U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

On 8/17/2022 at 7:26 PM, Doink! said:

It's nice to know that you know better than minorities and women what is in their best interests.

I mean...when they vote for someone who directly undermines their rights...then yeah, I guess I do. *shrug*

And it isn't just minorities. - There are plenty of people who voted against their interests when it came to Trump.

I mean...literally like 95% of the idiots who did vote for him (most of them falling into the uneducated, low-income, Caucasian demographic). -If you aren't wealthy elite with special interests in various lobbies, then you were a complete idiot for thinking Trump gave a shit about you. Period. Of course, this goes right back to the white nationalist agenda. Racist white people were glad to vote with Trump if it meant they could openly express their most vile opinions. I guess this made it worth their vote, even if it meant that they were going to lose other rights and become poorer in the long-run. "Healthcare and basic human rights? No thank you. I just want to be able to say the N-word and sexually harass my coworkers! MAGA!"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, not just Trump but republican politicians as whole. Right wingers are often acting against their own interest, from the time of FDR to even now, for no good reason. It's crazy to see, especially over stupidity like "pull yourselves up by your bootstraps!" and whatnot. It's shit like this that's hurt tons of American people. 

The republican party as it currently stands is the biggest threat to American democracy. Not the "libs", not China, not Russia. It's the crooked republican core that wants to take away the reproductive rights from women, limit voting rights from minorities. They are the ones enabling Trumps treacherous activity, storming the capital and calling for violence against the FBI. They are jeopardizing every election by saying how it is rigged if they don't win. Pushing guns, guns and even more guns without offering a plausible solution to mass shootings. It's basically terrorist in office, not to mention some of them are clearly working in some way for Russia, cough cough, Rand Paul, and Trump who is madly in love with Putin.

• 3 months later...

Trump now says that laws and regulations must be ignored (including ignoring what is written in the constitution) - just because he's still salty about losing the election. This asshole and his followers put the constitution on a pedestal for years, only now to completely contradict themselves and show their true colors once again. Hilarious. 

Yeah, and people are actually stupid enough to believe that if Trump was still president things would be better. They think that if he was president Russia wouldn't be attacking Ukraine. Putin was in no rush to attack Ukraine while Trump was president because he (Putin) knew that Trump was destroying this country from within. Keeping him in power was the best way to cause damage to the USA. Once Biden won I think Vlad knew a more traditional administration was going to be back in charge, not unlike the clown show that was the Trump cabinet.

2 hours ago, M3J said:

Elon really is a lying piece of trash. I hope he completely loses his wealth. 

I mean...the problem with people like Elon or Trump is that they don't even need to be "wealthy". The more they lie, the more it doesn't even matter if they have money or not. From what I've heard, the purchase of Twitter already financially destroyed Musk, and there is absolutely no way for him to even come close to making up for it. But, again...it doesn't really matter. Worst case scenario for him will probably just be shutting Twitter down and declaring bankruptcy, which never actually means shit for wealthy people. Also, it seems to be a widely accepted truth that breaking Twitter was his plan all along.

Anyway...lying piece of trash? Yes. 100%.

21 minutes ago, Generations said:

I mean...the problem with people like Elon or Trump is that they don't even need to be "wealthy". The more they lie, the more it doesn't even matter if they have money or not. From what I've heard, the purchase of Twitter already financially destroyed Musk, and there is absolutely no way for him to even come close to making up for it. But, again...it doesn't really matter. Worst case scenario for him will probably just be shutting Twitter down and declaring bankruptcy, which never actually means shit for wealthy people. Also, it seems to be a widely accepted truth that breaking Twitter was his plan all along.

Anyway...lying piece of trash? Yes. 100%.

I feel like their wealth is what makes people look past their bullshit and believe them, especially this appearance that they're hardworking even though they inherited their wealth. I don't think buying Twitter did that much damage to Elon's wealth. Where did you hear that? 

He claims to be about free speech but he's been firing people who disagree with him. He also used Twitter to tell people to vote for republicans despite them being the wrong choice. 

4 hours ago, M3J said:

I don't think buying Twitter did that much damage to Elon's wealth. Where did you hear that? 

I don't mean the guy is broke now, or anything like that...I just mean, it was a terrible deal, and he will never make back what he spent on it. His grand plan of charging $8 per user who subscribes to Twitter blue is basically a drop in an ocean...and he is now literally selling office chairs and kitchen equipment from the Twitter offices. - Not to mention, the companies and celebrities who left Twitter and pulled their ad revenue in the process. The idiot loses money every single second that Twitter continues to exist. Saying that it's anything other than a financial disaster would be a lie.

Also, this:

With interest on his loans totaling over $150m/month and a company grossing $5B before screwing it all up and chasing the advertisers out, Twitter's reluctant purchaser Elon Musk seems to be running out of options.

Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert shows off her intellectual capacity by demanding the impeachment of United States Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas for being good at his job.

"On Mayorkas's watch," she whined, "over 14,000 pounds of fentanyl was seized in fiscal year 2022 at our southern border. That is an all-time record high."

Smh...of course.

On 12/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, Generations said:

I don't mean the guy is broke now, or anything like that...I just mean, it was a terrible deal, and he will never make back what he spent on it. His grand plan of charging $8 per user who subscribes to Twitter blue is basically a drop in an ocean...and he is now literally selling office chairs and kitchen equipment from the Twitter offices. - Not to mention, the companies and celebrities who left Twitter and pulled their ad revenue in the process. The idiot loses money every single second that Twitter continues to exist. Saying that it's anything other than a financial disaster would be a lie.

Also, this:

Ooh. But yeah in the long run he hurt himself, but I do wonder how much he makes as he's still the top 5 wealthiest. I'm just hoping it doesn't affect Twitter as it's an immensely useful app still. 

So...in the latest of both Elon and Trump taking massive L's...

Musk started banning reporters on twitter just for reporting on the story about the ElonJet account (an account that told people where his private jet was). - Not only are flight logs actually legal for people to share (there are entire apps for this), but, yeah...he started banning outlets just for reporting the story. Not necessarily even posting the link, just saying "yeah...this is what is happening". He's silencing anyone on twitter just for mentioning it.

And in Trump news...he apparently hyped up some massive announcement, then revealed that he was releasing "digital trading cards" for $99 each. Grifters gonna grift. ? - I'm not gonna post any images of what these things look like. But, you already know. (Terribly photoshopped art of Trump's face on big muscle men, shooting lasers out of their eyes and shit). Just...embarrassingly bad.

• 2 weeks later...

So...two amusing things. First off...there was an actual vote in congress or whatever, about whether to investigate child sex crimes. You'd think it would be voted "yes" across the board, but there were like 15 or 20 republicans who voted against it. (I can't remember the actual number). - Secondly, Biden just drafted a bill to make it a federal mandate that prisons must have working camera systems. Again...one of those things that Republicans love to blame democrats for (the Epstein murder, etc). - You really just can't make up how backwards these people are. 

On 12/28/2022 at 9:30 AM, Generations said:

So...two amusing things. First off...there was an actual vote in congress or whatever, about whether to investigate child sex crimes. You'd think it would be voted "yes" across the board, but there were like 15 or 20 republicans who voted against it. (I can't remember the actual number). - Secondly, Biden just drafted a bill to make it a federal mandate that prisons must have working camera systems. Again...one of those things that Republicans love to blame democrats for (the Epstein murder, etc). - You really just can't make up how backwards these people are. 

There's a reason why I don't vote republican anymore and it's not necessarily because I'm a diehard liberal or whatever, it's because the republican party is so full of skeezy, sleazy, dirty, racist, lying, corrupt, and treacherous people in office that I just can't bring myself to vote for any of them, no matter how unpopular the democratic candidates may be.

• 1 month later...

Shit is bonkers out here with republicans criminalizing drag shows in places like Tennessee...and in Florida, DeSantis wants to make people register with the state of Florida in order to blog or write stories about him, and charge them daily if they fail to do so. - So, how are we all enjoying the party that literally kills free speech? 

Archived