can conclude anything about his death. I just wanted to acknowledge that it happened, and that there could be a few reasons for it. In all likelihood, it was probably PSTD from the entire experience.

But, damn, man...this is the ripple effect of what has happened. It's not over yet. It probably never will be. We'll keep seeing things like this , and most of them will go unobserved after a certain point. Most of these struggling officers or people involved will likely suffer in silence for years to come.

12 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Why not 2-3 years ago?

Same. I think he was a bully, but he probably changed over time, like how HBK went from being a twatwaffle to a better person. 

Because continuing to support Trump won't get them anywhere. He lost, so they have nothing to gain. I don't think they necessarily care about the damage Trump has caused to the country, but they care about the damage to the party and more importantly, to themselves. Some Republicans are already in trouble for helping the terrorists or supporting terrorism, like Hawley or whoever. I also think a large part of republican voters are not happy with what Trump supporters did either.

America doesn't care about stopping it, especially liberals and moderates. Honestly, as much as they love to blame the left, I think they played a bigger part in Trump's rise. It didn't start with Trump, it continued with him and was made bigger and brought to the front. 

Not gonna lie, the woman who got trampled to death while wearing a “don’t tread on me” shirt and the guy who tased his own bollocks make it sound more like Carry On Couping than an actual serious attempt at circumventing democracy. :lol:

Seriously though, you guys need to impeach Trump. Lord knows what’ll happen on inauguration day if you don’t, or even possibly if you do. 

When they kept doing those boat convoys, all I was thinking about was the aeration and temperature increase of the water...the noise pollution disrupting the wildlife, the literal pollution from beer cans and whatever other trash they leave behind. The Trump klan is literally pure garbage. Even if they hadn't literally carved this shit into the back of manatee, their presence on these waterways was disruptive to begin with.

Archived