U.S. Politics Discussion

PaperThinWalls

On 8/13/2022 at 12:59 AM, Doink! said:

A lot of people voted for Hillary.

The Hillary shit will never stop being hilarious to me. 

What she was accused of doing is literally a spit in a bucket compared to what Trump blatantly did for his entire presidency; It's like the equivalent of driving around in a car that has no wheels,  only rims...and then saying "yeah...but the left rear tire on that other car was pretty soft., so I chose this one." ?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Republicans are truly delusional about this whole Mar-a-Lago search. - Actually just heard some idiot on a round table discussion say that this "unprecedented" search would open the door for Biden's house to be searched in the future and they could expose things like Hunter's cocaine use. Like...bro...the president's son doing cocaine is so far from being important to a single goddamn American citizen. Y'all really need to stop being so absurd with the shit you cling to. Trump literally had box on top of box of classified government information that he stole when he left the Whitehouse. This does not even begin to compare to a grown ass man having a drug problem and being an embarrassment to his father's campaign (something that still carries absolutely zero weight in terms of actually being problematic to anyone other than Hunter and Joe Biden).

I completely missed the argument that Trump declassified these documents but there's no record of him doing it.

So... can you just... grab a box of classified documents and be like "ALRIGHT EVERYBODY! THESE CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS AREN'T CLASSIFIED ANYMORE, SO I'M TAKING THEM HOME!" and just walk out of the office? Like... what am I missing? If there's no record of them being declassified, then there's still recorded as classified. Right? Am I dumb? AM I DUMB? HELP ME, DOINK! 

If you can declassify things at a moment's notice and the White House doesn't even have to generate the paperwork confirming it, why even go out of your way to make it a felony? You can apparently go from "Whoopsies" to "We good!" instantly if your the President

25 minutes ago, WNX said:

I completely missed the argument that Trump declassified these documents but there's no record of him doing it.

So... can you just... grab a box of classified documents and be like "ALRIGHT EVERYBODY! THESE CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS AREN'T CLASSIFIED ANYMORE, SO I'M TAKING THEM HOME!" and just walk out of the office? Like... what am I missing? If there's no record of them being declassified, then there's still recorded as classified. Right? Am I dumb? AM I DUMB? HELP ME, DOINK! 

If you can declassify things at a moment's notice and the White House doesn't even have to generate the paperwork confirming it, why even go out of your way to make it a felony? You can apparently go from "Whoopsies" to "We good!" instantly if your the President

1) Relax on the caffeine.

2) I'm not a fan of "hot takes." I'm waiting for more info since neither side wants to give it.

Just a random tidbit looking at primary results.

I do wish Trump would go away somewhat. But I've always thought that about politicians that lose elections. You've had your day  in the sun. You lost. Time to move on. I believe MAGA was needed in 2016, but politics is a fast, ever evolving process and we need to start beating Dems by electing younger leadership and stop holding on to these old dinosaurs. I imagine Dems feel the same way.

I'm not a big fan of the Bush's, Cheney's, Clinton's either who try to make a dynasty out of politics. We desperately need term limits.

5 hours ago, Doink! said:

Just a random tidbit looking at primary results.

I do wish Trump would go away somewhat. But I've always thought that about politicians that lose elections. You've had your day  in the sun. You lost. Time to move on. I believe MAGA was needed in 2016, but politics is a fast, ever evolving process and we need to start beating Dems by electing younger leadership and stop holding on to these old dinosaurs. I imagine Dems feel the same way.

I'm not a big fan of the Bush's, Cheney's, Clinton's either who try to make a dynasty out of politics. We desperately need term limits.

Never was or will MAGA be needed...not after Republicans threw their rings in the hat with it.
It should have been the eye opener to clean up the party, not to enable people like Cruz or Gaetz more.
It should have reshaped the Republican party to move forward, not going backwards without a shame.

Only if they get rid of the people that hold the party back from evolving the country positive...only then MAGA was a needed tool.
But that doesnt seem to be what the Party decided, so no...MAGA was not "needed".

MAGA has always been a facade for white nationalism. It was definitely never needed. But, it did accomplish exactly what it set out to do...it was a shameless cash-grab for things like gun and oil lobbies, and an excuse for humanity to embrace all of its worst parts (lots of people think it feels good to be an asshole -  I get it). One last push for outdated concepts, and an attempt for special interests to keep their death-grip on the middle class. Trump's presidency also directly enabled Putin to invade Ukraine. And you can quote me on that. - The damage of those 4 years will literally never be undone. Every facet of not only the US, but of the world itself, is now weaker, more unstable, and more uncertain thanks to this "life exists to be conquered and monetized" mentality.

8 minutes ago, Doink! said:

Well, the data just doesn't correlate, considering Teump got the most minority vote of any R President in my lifetime.

This is really a leap. 

Just because people were tricked into voting for the man does not mean that the overall agenda and appeal of his presidency was not one of white empowerment. (The same could be said for women who voted for Trump only to lose their productive rights). People do all sorts of things that are entirely counter-intuitive and work against their own betterment. It's called being conned. 

17 minutes ago, Generations said:

This is really a leap. 

Just because people were tricked into voting for the man does not mean that the overall agenda and appeal of his presidency was not one of white empowerment. (The same could be said for women who voted for Trump only to lose their productive rights). People do all sorts of things that are entirely counter-intuitive and work against their own betterment. It's called being conned. 

It's nice to know that you know better than minorities and women what is in their best interests.

MAGA does = white nationalism and fascism regardless of the amount of minorities that voted for Trump. It still doesn't cancel out the fact that more white people voted for Trump mainly because of his putting white people first and blaming non-white people for any and everything. 

5 minutes ago, M3J said:

MAGA does = white nationalism and fascism regardless of the amount of minorities that voted for Trump. It still doesn't cancel out the fact that more white people voted for Trump mainly because of his putting white people first and blaming non-white people for any and everything. 

Do you have any data that suggests that was the reason most white ppl voted for Trump or are you just throwing conjecture?

MAGA is quite a bit more than that...but its undeniable that the major appeal it had, spoke to the white nationalists.

And wasnt it recently a big thing that the "Gays for Trump" were barred from attending a Trump event, making them realize that they were just used for votes but never meant to be really part of the whole movement?

1 minute ago, Mani-Man said:

MAGA is quite a bit more than that...but its undeniable that the major appeal it had, spoke to the white nationalists.

And wasnt it recently a big thing that the "Gays for Trump" were barred from attending a Trump event, making them realize that they were just used for votes but never meant to be really part of the whole movement?

I'm sure that some Dems policies are loved by anti-semitics, but you can't then throw that label on Dem voters.

I googled the banning thing, and I can't find a single article on it.

28 minutes ago, Doink! said:

I'm sure that some Dems policies are loved by anti-semitics, but you can't then throw that label on Dem voters.

I googled the banning thing, and I can't find a single article on it.

I highly doubt that, but what Democrat Policies would you say are loved by anti-semitics? 

I will have to check it, but there was definitly something with some LGBT Trump supporter group some time ago.
But either way, my point is that its not the first or last time that minorities etc vote for a political party that ends up not to have been in their best interests.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

I highly doubt that, but what Democrat Policies would you say are loved by anti-semitics? 

I will have to check it, but there was definitly something with some LGBT Trump supporter group some time ago.
But either way, my point is that its not the first or last time that minorities etc vote for a political party that ends up not to have been in their best interests.

The BDS movement specifically. 

You and Gens take on this is unbelievable. You knowing better than they do about what their best interests are screams elitist and egotism.

On 8/17/2022 at 7:59 PM, Doink! said:

Do you have any data that suggests that was the reason most white ppl voted for Trump or are you just throwing conjecture?

Do you have any data that suggests that wasn't the reason why most white people voted for Trump, or are you just in denial/playing contrarian? 

2 hours ago, M3J said:

Do you have any data that suggests that wasn't the reason why most white people voted for Trump, or are you just in denial/playing contrarian? 

You made the claim. It's your responsibility to prove the claim, not for me to disprove it.

If it was the opposite, I could say watermelons are blue inside until you open them. Prove me wrong.

20 hours ago, Doink! said:

You made the claim. It's your responsibility to prove the claim, not for me to disprove it.

If it was the opposite, I could say watermelons are blue inside until you open them. Prove me wrong.

Thing is, I honestly couldn't care less about proving the obvious. Especially to someone who's likely not acting on good faith. 

Archived